United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Diego, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
San Diego, CA104 értékelés
104 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 568 értékelés megtekintése
postal office
everyone is super open and willing to work with others. sometimes days can be slow or be quick. One thing is that you have to be independent at one point.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people are the best part of the job.,
The best part of the job is the people. The worst part is not being able to do the job you were hired to do. No creativity. The pay is low for the field of work provided.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Can be great or terrible
I work for the postal service for 5 years at two different locations. My first location I loved. The people supported you, management let you do your job, and they made you feel like what you did mattered. My second location was the opposite. But even then there were worthwhile people that encourage you.
Tons of overtime
Very hard work!
The USPS bottom line is money. They work their employees hard, are very demanding and the stress level is very high. Over years of physically demanding work and stress, this job can ruin your health!
Builds character
Job security,presents challenges, gives you the feeling of being a very essential asset in many people's lives witch intern gives you a great since of pride, that you're making a difference in people's lives
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Productive workplace
Overwork employees, and language beerier in management. Poor leadership. People who are put into leadership roles that don't know how to be leaders. Great federal retirement benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work is hard but rewarding.
I liked working at the USPS. I liked my my job and my customers..Most of the time. Management isn't always trained well, and sometimes they like to bark a lot, but we do have a strong union that backs you. Most of the letter carriers are hard workers and do a good job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun co workers and good place to work
During the holidays it is stressful to get all the mail ready for the day a there is way more volume. I have never worked so hard and had more fun than at the Post Office
Look elsewhere
Too much stress and responsibility for a very little pay. No full benefits until you become a regular career employee which can take up to 3 years. During holidays you will work up to 60 hours a week still not enough to survive in San diego.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay but they work you hard.
As a temporary holiday employee, the post office works you really hard. Two weeks in a row, working 6 days a week, 10+ hours a day tends to wear on ones' body and mind. The biggest plus is the pay is very good and the overtime is great but you get no holiday fun time with the family because you are so tired and sore from work. The supervisors are always so busy and almost have no time for you and they expect you to jump when they say. The job is easy but very physical and draining.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Please do not work as a CCA/carrier
This is a horrible job. Do not work for the USPS. READ THE COMMENTS.

Horrible schedule. It’s very hard work for the pay you make. This job will take you no where in life. I knew guys who were CCAs for five years who haven’t made career. Until your career, you don’t have any benefits.

You’re working in old vehicles with no AC or heaters and you’re out in whatever weather conditions for hours. Management treat you like trash and set you up for failure. This is the worst job I’ve ever had. It will be the worst job you ever had. I urge you to find something else.
Heavy Working
If you work for USPS and be prepared to get force to work overtime no matter if they ask you to do. Also they can make you to move other position that you dont want it
great pay
short break
good steady job
great place for benefits and steady work. job is the same day in and day out except for the mail volume. if you dont mind doing the same thing over and over and over again, day in and day out, than this job is for you.
Highly stressful
Nearly all management is ex-military they are rude disrespectful and don't care how long you work. When I first started there I walked almost a month straight before I got a day off and some days I was coming in at 10 and 11 at night. After working there I understood the term going postal. The post office is a self-governed entity everything is handled Within. A lot of the people retiring are retiring with injuries due to the job
Stressful workplace & Poor Manangement
I started off as a CCA (City Carrier Assistant) and there is no time for your home life because you are always on call and there is a schedule they don't follow. Theres a lot of stress on how fast you have to be yet they want you to be "SAFE". As I made regular 3 years later I had a regular schedule but still equal amounts of stress and continuous manager hounding. When you get help on your route, new CCA's complain because of the continuous cycle of stress.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Stressful, no breaks, no schedule and terrible management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over All it is a good place to work and meet people.
Very demanding and fast pace. Some management were good while other managers need management training and people skills. I would recommend working there if you are willing to put up with it
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great if you want to have an active job!
But, not so great if you wanted a great work life balance. I've work for the USPS for 5 years in 3 different states and honestly I would have stayed with the company, however I wasn't getting a good work life balance that worked for me and they are VERY strict with schedules. Other than that, if you do not do much outside of work, this job would be for you. Also, if you can handle aggressive management/some co-workers, a lot of fast paced work hours and getting a bit dirty. I've had multiple people in the military say that boot camp wasn't as aggressive. You're choice! :)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job security and great benefits
Great federal benefits. Easy to stay employed if you do what your supposed and maintain a good attendance review. Potential longevity amongst the company.
Fast pace
Good carrier once you make regular, but takes a few years to convert. Long hours for non regular employees, expect to work six day shifts and 10 to 12 hours a daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
quick-paced and stressful, high physical demanding job
Job is physically demanding. It is stressful due to time demands. You have to work in rainstorms or hot weather and everyday if you are a city carrier assistant. You Have to carry heavy loads in your satchel as well as on your arm and in your hand at the same time to deliver in the time they are telling you.
pay
Kontra érvek
short breaks. Have to work in extreme weather conditions
Munkahelyi kultúra
The trucker does everything, everyone else does nothing
You work at least six days a week 10 hours a day. Not bad right you get overtime. But you move serious weight. Load and unload and fast. Sweat your butt off then take the blame for every supervisor mishap. Thank God for a union cause without them you will never get paid right or time off right. It's North Korea with Trump constantly stepping in. The pay is just barely enough for cost of living your wife better have a job. It's good if your ex military but you will not be used to the work load.
Lots of hours and union
Kontra érvek
Skilled labor is not welcomed
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés