United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

96 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 507 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and focus your work
Postal Sorter (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2015, január 7.
i like the company they are very equal what nationality where you from.
good benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay, management is stuck in the 1950's. Good old boys club.
Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2014, december 12.
Promoting from within into high level management positions has killed the USPS. They think the people who got them into the financial mess that they are in are somehow going to get them out of it, (naïve or plain stupid). Need to axe 2/3 of the management and 1/3 of the dead wood clerks who don't care if they case 2 feet of mail per shift or 20 feet (and management doesn't care). They'll just make the other two thirds who actually work make up for the slack. Real fair system you got going there. No wonder half of the employees are on anti depressants or anti anxiety meds. The carriers work their butts off.
Pro érvek
pay, okay benefits but not great
Kontra érvek
Horrific management decisions, paranoid supervisors.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 31Nem 7Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you're 20 and have nothing else to do, go for it!
CCA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland OR2014, december 11.
As a CCA you are expected to be on-call EVERY day and you generally work EVERY day, including Sundays. At the end of each work day you are so tired you can't really do anything at all. At first you have extra energy, but then after 5 days you're ready for a day off. BUT, you don't get one. On nice days and when you get a route you've been on before, it will seem relatively easy. But then it rains. And you get a bundle full of ads that fall apart and won't fit in the tiny slots and you can't find the mail boxes and vicious dogs bark at you and the mail gets so wet it falls apart in your hand and you just want to break down and cry and then it gets dark and you can't see and you come back to the station and they tell you you aren't fast enough. Shall I continue?

Don't make any plans to do anything but work. You will make boatloads of money, but you will work your tail off for it. Have no expectations and pretend you love what you are doing otherwise it will get you down and you won't make it. If you can last a year...that's a long time...you may get on as a regular and then you'll have days off and life will get easier. But forget about it if you're older and if you have family and a life because you won't be able to do anything...like go shopping for food and cleaning your room...unless you are a super hero. Good luck!
Pay, exercise
Over-worked, under-appreciated
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 55Nem 5Jelentés
Unorganized and Hectic
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2014, november 13.
A typical day at work would include a morning phone call telling me where and when I will be working. It could be at any Post Office in the Portland District. I could start between 7am and 11am. The offices are poorly managed as they can not even get a regular schedule together for their CCA's. The hardest part of this job is working 7 days a week with part time hours. A usual day would be 6-7 hours with Sundays being the exception taking around 4-6 hours.
Decent pay, easy work.
Kontra érvek
Terrible organization, no consistent schedule, no days off.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 25Nem 1Jelentés
Mail Processing Clerk
Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2014, október 10.
Sort and distribute mail to go out for delivery, enter correct mail sorting program in computer in order to sort and process mail correctly, with great understanding when using the Flat Sorter program, Automation programs, and manual sorting accurately. Pay very close attention to details while working in a fast paced environment with no errors, completing tasks in timely fashion.
Fast paced
Unreliable work hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 5Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my career at the USPS, the organization delivered a first class product to it's customers at a great value.
Clerk/Union Steward (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2014, július 19.
My career spanned over thirty years, therefore I worked on various shifts. My responsibility started with the set up of the manual flats (large envelops) sections. The staging of mail to be process was accomplished next. After the mail was process (sorted) to it's proper zones (zip codes), the mail was collected and distribute to the dispatching gate for that zone on schedule.

Management was great at allowing me to make decisions that increase the effectiveness of the unit. Many of my co-workers shared in this culture that management saw as a plus to the service.

There was no part of my job that was hard, the difficulty came about when I had to conduct my Union Steward responsibilities. This was due largely do to the fact, that in certain situations you can't please everyone. There was time when Management didn't understand/agree and times when co-workers were in the same situation. Overall the enjoyable times occurred at the end the day, when I felt I had done an honest days work for a days pay in all aspects of my positions.
Great benefits
Kontra érvek
The various shifts that one has to work on.
Munkahelyi kultúra
i joy your help thank u very much
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2013, november 1.
The work of most a handler is physically demanding due to weight of mail that must be moved. Here are some other conditions I would encounter in job management training help me be sufficiently .

Responsibilities in mail handle mail clerk. my co-worker I work with we all work to getter as a team work and had good understanding
in job assignment .The hardest part lift 80 pound sacks 15 feet- one time and loading them on a hand truck.
mail clerk like about is sorting incoming mail outgoing mail.
mail handle like about transporting mail to sort and processing center.
yes it was free lunch
yes it was short break
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company doesn't care about anything but getting the job done
PSE Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2013, október 21.
this company was terrible to work for. the management could care less about saving money or resources, all they cared about was getting the job done for the day. I watched some much time wasted and resources lost. also the company could care less about making a profit.
Pro érvek
the title of working for the postal service
Kontra érvek
treatment of workers awful, waste of resources, no future
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 2Jelentés
Mail Clerk
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2013, október 18.
Sorting mail to place them in right spot
Typing zip code on mail
Mail Handler
Mail Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2013, október 10.
Start off unloading trucks
organize mail for airport and trucks
load and finish my deadline
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like that job for my time in school
Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, Or2013, augusztus 3.
Worked as a clerk in the warehouse in support of mail sorting and shipping activities,
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dramatic Highschool work place.
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2013, május 3.
Try to avoid working for the Post office if you value your social life/ personal relationships / free time.
22.15 an hour aint bad!
Kontra érvek
Work 6 days a week for 6 months and see if you dont want to quit.
Easy job for the pay
PSE Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2013, március 13.
A usual day includes seperation of mail, always adjusting to new ways of doing things as more technology comes into the work place, co-workers for the most part at many facilities are nice to work with. There really isn't a hard part of the job as it is easy to get along with everyone you work with and as long as your working productively and effeciently there are never any problems.
Pro érvek
great pay for what you do
Kontra érvek
no benifits for temporary positions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and a wonderful place to work
Mailhandler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2012, július 26.
The USPS work environment is really fast paced and you an amazing work out
fun
Kontra érvek
it was only seasonal employment
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unionized mgmt. rewards the immoral,dishonest,unethical types
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2012, július 20.
THE case for no government unions. Honest people are stabbed in the back by the unions both at the craft level and in mgmt. Pro Marxist all the way. Lots of hate filled people feeling sorry for themselves.
Pro érvek
still trying to think of some...good pay?...lots of vacation time
Kontra érvek
rotating days off screws family life, good health plans are dropped regularly
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés

Tekintsen meg United States Postal Service további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van