United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Roanoke, VA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Roanoke, VA32 értékelés
32 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 803 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management did not seem to be very helpful. Also they didn't pay me correctly and it was months before it was corrected. The other coworkers were helpful, but management wan not.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the Process and Distribution center main plant Downtown Roanoke. Bad hours, you will work evenings or nights as only seasoned or favored employees get put on day shift. Management does not care about you or your health. They just care about speed and numbers, if you get hurt or break down so what, they will just hire someone else, that is management’s mindset. They will only give you 8 hours between shifts some days. Management will harass and try to intimidate you for no reason. You can be doing your job minding your business and a supervisor will come up to you and bully you. When I first started working there, I had a supervisor time me on how long I was on break. I knew he was timing me because he looked at me as I was walking to the break room, then looked at his watch. You are allowed 15 minutes for break. Come back 1 minute late and you will be disciplined. I was back at my work station in 14 minutes. He came up to me and stepped me aside and claimed I was gone for 20 minutes and if I did it again I would be fired. Good employee or not if you are not favored you will be harassed. They micro manage. They will stand there and watch you work. 10 hour shifts 6 days a week. They do not tell you you will be working this many hours during orientation. Your body will break down over time as you are standing, bending your back to reach mail and the equipment is obsolete so you are prone to knee, back, and shoulder injury when pushing or pulling the equipment that transfers the mail. Many senior employees have had multiple different types of surgeries from doing this - több...
Pay
Kontra érvek
The whole place is a con
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved my job and my Supervisors. The people there are very nice and always happy to help you. It really is a team effort. During the peak seasons, it can be difficult working so many hours but the money is well worth it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Different management and i wouldhave tried to retire from there..but money was not worth it..moved on..to a mon-fri..less money but more family time n less stress
Munkahelyi kultúra
I do not want this review to be perceived as negative, but from my experience, if you have a family or are a single parent, this is not the place for you. It is very demanding of your time and your life. Be prepared to put in a lot of hours. There was so much disorder and chaos, mostly due to management not scheduling correctly. Hopefully there will be improvement for future employees. Great pay, but I do not feel it was worth missing out on family time that you can not get back especially if you are a single parent
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my career with the Postal Service, I eventually worked all three shifts of the mail processing spectrum. Work could be hard and repetitive but it is 'blue collar' work. The years in customer service , I found very rewarding . Interacting with the public and presenting a positive attitude of the government agency I worked for. I was able to train and share my skillsets with younger employees. Hopefully improving their work ethic. Management , unfortunately had it's flaws. Too many times it would appear they would promote based on the 'buddy' system not on qualifications.
great pay and benefits
some inept managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was hard to work for. They paid a lot of attention to small things. The people were a lot of fun to work with and I enjoyed my time there at the Post Office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed MOST of the managers that I had the pleasure of working with (this is rare from what I understand in the PO). they were understanding and helped when needed.I LOVED my customers and my co-workers. Never had a bad experience with the post office. Would recommend to anybody! Great benefits, pay, etc. You don't have much of a work/life balance though. the job is stressful and you cant always get the time off that you need.
Munkahelyi kultúra
sorts mail for delivery starting at 6. leave building to starting the route around 8. make sure all packages certified letters where picked up before leaving the station. Once deliveries begin make sure all mail is delivery and sign for if needed. put up any out going mail and residents and returned at end of you route
Pro érvek
working at your own pace
weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I worked for the usps, it was at what they called a REC Center, and we bar coded mail. We sat behind a computer all night. During christmas, you worked long hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post Office is a great place to find a career if you want it to be. Finding your work life balance may be a problem. Pay is decent for not requiring a degree. I can only speak for my experience, but the lack of communication between managers is a problem. As a CCA, you are required to work as needed. There is no set schedule as you are on-call. So be sure to have a flexible schedule. As you may be needed on short notice. If you are interested in a position with the post office. There is an exam. You start off as a part time position. In order to make regular. It's based off seniority with other CCA's, and other unassigned regulars. So put in your time, and don't let it overwhelm you at first.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at this company. The atmosphere was positive and everyone helped each other with day to day assignment. Work was routine but varied with volume. I was able to bid on a set schedule after o was hired permanently after one year and a half as a Pse. I would recommend working here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast pasted and stressful the money is good but that's about the only thing I can say about the place, you earn time off and they won't let you use it
Money's good
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a difficult job that boiled down to putting smaller boxes into bigger, metal boxes to be shipped nationwide. Without getting too verbose, the place was ran poorly and I had a very negative experience overall. Don't apply for the Postal Service unless you are a veteran or you're applying for the Clerk position, which pays more for less work. I learned nothing from this job and enjoyed just as much.
Pro érvek
The hours were plentiful and consistent
Kontra érvek
Absolutely zero benefits and opportunity to move up, mediocre pay, and the worst co-workers and management I've had the displeasure of working with
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting mail and delivery, Learning customer services skills, management treats employees with no respect, letter carrier job is very physical, I enjoy my customers the most.
Great customers
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Like odd hours and a cutthroat union employer? Go USPS. If you dont mind watching an entire workforce be allowed to spend a 1/4 of the day on break? go BLUE!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the United States postal service is a Easy job my work varried, since i was a mail handler I Unloaded and loaded trucks on dock. Sort and carry mail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is one of the worst jobs to be under staffed. 100% walking routes suffer more , having to work til 6 or 7 gets to you. The job itself i love.....
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job and people that i work with, i jsut need a part time to make extra income but other than that i enjoy my job at United Postal Service. I can recommend everyone to work for this great company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
this was a fun job, did get an offer to stay but there were not guaranteed hours and no benefits. Management was nice they work with you and your schedule.
fun job
Kontra érvek
worked on the holidays, but it was a seasonal job
Munkahelyi kultúra
They are not family friendly. Don't care about your health at all. Have management that belittle employees and talk very condesending to them. I would not recommend anybody that wold want to keep their sanity.
Money
everything else
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés