United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
103 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 731 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was very unorganized The work was great but there wasn't any training. Pay was low and not a friendly place to work. The benefits were poor and the work load was very intense
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS is a good place to work but it's very stressful. You will work at night and your shift will change often until you are converted. It takes lots of patience to finish the beginning stages of your training. It took me 2.5 years. Now that I am a permanent employee, I am still burnt out because of the physical labor and the night time, early morning hours. It's a good job compared to a lot of other places!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Started out as a PSE, working flexible hours. You will have little to no outside free time outside of work. Work 8 to 12 hour days, 6 days a week. If you're lucky, you may get 2 days but it's not gauranteed. Management could be better in some places. It's great pay though, ideal for someone without many responsibilities.
Pro érvek
I liked that lunch was an additional 30min, so 8 hrs and 30min day. Meet lots of people
Kontra érvek
Customer service, sometimes sticklers with breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would never send anyone to look for work here, management is lacking, work environment is stressful,not all rules apply to all whom work there, harassment from management is unnecessary to good workers.
got nothing
too many
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a seasonal employee at the Postal Annex we sorted a ridiculous quantity of parcels, packages and envelopes by zip code... by hand. This was the holiday overflow. It took me a while to get up to speed because it was constant movement, but it was good solid work at my own pace. I learned, by the end, exactly what my body is capable of. I'm grateful for the short opportunity.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Demanding job but helps push me to perform at my peak. Great benefits and pay. Sometimes the overnight hours can effect schedule/timing of other life activities such as adequate rest and work balance.
Benefits and Pay
Shift Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
This could be a decent job as a holiday temp if you are physically fit, and have NOTHING else going on in your life. Literally my schedule changed 3-4x a week.
pay decent
exhausting
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was very quick paced and very challenging if you are trying to shed a few pounds then this job is for you the management is pretty good nothing to complain about
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laziest group of people I've ever worked with. And the meanest. No one likes their job, from the top down. Management is mostly made up of people who were too horrible in the job as a regular employee, but so protected by the union that firing was impossible. Everything based on seniority obviously. Departments do not work together to get the mail from point A to point B, they actively fight each other and it's all about covering your own behind. You will see dock workers sleeping in their cars, on the clock, with zero repercussion. Drivers will have two and three hour gaps of down time in their schedule with nowhere to be. All on the clock. It's an open secret. Stamps should literally still be 5 cents, but we're all paying for the complete lack of any oversight, a union that protects the worst of the worst and a management team with no ability or desire to correct anything. Run, run away from here. There are a million better opportunities for truck drivers these days.
not a thing.
all of it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast pace working environment great pay rate easy to locate facility whether you or on public transportation or driving. easy to learn how to perform using machines.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managers do not know how to manage. Scare tactics are common practice at the postal service, some managers even take pride in humiliation and public berating. There truly exists no reason for their overzealous micromanagement, it breeds resentment among the labor ranks yet there is never any oversight for managerial actions. Not everyone is terrible of course but everyone answers to someone and the greatest motivation for every manager is to simply satisfy the cries of their direct superior. If they do not do some internal soul searching through a consulting firm or something of the like then the place deserves to fold.
Going Home
Going to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
they never know anything about your schedules or what days you work. they may also have you work 6-7 days a week working 12 hour shifts. other then that its an ok job with great pay.
pay
shift
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a great place to work if you can handle the stress and being a number to the company. Being a union job, your job is not protected accounting if someone has been there years they have seniority over you. they do not pay you what you deserve for how hard the job is on your body and you end up paying union fees for the union to not really protect you. The FMLA process is extremely hard. If your a female employee you are a minority in this job. it is a male dominated job. Management is a mess. they will make a manager out of anyone.
Pro érvek
they cook for you sometimes
to many
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is a lot to be said about this company. They do have some strong points but ultimately if you are ambitious, go somewhere else. They don't treat people well, neither employees or customers. You work a lot of hours, so the pay is alright but only due to the tons of OT pay. There is a lot of internal fighting between management and carriers. Screaming and threatening type of fighting. Even had management call the police on a carrier. I have tons of stories and was only there 2.5 years. Everyone blames everyone and nothing ever gets fixed. Decades of problems are stacked on top of each other and no one seems empowered to actually make a difference. The upper management team, who seems to be the only ones allowed make decisions, just blame the people below them and nothing gets resolved. I initially planned to work my way up the ladder and have a long career there but was turned off by the way the company here in town is run. I hear not every district is this bad. That, with the insane population growth in Portland, made it a very tough job when it really shouldn't be. BUT if you are looking for job security and relatively low responsibility, don't mind have split days off and don't mind working 60 hours+ during the Christmas season, it can be a solid career. The best part is once you make regular, you will never have to look for a job ever again. The culture between the carriers is amazing. The union rocks. I loved my coworkers and that was something that kept me there for as long as I was. This job is not for everyone but it can be a great opportunity - több...
Job Security
Kontra érvek
Angry Management. They are only looking to survive, not looking to improve.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working for the Postal Service. Very fast paced and driving over the mountain passes could be a little nerve wracking at times. The pay was good and I always had very good equipment to operate, tractors were never over two years old. I would say the biggest downfall was driving on ice and snow with very light loads 10,000 or less pounds so traction was a issue at times.
Great pay
Kontra érvek
winter driving over passes could be very stressful at times
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is a lot of work to be done at the Post Office and it has to be done no matter how many people show up for work everyday. This can cause it to be a rather high stress job with long hours.
Pro érvek
Paid time off, sick leave
short breaks, strenuous work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unions are terrible. Management is terrible. Coworkers treated each other terribly and get away with it. Work place harassment is common practice and the unions to very little with coworker disputes. There is an actual caste system between career employees and temporary workers. Once I become career people who never even spoke with me were suddenly nice and friendly. It was an extremely odd experience, I was still the same person, but suddenly I was one of the "popular kids". I never worked at a place with lazier people, career employees constantly got away with doing no work for hours on end. The supposed benefits do not out way how terrible and hostile the work environment is here. Honestly after working there for two years I don't know how people get their mail.
nothing
everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good career choice if you don't have anything going on for the next year or two. Will work so much you wont have time to spend all the money your making. Not very organized place to work its in constant chaos.
Lots of overtime
Lots of overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
They were supervisors who were real pain in the nuts that need some humanitarian crash training. The teams and floor workers I worked with were great people and made me feel like a team player. My supervisor as a Mail Handler was a great woman.She made you feel needed to work. There were two male supervisors who probably had mental issues which make me wonder why do they continue to employ low decent individuals such as these jerks I had to deal with for a short time. Overall, I learned a great experience and learned more added skills to my working abilities.
Pro érvek
I worked with some good people "who do the work folks."
Kontra érvek
They need to remove some of the over 10-20 yrs scum employers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work at the GMF in Portland Oregon. Its a very productive , active environment. For anyone that has a strong work ethic and is serious about working as part of a collaborative to a successful end, its a very rewarding place to work. In a time when companies are cutting employees pay and benefits, the Postal Service continues to provide the best in both respects. Moreover, one is allowed to increase one's pay by working overtime instead of being subjected to living on a stagnant salary . Thos again is in a time where most companies are eliminating overtime and even regular work hours. I know so many people who have degrees and earn at least 30,000 less than i do and i have only been with the Postal service for 12 years!. My recommendation is that if one has the opportunity to work for the Postal Service, do it!. It will be the very best decision you ever make!!!
Pro érvek
productive collaborative work environment with unlimited income earning potential.
Kontra érvek
can be stressful like any other job in a successful organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the post office is very busy there is a lot of things that need to be done before leavening on your round you stay very busy a lot of people think its easy but its not ,but if you enjoy very fast paste you would enjoy working here