United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Rochester, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Rochester, NY56 értékelés
56 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 036 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is easy and pretty self explanatory. Working on the machines and manual operations is easy but working with the employees and bad supervision is something I dont like.
Work is easy
Management is poor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company has been federally recognized as the most important and family friendly job in America. It shows just how important it is to be a part of a community to work for the us postal service
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good pay and benefits but has terrible management ! Working conditions are good and time goes by quickly. Management shows no concern for the employees. The junior employees do the harder and nastier jobs and are looked down upon.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of opportunities to grow with the company.Managers were really nice and friendly.I have learned a lot from there one day I would like to be regular employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst place to work. People say "oh the post office your set!!!!!" Not!!!!! Dangerous neighborhoods expected to work in the dark. No respect for being an employee of theirs. I give it 0 stars.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
United States Postal Service offers great benefit such as medical and dental benefit. This company offers extensive training for those seeking position such mechanic/engineering.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a job where I had the least work accomodations but where I grew the most. They hierarchy it's well structured in a way where you find accessibility in and out of your work space
Munkahelyi kultúra
The culture at the post office has improved since I began working there. It has been inclusive. The work is not hard and supervisor treat you with dignity and respect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very challenging and rewarding. The many interaction on a daily basis within the community we serve is great. I enjoy the personal growth and the relationships I have build over the years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervisors will fire you if they don’t like you. Or if one of their friends don’t like you. I was fired based upon the fact that a
Amanager was friends

With someone who didn’t like

Me. They were jealous and used their management friend to write me up and got me

Fired after 10 years of service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
• No maternity leave. Must use your accumulated vacation/sick time. Hope you have it!
• Working in the office is stressful, but actually carrying the mail (on a nice day) is relaxing.

• I dont feel the job pays nearly enough for what you do. From the second you

clock in, they track your every move. You can never take it easy. You ALWAYS need to be moving because the GPS is tracking you.
Pro érvek
Easy job that anyone can do.
Kontra érvek
Must work weekends, and many days off, No maternity leave, Carriers and supervisors constantly in your business, Low pay considering job (outside in painfully cold weather), Go go go constantly non stop, Bad on your joints over time, No HR department, so people act ridiculous with no consequences, Waterproof clothing/boots are not waterproof.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They united states postal service can be a very rewarding job. Good place of employment great benefits. Many opportunities for advancement not only in management but also in technical and mechanical crafts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just follow instructions for the first 90 days and learn the job and there will be no problems. The union will pressure you to join immediately but take your time because it is very difficult to quit the union if you decide to later
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is right up my alley with the wok they handle, working in the mail room providing stamps and assistance to the customers, also the environment is amazing, everyone is friendly
Munkahelyi kultúra
The overall culture at the USPS is getting better and more progressive in its operations. The customer is still the focus and management is looking to be the best in the industry.
security
communications
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did not work directly for the United States Postal Service. I operated the Contract Station within my place of business at Lyell Video and News. I enjoyed working with and helping people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a contracted worker basically, what they call a PSE(Postal Support Employee), which is a glorified casual(temp). You are contracted for 1 year, and under the contract they were SUPPOSED to make a % of the workers permanent full time workers(Based on Seniority because it's a union job). Come time for the year to almost be up, maybe 2-3 months or less, they find some magical loophole in the contract to cut it short, and then keep you off staff for a while to reset the contract and do it all over again! That way they keep the worker, keep the low pay rate, and don't have to give you extra benefits/Sick time(Cause PSEs obviously don't get sick, we're immune and not human). Union doesn't help you with anything, and if you take yourself from their roster, they want to put your name on the "Wall of Shame" for the people that aren't in the union. I hope they've removed it after all these year, that HAD to be an HR concern in my opinion. That all went on the length of my stint there. I could type more because there is tons of awful things to say about them, but if these aren't enough for you, then you just want to have a miserable time, and belong there like the rest of the miserable workers~
Pro érvek
It DOES happen to look good on a resume, simple job(Dont let it fool you though, its not good)
Kontra érvek
Management is terrible, advancement is awful, people stay there until they are basically ready to die, so no moving up for a lifetime, seniority garuntees you get the short end of the stick. Union Is Terrible!
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
At the beginning of your shift, you must receive an assignment from a number of supervisors waiting at a podium. Some days may be laid back and others, can be very hectic. Seniority always gets the priority of the easier jobs / shifts. Be prepared to move around a lot as when demand arises, you may find yourself doing different jobs during a shift. Management can be an assorted bag, I was lucky enough to work with a very nice supervisor. But, many of the other supervisors and managers seem very short tempered and arrogant. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job. Some were very friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. There were also some that looked down on temporary workers and had bad attitudes or took advantage of their seniority. The most appalling part about the job was some of those people were looking for a reason to tattle on each other. Since there are many unions that make up the postal service, employees get an incentive to report each other. Also, work is not guaranteed and you could be sent home early.
Meeting friendly hardworking individuals
Kontra érvek
Toxic culture, seniority, unstable work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job. The management is bent on getting people fired, but the job is awesome, just ignore management, their working for their bonuses, so they have to be a pain in the hole.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work. A lot of work to be done and overtime is almost always there. Coworkers are great and very helpful to new incoming carriers. Recommend.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for a company that had a contract to represent the USPS in their efforts to expand their Every Door Direct Mail sales and shipping to small business owners. I did not enjoy the work.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés