United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
103 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 704 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was very unorganized The work was great but there wasn't any training. Pay was low and not a friendly place to work. The benefits were poor and the work load was very intense
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work, great atmosphere the people are very nice and humble being that they have to sit at a mail processing machine for more then 9 hours a day.
great pay
Kontra érvek
standing still for a long time
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's very fast paced which would be fine if they didn't scold you as soon as you start for not keeping up. They don't give you much time to get used to the routine before they start writing you up. Often unsafe even with all the training you have to go through.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Be ready to work, long hours, decent pay and once your a career employee benefits are good. You ll need to work as a contract worker for at least 2 years..
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
On a daily basis I would put mail into their cubby whole that had the persons name on the mail that needed to be placed in their mail slots. I would also check each mail to see if they are in the right mail place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a PSE is a very physical job. Lots of lifting and moving of heavy objects. Most of the time there are plenty of hours in a plant facility and you are likely to come close to or exceed 40 hours a week. However, the effort put into keeping your job there will leave little time for anything but work or sleep. In a plant facility you will likely work swing or graveyard shifts. Your start time should hopefully stay consistent but you can work anywhere from 2-12 hours in a day and you won't know how long you will be there until a supervisor shows up and either tells you to go home at or before 8 hours or tells you it will be 10-12. Some management had a decent head on their shoulders while others seemed to struggled to understand basic concepts, like how the machines functioned. If you don't put your foot down about how to be treated though management will abuse your flexibility and grind you into dust and make the place feel like an awful to be. Overall, the job itself is pretty easy and you can listen to music, podcasts, or books through headphones while you work. If you have young children at home I do not recommend this position.
Good Pay
Kontra érvek
While a PSE there is not much time for anything but work and sleep
Munkahelyi kultúra
They don't explain the hours or location much during the interview. tell you they are flexible only to find out that you are hired for 7 12hr shifts. Great if you want money but not great if you go to school full time too.
money and ot
disorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
Here we go again, indeed.com would like for me to fill out this portion of the remaining part to finish the resume to put on line. So I am writing to say great exercise and a lot of leg work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job was during the holiday where they needed extra help for the busiest time of the year. The hours were always inconsistent. The hardest part was standing for the whole shift period. I would probably never work as a mail handler there again.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in united states post office in night shift Christmas holiday season the working atmosphere was clean and good . I was a hard worker , working as a team in a fast pace it was enjoyable work and I have a positive attitude with all my co worker.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent company to work for. Nice opportunities in order to grow inside this company. A lot of job opportunities available. I do recommend to work for this company
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is an excellent place to go to retire. I thought I'd only work a couple of years, maybe five, and I ended up retiring after 23 as a supervisor.
pay, benefits
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learned how scanned packages and made deliveries. Rode in company vehicle with employees to navigate routes. Punctual and a quick learner that is flexible.
work
seasonal
Munkahelyi kultúra
No me gusta el mal tiempo afuera se trsbaja mucho no descanso no tiempo con tu familia no tienes vida propia
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management that is hard on carriers, never happy with your work, and constantly pressuring employees. The hours, and days are long. You have to accept the fact that you will be drained physically at the end of every shift.
Government pay, and benefits
Kontra érvek
Long hours, impossible management with unrealistic expectations
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work; very quick paced; easy going; fun environment to work and meet new people. Very good at communication............................/..
Quick paced
No flexibility with schedules
Munkahelyi kultúra
I hated working as a city carrier, all they care about it how fast you can walk and deliver the mail. They don't care about whether or not their employees are busting the rear end to get the mail done, or whether or not they get hurt or need to eat. I loved working as a PSE however, don't do your job to well or pick up the slack of the regular employees or they will file a complaint with a supervisor and get you fired like they did to me
decent money
Kontra érvek
Lousy company and employees and hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
7 years of enthusiastic work were the most of all the outdoor, challenging work equal the mental drainage of the place. Great customers and difficult, unprofessional management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like the job , was new experience for me , but just was temporarily job , they hire me for the season, nice environment, good quality of the people who work there, work in team
good benefits
temporarily job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clocked in and heard passdown from previous tour. Received work schedule and proceeded to machines. Would then do daily, weekly, or monthly items on schedule.After completing that would assist with any brokedown equuipment.
Good work enviroment
losing some benifits
Munkahelyi kultúra
A day would consist of not knowing what you are going to get into that day. Only in the morning as you walk in you will find out your work load and how much can you take and how much can you leave behind even tho you don't know if tomorrow is going to be lite or even heavier to add to. The management helps by assigning assistance to the carriers who might need it (there is only a certain number of helpers, so not everyone will get help), yet at the same time needs to makes sure everyone takes all what they can take.
Good Benefits
Kontra érvek
no breaks, sometimes no lunch