United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

96 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 449 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
productive
Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2018, január 10.
fast pace working environment

great pay rate

easy to locate facility whether you or on public transportation or driving.

easy to learn how to perform using machines.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Similar to a prison camp
Automation Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, december 27.
Managers do not know how to manage. Scare tactics are common practice at the postal service, some managers even take pride in humiliation and public berating. There truly exists no reason for their overzealous micromanagement, it breeds resentment among the labor ranks yet there is never any oversight for managerial actions. Not everyone is terrible of course but everyone answers to someone and the greatest motivation for every manager is to simply satisfy the cries of their direct superior. If they do not do some internal soul searching through a consulting firm or something of the like then the place deserves to fold.
Going Home
Going to work.
2,0
long days
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, december 6.
they never know anything about your schedules or what days you work. they may also have you work 6-7 days a week working 12 hour shifts. other then that its an ok job with great pay.
pay
shift
Union Job
Package Handler and sorter (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, november 30.
Its a great place to work if you can handle the stress and being a number to the company. Being a union job, your job is not protected accounting if someone has been there years they have seniority over you. they do not pay you what you deserve for how hard the job is on your body and you end up paying union fees for the union to not really protect you. The FMLA process is extremely hard. If your a female employee you are a minority in this job. it is a male dominated job. Management is a mess. they will make a manager out of anyone.
Pro érvek
they cook for you sometimes
to many
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Tough Place to Work
City Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, november 30.
There is a lot to be said about this company. They do have some strong points but ultimately if you are ambitious, go somewhere else. They don't treat people well, neither employees or customers. You work a lot of hours, so the pay is alright but only due to the tons of OT pay. There is a lot of internal fighting between management and carriers. Screaming and threatening type of fighting. Even had management call the police on a carrier. I have tons of stories and was only there 2.5 years. Everyone blames everyone and nothing ever gets fixed. Decades of problems are stacked on top of each other and no one seems empowered to actually make a difference. The upper management team, who seems to be the only ones allowed make decisions, just blame the people below them and nothing gets resolved. I initially planned to work my way up the ladder and have a long career there but was turned off by the way the company here in town is run. I hear not every district is this bad. That, with the insane population growth in Portland, made it a very tough job when it really shouldn't be. BUT if you are looking for job security and relatively low responsibility, don't mind have split days off and don't mind working 60 hours+ during the Christmas season, it can be a solid career. The best part is once you make regular, you will never have to look for a job ever again. The culture between the carriers is amazing. The union rocks. I loved my coworkers and that was something that kept me there for as long as I was. This job is not for everyone but it can be a great opportunity  több... for some. Just keep your head down and ignore the drama.  kevesebb
Job Security
Kontra érvek
Angry Management. They are only looking to survive, not looking to improve.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Driving for the U.S Postal Service was fast paced and driving over mountain passes during winter was very demanding
CDL Class A Driver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, november 29.
I really enjoyed working for the Postal Service. Very fast paced and driving over the mountain passes could be a little nerve wracking at times. The pay was good and I always had very good equipment to operate, tractors were never over two years old. I would say the biggest downfall was driving on ice and snow with very light loads 10,000 or less pounds so traction was a issue at times.
Great pay
Kontra érvek
winter driving over passes could be very stressful at times
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
High stress job but good benefits
mail carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, november 24.
There is a lot of work to be done at the Post Office and it has to be done no matter how many people show up for work everyday. This can cause it to be a rather high stress job with long hours.
Pro érvek
Paid time off, sick leave
short breaks, strenuous work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
1,0
Terrible place to work.
Mail Handler and Relief Pit Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, november 24.
Unions are terrible. Management is terrible. Coworkers treated each other terribly and get away with it. Work place harassment is common practice and the unions to very little with coworker disputes. There is an actual caste system between career employees and temporary workers. Once I become career people who never even spoke with me were suddenly nice and friendly. It was an extremely odd experience, I was still the same person, but suddenly I was one of the "popular kids". I never worked at a place with lazier people, career employees constantly got away with doing no work for hours on end. The supposed benefits do not out way how terrible and hostile the work environment is here. Honestly after working there for two years I don't know how people get their mail.
nothing
everything
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 1Jelentés
Its rough
City Carrier (CCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, október 1.
A good career choice if you don't have anything going on for the next year or two. Will work so much you wont have time to spend all the money your making. Not very organized place to work its in constant chaos.
Lots of overtime
Lots of overtime
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Those who gave the training were good people and helpful.
Mail Handler & PSE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, szeptember 27.
They were supervisors who were real pain in the nuts that need some humanitarian crash training.
The teams and floor workers I worked with were great people and made me feel like a team player.
My supervisor as a Mail Handler was a great woman.She made you feel needed to work.
There were two male supervisors who probably had mental issues which make me wonder why do they continue to employ low decent individuals such as these jerks I had to deal with for a short time.
Overall, I learned a great experience and learned more added skills to my working abilities.
Pro érvek
I worked with some good people "who do the work folks."
Kontra érvek
They need to remove some of the over 10-20 yrs scum employers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Job security for life!
PTR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, augusztus 15.
I work at the GMF in Portland Oregon. Its a very productive , active environment. For anyone that has a strong work ethic and is serious about working as part of a collaborative to a successful end, its a very rewarding place to work. In a time when companies are cutting employees pay and benefits, the Postal Service continues to provide the best in both respects. Moreover, one is allowed to increase one's pay by working overtime instead of being subjected to living on a stagnant salary . Thos again is in a time where most companies are eliminating overtime and even regular work hours. I know so many people who have degrees and earn at least 30,000 less than i do and i have only been with the Postal service for 12 years!. My recommendation is that if one has the opportunity to work for the Postal Service, do it!. It will be the very best decision you ever make!!!
Pro érvek
productive collaborative work environment with unlimited income earning potential.
Kontra érvek
can be stressful like any other job in a successful organization.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
a typical day
CCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, augusztus 4.
A typical day at the post office is very busy there is a lot of things that need to be done before leavening on your round you stay very busy a lot of people think its easy but its not ,but if you enjoy very fast paste you would enjoy working here
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13Nem 3Jelentés
for workplace
USPS (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, július 27.
great place to work, great atmosphere the people are very nice and humble being that they have to sit at a mail processing machine for more then 9 hours a day.
great pay
Kontra érvek
standing still for a long time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wasn't the best place to work
Loader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, július 17.
It's very fast paced which would be fine if they didn't scold you as soon as you start for not keeping up. They don't give you much time to get used to the routine before they start writing you up. Often unsafe even with all the training you have to go through.
postal career
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, július 6.
Be ready to work, long hours, decent pay and once your a career employee benefits are good. You ll need to work as a contract worker for at least 2 years..
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
working here is a fun challenge
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, június 21.
On a daily basis I would put mail into their cubby whole that had the persons name on the mail that needed to be placed in their mail slots. I would also check each mail to see if they are in the right mail place.
Good Pay but no Work/Life Balance
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, május 21.
Being a PSE is a very physical job. Lots of lifting and moving of heavy objects. Most of the time there are plenty of hours in a plant facility and you are likely to come close to or exceed 40 hours a week. However, the effort put into keeping your job there will leave little time for anything but work or sleep. In a plant facility you will likely work swing or graveyard shifts. Your start time should hopefully stay consistent but you can work anywhere from 2-12 hours in a day and you won't know how long you will be there until a supervisor shows up and either tells you to go home at or before 8 hours or tells you it will be 10-12. Some management had a decent head on their shoulders while others seemed to struggled to understand basic concepts, like how the machines functioned. If you don't put your foot down about how to be treated though management will abuse your flexibility and grind you into dust and make the place feel like an awful to be. Overall, the job itself is pretty easy and you can listen to music, podcasts, or books through headphones while you work. If you have young children at home I do not recommend this position.
Good Pay
Kontra érvek
While a PSE there is not much time for anything but work and sleep
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Ok job for what it was
Seasonal Casual Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, április 28.
They don't explain the hours or location much during the interview. tell you they are flexible only to find out that you are hired for 7 12hr shifts. Great if you want money but not great if you go to school full time too.
money and ot
disorganized
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Good secure job
Postal LetterCarrier/Collections Driver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2017, április 21.
Here we go again, indeed.com would like for me to fill out this portion of the remaining part to finish the resume to put on line. So I am writing to say great exercise and a lot of leg work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Okay
Lead PSE Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR 972082017, április 14.
Only work for the post office if you're fulltime. If you are a casual is it not worth it. You work harder, longer, with less pay and no full benefits. You do 4 times more work than the fulltime and the full time employees get whatever they way. Not a fair job at all.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van