United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Diego, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
110 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 773 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fine place to work, I wish that the employees were more stoked on having awesome job security, a solid paycheck and lots of room for advancement and personal development. Working in the communities of San Diego could be much more meaningful if we had more engagement. I wish we had cleaner and updated facilities, maybe a few managers w plants in the office and an overall restructuring of process and ratification of the union and management agreement.
Pro érvek
Solid pay for solid work
Kontra érvek
Senseless union rules and overwhelmed workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
You basically start out working as a temp. The regular employees constantly take off and you are there to cover them. Managers favor certain people. No benefits. No sanitizing anything even while people are contacting covid. Working long hours with one day off at a low pay rate. Work every holiday and every weekend. Working ergonomically doesn't happen and there are dangerous set ups resulting in injuries. No training on anything! Last break is not allowed till all work is complete.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work weird hours and during peak season you have to work overtime. You have to have a lot of patience because they throw you in without going over the job details. Workers sometimes show you the ropes but overall you are like on your own. They go to break but fail to let you know then you missed it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love love love this job! It’s so awesome from the work to the people you work with! You will learn something new everyday! You will get a work out in for sure no matter what you choose to do.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Myth: The post office is very competitive, elite, hard to get into and applicants get rejected all the time. Fact: They hire everybody. You're NOT special. As long as you have a driver's license and a pulse, you're probably going to get the job.
Pro érvek
1. Meeting and petting friendly dogs 2. Every once in a while, somebody brings in pizza
Literally everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
For the first 3 years no guarantee hours no vacation paid no sick leave no health insurance nothing Not even weekly schedule, you have to call every day and see if they need you or not
Munkahelyi kultúra
everyone is super open and willing to work with others. sometimes days can be slow or be quick. One thing is that you have to be independent at one point.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The best part of the job is the people. The worst part is not being able to do the job you were hired to do. No creativity. The pay is low for the field of work provided.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work for the postal service for 5 years at two different locations. My first location I loved. The people supported you, management let you do your job, and they made you feel like what you did mattered. My second location was the opposite. But even then there were worthwhile people that encourage you.
Tons of overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS bottom line is money. They work their employees hard, are very demanding and the stress level is very high. Over years of physically demanding work and stress, this job can ruin your health!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job security,presents challenges, gives you the feeling of being a very essential asset in many people's lives witch intern gives you a great since of pride, that you're making a difference in people's lives
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overwork employees, and language beerier in management. Poor leadership. People who are put into leadership roles that don't know how to be leaders. Great federal retirement benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked working at the USPS. I liked my my job and my customers..Most of the time. Management isn't always trained well, and sometimes they like to bark a lot, but we do have a strong union that backs you. Most of the letter carriers are hard workers and do a good job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During the holidays it is stressful to get all the mail ready for the day a there is way more volume. I have never worked so hard and had more fun than at the Post Office
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too much stress and responsibility for a very little pay. No full benefits until you become a regular career employee which can take up to 3 years. During holidays you will work up to 60 hours a week still not enough to survive in San diego.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a temporary holiday employee, the post office works you really hard. Two weeks in a row, working 6 days a week, 10+ hours a day tends to wear on ones' body and mind. The biggest plus is the pay is very good and the overtime is great but you get no holiday fun time with the family because you are so tired and sore from work. The supervisors are always so busy and almost have no time for you and they expect you to jump when they say. The job is easy but very physical and draining.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a horrible job. Do not work for the USPS. READ THE COMMENTS. Horrible schedule. It’s very hard work for the pay you make. This job will take you no where in life. I knew guys who were CCAs for five years who haven’t made career. Until your career, you don’t have any benefits. You’re working in old vehicles with no AC or heaters and you’re out in whatever weather conditions for hours. Management treat you like trash and set you up for failure. This is the worst job I’ve ever had. It will be the worst job you ever had. I urge you to find something else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you work for USPS and be prepared to get force to work overtime no matter if they ask you to do. Also they can make you to move other position that you dont want it
great pay
short break
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place for benefits and steady work. job is the same day in and day out except for the mail volume. if you dont mind doing the same thing over and over and over again, day in and day out, than this job is for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nearly all management is ex-military they are rude disrespectful and don't care how long you work. When I first started there I walked almost a month straight before I got a day off and some days I was coming in at 10 and 11 at night. After working there I understood the term going postal. The post office is a self-governed entity everything is handled Within. A lot of the people retiring are retiring with injuries due to the job
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started off as a CCA (City Carrier Assistant) and there is no time for your home life because you are always on call and there is a schedule they don't follow. Theres a lot of stress on how fast you have to be yet they want you to be "SAFE". As I made regular 3 years later I had a regular schedule but still equal amounts of stress and continuous manager hounding. When you get help on your route, new CCA's complain because of the continuous cycle of stress.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Stressful, no breaks, no schedule and terrible management