United States Postal Service
3,4 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Raleigh, NC

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
99 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 27 429 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is a very demanding yet rewarding career. It requires organization and more physically demanding work than some would imagine. It requires great customer service skills due to the interactions with customers. Although it can be very demanding it is also very rewarding. The benefits are stellar and retirement options are top-notch.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hiring process sucks. Definitely nepotism sister brother cousin uncle mom dad as long as your related to and employee and favorited by management etc
Pro érvek
Paid for barely working, cigarettes breaks when u bathroom toowant
Alot
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful job no time for family or friends will work you like a dog and won’t care. Working here brings a lot of money but there is cost to it. Not worth it
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been working for this business for 3 years started off as a casual and worked my way up to a regular federal employee. The reason I chose to leave is because of all of the drama and favoritism that takes place within this organization. You are purposely not trained on how to do your job in the event you no longer want to be a "Yes Man". The knowledge of the paperwork can be used against you. The union also works with management to deceive the employee. 99% of the staff is completely cunning and witty. If you are okay with click mentality then you will survive in this environment. The employees who have been there for a long time typically get their way with management lying/covering for them. When one walks in the building you are not aware of how the organization functions. As a result newer employees get taken advantage of. The MDOs allow people to be on the clock for hours and not work at all. The plant manager is only aware of what the management staff tells them. I never seen any evidence that he investigated Management on their complaints on particular employees. Or even management itself. The union spreads every employee's personal business nothing is private. They will never provide you with the local memorandum. Which informs the employee of the local laws. National of course. If you were provided with the local memorandum, then you'll learn of how you're being taken advantage of. The union also steals money. It's just an awful hostile work environment. All of the employees who have been there for a long time favorite thing to say is that is not my job. Now that - több...
Pay, Benefits
Hours, Stressful, Favoritism, Unorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will be overworked at this job and will probably not have much time for anything else to do in your life until you become a regular mail carrier. Becoming regular can take years.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Thank you indeed for helping me find a job at USPS. It’s good place to work that comes with great benefits. I worked the night shift which I wasn’t use to working at nights but overall everything was fine
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible place to work but good pay. If you want a livable income with no personal life and severe body deterioration on a short period of time this is the perfect job for you
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like to walk and vape during my breaks. I had an odd sense of being watched. It turned out my manager was watching me and said my behavior was “weird” because people don’t walk around there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long hours, good pay, no work to life balance. High stress job with very tight deadlines. Poor management and you don’t feel appreciated as an employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long hours Some employees not held responsible for their work Volume of mail arrives sometimes to late for timely processing to meet dispatch times Technology sometimes lags behind.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Briefed by supervisor on safety and previous days work assessment. Emphasize when, where, who, what and time-line reporting back to operations at the end of the day. This is based off of daily computed data. No two routes are the same based on volume. Your peers will become like family, due to the amount of time and hours spent at the post office. Most enjoyable part is meeting and communicating with customers. Seeing that smile when arriving to there door or mail box.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at a USPS plant. It’s easy work but overtime it becomes mentally draining. They have morning shifts but it’s almost impossible to land one of their morning shifts because EVERYONE wants a morning shift..so most employees work over night shifts. I worked 9pm-530am. You have no night life outside of work including weekends. You end up sleeping all day and you feel exhausted no matter how much sleep you get.. I always eat healthy, homemade meals but I ate so much fast food when I worked here because I had no energy to do anything. My apartment was always a mess too. My coworkers would say the same things. They didn’t have any energy outside of work. No time for family or friends. They work you every holiday including Christmas. You are not human to them but pretty much a machine. I went into a deep depression and I was always in a bad mood.. The checks were great but I never got to enjoy the money I made. I never had time to do anything outside of work. I was a seasonal employee, they offered me a permanent job but I declined the offer. Money is good but not worth the mental toll it takes. Even after I quit, I was still exhausted and mentally drained for WEEKS. I’d wake up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. I’d fall asleep at odd times like at 5pm and I would sleep for hours. It took awhile for me to feel “normal” again. Most employees who have been here for years look so miserable. I had one coworker who has been with USPS for 26 years and she was always in a bad mood, she was impatient, she dressed in dirty clothing with holes. I’m sure she makes good money - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job can be terrible or very enjoyable depending on the people you work with and how you approach it. I was fortunate to work with good folks! I guess that could apply anywhere though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Plan on having to ask many questions to understand what you have to do. Company orientation good, but no job specific orientation at all. Great Union support, you should definitely be a Union member.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed working there. I was on the MPI team going around the country refreshing USPS network infrastructure. I enjoyed the time that I spend there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
All the care about is the mail, so don't come here if you're looking for someone to care about you, because moving the mail is the only thing USPS cares about. You can drop dead on the work room floor & there won't even be a moment of silence for you! On the other hand the benefits are great & the pay is pretty good if you don't have a degree
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the post office as a Supervisor in Raleigh is stressful job with constant need to insure carriers are doing the correct things, doing redundant tasks, data input to several programs through out the day, insuring every mail piece and parcel is delivered everyday, and monitoring carrier activities both in the office and on the street. Managing workflow and maximizing a carriers time to be as productive as possible is a great focus with many directives and initiatives from upper management with very little reward whether monetary or verbally, although critical conversations are abundant from both upper management and employees under you. Mail not coming when it is supposed to, not having enough employees to cover all the routes, not enough vehicles for every route and express mail and packages arriving late are just some of the issues to tackle daily. The work for a supervisor seems never ending and a good day is a day where there were only a few number of call outs, no vehicle accidents and all carriers made it back when they were supposed to. Normal days do not happen very often. It is a challenging environment and many would be supervisors have quit, moved back to craft work or have been terminated for failing to meet the extremely high expectations of upper management. It is a job where after doing it for years doesn't mean the job gets easier as in other occupations, but instead you are expected to perform more duties and in less time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for the post office. Money was great and plenty of overtime available. The work was physically demanding, but easy. I met some really awesome people. Great experience, management is a possibility for everyone as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you have no life it's the perfect job for you. 6 days a week for years as a non career employee. Work every holiday and every weekend 10-14 hrs. Modern day slavery
Pro érvek
The pay but you work hard for it
No benefits and no life 4 days off a month
Munkahelyi kultúra
Get To work get all mail and parcels to get ready for the day of work, Also you have a certain time frame to have all mail done, the hardest part about the work is mostly the climate
Your Working Independent
Short Break
Munkahelyi kultúra
A manual labor job which allows you to display your professionalism, your verbal skills and work ethics. If you enjoy working with people on a daily basis, this is a great place to start.