United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Providence, RI

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Providence, RI49 értékelés
49 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 275 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall not a great place to work. Bad environment for employees. Bad supervisors and Managers. Some aspects of work very robotic in nature, not much room for promotions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoy work for the post office, easier job ever, some coworkers are nice and helpful, some are ignorant and miserable, benefits are really good but no overtime letting you take home $1200 every two weeks.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job, hopefully it will be here at least for 10yrs, New employees have a pay me now attitude.
Work habits are different. To much cell phone use.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to intern. Learned a lot from the individuals around me and those with whom I met. If you are interested in the Postal Inspection Service definitely reach out and try to recieve an internship it will be worth it.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Go in and do the work you are assigned. Work at you own pace and no reprimand for slow work. Good pay and benefits in the job. Once you become a career employee it is hard to lose your job.
good pay and benefits.
Kontra érvek
promotions can only happen when someone leaves or retires.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Secure position with good benefits. Possibility for advancement is good, especially if you want to join ranks of management after becoming a regular employee.
good pay
loud work place
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked 7 years there. Pay and benefits are good but it is a job for the mindless who can not figure out what better to do with their lives. Go to college instead
Munkahelyi kultúra
I lost my job of 22 years because the company I worked for went out of business. I tried the Post Office as a City Carrier Assistant. There was no schedule, day to day and had to work Amazon Sundays. I hated the fact that I couldn't plan anything because I did not know when I would be working or not working. Because of this, turnover is very high, even career employees told me that they can't keep new help. I think the potential is there to be a great career opportunity and it is a little better if you do get career. I think if they just treat the new help a little better, have a schedule, they wouldn't have to waste all of that money training new people all of the time.
ok pay.
Kontra érvek
no schedule for new employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Can be short staffed, management plays favorites, allows employees to act unprofessionally ( an employee in my office is constantly singing at the top of their lungs when not on the window, despite customers complaining about it )
Pro érvek
Pay, benefits, interacting with customers, friendly co workers
Kontra érvek
Standing most of the time, lifting heavy parcels
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I started it was dominated by men. Over the years that subsided but still prevalent. It had been a great job for me and my family with the ability to work different hours as needed. The expectations are ridiculous and I would love to see some of the upper management try to accomplish what they expect of the aging workforce. I know there are worse jobs and if I had to do it over again I would but I wouldn’t recommend someone start out there now.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Expectations
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is to be very productive, busy and working at a fast pace to sort and push the mail to be distributed. Each day has a new experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As soon as you clock in you do a vehicle check, load your vehicle with mail and go. Management is very negative and they do not make the job fun at all. Being exposed to harsh weather for long periods of time is much different from dealing with it when you go to your car and get to work, in this case... the work is in the weather. It is difficult to find things to protect you from rain soaking through all layers of clothing. I would stay at USPS if the attitude from management was more upbeat and rewarding. Negative psychology is not what I like to find in my work atmosphere personally.
Decent pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lazy full time permanent workers...when your seasonal they all take advantage of you and make you do their work...the work is physical and heavy and hard. The training period is long... but the new seasonal workers that you are hired with are very cool, and you make friends immediately because you are all equal going into it.
MEETING NEW PEOPLE
EXHAUSTING PHYSICAL LABOR
Munkahelyi kultúra
The area where I was stationed at had some positively and negativity in the air. We all work together as a team, one would help each other even though its not their station.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Never a sense of accomplishment although your daily tasks have been met for the day. Driving forklifts and tugs to get the mail to the proper area of the facility.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great bunch of people working with you. Horrible management in place, reason being ...its not privately owned and operated.

Retired from the USPS
Pro érvek
Great pay, job security, benefits and co workers
Kontra érvek
The system is contaminated!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work fast paced job with good benefits . Great job that is out doors you work on your own doing your route. If you like the outdoors and can handle the different weather conditions be a mailman.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company in general. Well paid job however not my dream job. Not a difficult or hard job to do but it is 6 days a week. One of the things I like about this place is that is a federal job. I dislike that it is very physical for my self.
Pro érvek
3 breaks if you work an 8 hours shift.
Kontra érvek
No benefits for the first 3 years.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the post office it's not that difficult, you do work standing up, but you don't actually work to hard, the machines we work on does mostly of the hard work which is separating all that mail you just have to put it away in it's proper place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was lots of busy I enjoyed with employees, managers and supervisor. There request to meet every time due with incoming and outgoing. I learning lot of their workplace to meeting everyone.
no free lunches
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job it's good they have different shifts and kind of job because they do different jobs in the machines the environment it's safe they give you a training to operate machines and the safety training