United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Raleigh, NC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Raleigh, NC94 értékelés
94 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 610 értékelés megtekintése
Staple of the Community
The USPS is a very demanding yet rewarding career. It requires organization and more physically demanding work than some would imagine. It requires great customer service skills due to the interactions with customers. Although it can be very demanding it is also very rewarding. The benefits are stellar and retirement options are top-notch.
1,0
Hate it
Horrible place to work but good pay. If you want a livable income with no personal life and severe body deterioration on a short period of time this is the perfect job for you
Not Very Understanding
I like to walk and vape during my breaks. I had an odd sense of being watched. It turned out my manager was watching me and said my behavior was “weird” because people don’t walk around there.
Usps
Long hours, good pay, no work to life balance. High stress job with very tight deadlines. Poor management and you don’t feel appreciated as an employee.
Good benefits
Some employees not held responsible for their work

Volume of mail arrives sometimes to late for timely processing to meet dispatch times

Technology sometimes lags behind.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice government job that has wonderful benefits.
Briefed by supervisor on safety and previous days work assessment. Emphasize when, where, who, what and time-line reporting back to operations at the end of the day. This is based off of daily computed data. No two routes are the same based on volume. Your peers will become like family, due to the amount of time and hours spent at the post office. Most enjoyable part is meeting and communicating with customers. Seeing that smile when arriving to there door or mail box.
Not worth the money
I worked at a USPS plant. It’s easy work but overtime it becomes mentally draining. They have morning shifts but it’s almost impossible to land one of their morning shifts because EVERYONE wants a morning shift..so most employees work over night shifts. I worked 9pm-530am. You have no night life outside of work including weekends. You end up sleeping all day and you feel exhausted no matter how much sleep you get.. I always eat healthy, homemade meals but I ate so much fast food when I worked here because I had no energy to do anything. My apartment was always a mess too. My coworkers would say the same things. They didn’t have any energy outside of work. No time for family or friends. They work you every holiday including Christmas. You are not human to them but pretty much a machine. I went into a deep depression and I was always in a bad mood.. The checks were great but I never got to enjoy the money I made. I never had time to do anything outside of work. I was a seasonal employee, they offered me a permanent job but I declined the offer. Money is good but not worth the mental toll it takes. Even after I quit, I was still exhausted and mentally drained for WEEKS. I’d wake up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. I’d fall asleep at odd times like at 5pm and I would sleep for hours. It took awhile for me to feel “normal” again. Most employees who have been here for years look so miserable. I had one coworker who has been with USPS for 26 years and she was always in a bad mood, she was impatient, she dressed in dirty clothing with holes. I’m sure she makes good money - több...
A Good Job
The job can be terrible or very enjoyable depending on the people you work with and how you approach it. I was fortunate to work with good folks! I guess that could apply anywhere though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job pay and benefits
Plan on having to ask many questions to understand what you have to do.
Company orientation good, but no job specific orientation at all.

Great Union support, you should definitely be a Union member.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun place to work
It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed working there. I was on the MPI team going around the country refreshing USPS network infrastructure. I enjoyed the time that I spend there.
It pays the bills
All the care about is the mail, so don't come here if you're looking for someone to care about you, because moving the mail is the only thing USPS cares about. You can drop dead on the work room floor & there won't even be a moment of silence for you! On the other hand the benefits are great & the pay is pretty good if you don't have a degree
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful work atmosphere with great responsibility and time pressure
Working for the post office as a Supervisor in Raleigh is stressful job with constant need to insure carriers are doing the correct things, doing redundant tasks, data input to several programs through out the day, insuring every mail piece and parcel is delivered everyday, and monitoring carrier activities both in the office and on the street. Managing workflow and maximizing a carriers time to be as productive as possible is a great focus with many directives and initiatives from upper management with very little reward whether monetary or verbally, although critical conversations are abundant from both upper management and employees under you. Mail not coming when it is supposed to, not having enough employees to cover all the routes, not enough vehicles for every route and express mail and packages arriving late are just some of the issues to tackle daily. The work for a supervisor seems never ending and a good day is a day where there were only a few number of call outs, no vehicle accidents and all carriers made it back when they were supposed to. Normal days do not happen very often. It is a challenging environment and many would be supervisors have quit, moved back to craft work or have been terminated for failing to meet the extremely high expectations of upper management. It is a job where after doing it for years doesn't mean the job gets easier as in other occupations, but instead you are expected to perform more duties and in less time.
Great money
I loved working for the post office. Money was great and plenty of overtime available. The work was physically demanding, but easy. I met some really awesome people. Great experience, management is a possibility for everyone as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work hard for your money
If you have no life it's the perfect job for you. 6 days a week for years as a non career employee. Work every holiday and every weekend 10-14 hrs. Modern day slavery
Pro érvek
The pay but you work hard for it
No benefits and no life 4 days off a month
Productive Day Working
Get To work get all mail and parcels to get ready for the day of work, Also you have a certain time frame to have all mail done, the hardest part about the work is mostly the climate
Your Working Independent
Short Break
Productive and Informative
A manual labor job which allows you to display your professionalism, your verbal skills and work ethics. If you enjoy working with people on a daily basis, this is a great place to start.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Passive aggressive or abrasive management
Limited to no negotiation on entry level pay. Small to no raises regularly, which limits salary increases. Vacation has been reduced to 2 weeks upon entry with no increase for at least 5 years. Large percentage of your pay must be paid into your retirement fund, which does not include any contributions you make to the Thrift Saving Plan (TSP) - government's version of 401K. Many people retired in place (RIP) with little motivation to change. Morale is low for many different reasons.
Vested after five years
Management - Passive aggressive / abrasive - wears good people and ideas down
At your own risk
Its a time suck if u have a family u wont see them. It does pay well for the area but you work hard for every penny they pay in all weather nearly 7 days a week/ holidays / days off no matter what.
Ok
Organize and sort mail for route.
Deliver all mail and packages to customers according to designated route

Troubleshoot any problems customer may have on route

Return to USPS after all mail has been and properly put up any undelivered mail/packages in designated areas and clock out
Casual
Working in the wear house:
If you decide to work for the post office do not apply for the Casual position. You will do the same work like all MHA’s but get paid WAY less. No benefits until MAYBE after two years of being there and Jobs don’t post as often.

The assessment has changed it is no 473 battery exam. It’s a personality test for all positions.
1,0
Terrible Place very stressful
The worst job I've ever had. The managers go through no training. The MDOs are terrible and have no clue to what their job is. The union is a joke. I'm glad their are good Labor Lawyers around.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés