United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
103 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 704 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was very unorganized The work was great but there wasn't any training. Pay was low and not a friendly place to work. The benefits were poor and the work load was very intense
Munkahelyi kultúra
I terminated my employment so I could relocate to Arizona. If I had tried to transfer it would of taken me several years. The people I worked with where great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked as a Casual Holiday worker. Very Physical , Long hours and night work. USPS is unfortunately a large company with a problem of ineffiency and a culture that feels very impersonal. Most notably the huge disparity between workers and supervisors.(Too many chiefs not enough Indians) Way to many supervisors, many who stand around watching not a lot of good examples. There are the good examples that make it worth it.
Overtime
Kontra érvek
night work, poor effiency, poor use of labor available
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job sounds great at first, until you realize that you rarely get days off. And unless you are an olympic athlete or favored by management will not make it to regular. I worked 40 days in a row without a day off. And when i finally started getting days off they wanted me to call in the morning to see if i was needed. Absolutely not worth the pay or possible benefits down the road. If you can find any other job that clears $14 an hour with benefits i would take it over usps. But that's just me.
Pro érvek
On your own most of the time.
Kontra érvek
No time off. Unreasonable demands.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I very much enjoyed working as a letter carrier at the post office. Had my career not been cut short by physical problems, I would still be there today. I loved this job.
Keeps you in shape
Kontra érvek
maybe a little overworked trying to get the mail out
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is very hard. Managers fire people on their whim. Most managers do not have any education behind them and are given to hostile tactics to get their employees to perform faster. While they can not fire the regular employees without a really good reason, they will spend their day making them as misserable as possible until they quit. The job is very dangerous and many of the employees have work injuries or chronic issues related to the physical requirements of the job, or the fact that most postal employees work the graveyard and do not see the light of day. Depression is pretty common.
good benefits
Kontra érvek
injuries, bad management, dirty work enviroment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time with the Postal Service as pay and benefits are very good. I now have a pension with 34 years worked (retired). The two tough things at times are the bad weather, hot or cold to work outside in and sometimes you get supervisors and managers that lose their humanity and manage with a very heavy hand coming down on you when you make a mistake. You need to stay very upbeat in this job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work isn't too bad. You really have to come in mentally and physically prepared every day that you work. If, not then the job can be very challenging. I've learned plenty from this job. I've learned nothing comes easy and that you have to stay consistent and work hard for what you want.This is far from a perfect job. The co-workers are great! You will build mostly positive relationship with your co-workers. The hardest part about the job is that you are required to work your best everyday and that can be physically and mentally draining. The most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with others.
Benefits, Education Assistance, Union
Short Breaks, Overtime required
Munkahelyi kultúra
i like the company they are very equal what nationality where you from.
good benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Promoting from within into high level management positions has killed the USPS. They think the people who got them into the financial mess that they are in are somehow going to get them out of it, (naïve or plain stupid). Need to axe 2/3 of the management and 1/3 of the dead wood clerks who don't care if they case 2 feet of mail per shift or 20 feet (and management doesn't care). They'll just make the other two thirds who actually work make up for the slack. Real fair system you got going there. No wonder half of the employees are on anti depressants or anti anxiety meds. The carriers work their butts off.
Pro érvek
pay, okay benefits but not great
Kontra érvek
Horrific management decisions, paranoid supervisors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a CCA you are expected to be on-call EVERY day and you generally work EVERY day, including Sundays. At the end of each work day you are so tired you can't really do anything at all. At first you have extra energy, but then after 5 days you're ready for a day off. BUT, you don't get one. On nice days and when you get a route you've been on before, it will seem relatively easy. But then it rains. And you get a bundle full of ads that fall apart and won't fit in the tiny slots and you can't find the mail boxes and vicious dogs bark at you and the mail gets so wet it falls apart in your hand and you just want to break down and cry and then it gets dark and you can't see and you come back to the station and they tell you you aren't fast enough. Shall I continue? Don't make any plans to do anything but work. You will make boatloads of money, but you will work your tail off for it. Have no expectations and pretend you love what you are doing otherwise it will get you down and you won't make it. If you can last a year...that's a long time...you may get on as a regular and then you'll have days off and life will get easier. But forget about it if you're older and if you have family and a life because you won't be able to do anything...like go shopping for food and cleaning your room...unless you are a super hero. Good luck!
Pay, exercise
Over-worked, under-appreciated
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work would include a morning phone call telling me where and when I will be working. It could be at any Post Office in the Portland District. I could start between 7am and 11am. The offices are poorly managed as they can not even get a regular schedule together for their CCA's. The hardest part of this job is working 7 days a week with part time hours. A usual day would be 6-7 hours with Sundays being the exception taking around 4-6 hours.
Decent pay, easy work.
Kontra érvek
Terrible organization, no consistent schedule, no days off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sort and distribute mail to go out for delivery, enter correct mail sorting program in computer in order to sort and process mail correctly, with great understanding when using the Flat Sorter program, Automation programs, and manual sorting accurately. Pay very close attention to details while working in a fast paced environment with no errors, completing tasks in timely fashion.
Fast paced
Unreliable work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
My career spanned over thirty years, therefore I worked on various shifts. My responsibility started with the set up of the manual flats (large envelops) sections. The staging of mail to be process was accomplished next. After the mail was process (sorted) to it's proper zones (zip codes), the mail was collected and distribute to the dispatching gate for that zone on schedule. Management was great at allowing me to make decisions that increase the effectiveness of the unit. Many of my co-workers shared in this culture that management saw as a plus to the service. There was no part of my job that was hard, the difficulty came about when I had to conduct my Union Steward responsibilities. This was due largely do to the fact, that in certain situations you can't please everyone. There was time when Management didn't understand/agree and times when co-workers were in the same situation. Overall the enjoyable times occurred at the end the day, when I felt I had done an honest days work for a days pay in all aspects of my positions.
Great benefits
Kontra érvek
The various shifts that one has to work on.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work of most a handler is physically demanding due to weight of mail that must be moved. Here are some other conditions I would encounter in job management training help me be sufficiently . Responsibilities in mail handle mail clerk. my co-worker I work with we all work to getter as a team work and had good understanding in job assignment .The hardest part lift 80 pound sacks 15 feet- one time and loading them on a hand truck. mail clerk like about is sorting incoming mail outgoing mail. mail handle like about transporting mail to sort and processing center.
yes it was free lunch
yes it was short break
Munkahelyi kultúra
this company was terrible to work for. the management could care less about saving money or resources, all they cared about was getting the job done for the day. I watched some much time wasted and resources lost. also the company could care less about making a profit.
Pro érvek
the title of working for the postal service
Kontra érvek
treatment of workers awful, waste of resources, no future
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting mail to place them in right spot Typing zip code on mail
Munkahelyi kultúra
Start off unloading trucks organize mail for airport and trucks load and finish my deadline
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked as a clerk in the warehouse in support of mail sorting and shipping activities,
Munkahelyi kultúra
Try to avoid working for the Post office if you value your social life/ personal relationships / free time.
22.15 an hour aint bad!
Kontra érvek
Work 6 days a week for 6 months and see if you dont want to quit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A usual day includes seperation of mail, always adjusting to new ways of doing things as more technology comes into the work place, co-workers for the most part at many facilities are nice to work with. There really isn't a hard part of the job as it is easy to get along with everyone you work with and as long as your working productively and effeciently there are never any problems.
Pro érvek
great pay for what you do
Kontra érvek
no benifits for temporary positions