United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
103 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 704 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was very unorganized The work was great but there wasn't any training. Pay was low and not a friendly place to work. The benefits were poor and the work load was very intense
Munkahelyi kultúra
I showed up to work and knew exactly, what I was a expected to do and went on with my day. I really enjoyed casing the mail and getting it ready for delivery of the mail. I enjoy the interacting with the public. and customers. Organization Working w/management to get the job done. working and getting along with your peers. Hardest part was I believe was working in the winter, in the snow being able do your safely. just the continuing the service of our mail service
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed the work, though it was temporary, but most of the management teams (depending on the station location) aren't the greatest. There is a lot of physical aspects of the job, and if you don't know what you're doing, you better learn fast, otherwise you'll get yelled at.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working for USPS. It was my career. I really enjoyed working with the public. Working for the Post office really kept me in shape. I would definitely recommend it to others. There are many different positions available besides this. From HR and accounting to the cafeteria. They have it all.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good pay. Very stressful. Interesting culture. Fast pace. Great daily workout. Interesting coworkers. Career job if you can stand the culture and management.
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
This has been the hardest and most stressful 5 years of my life. I wish I would never have gone into management with the post office. I work close to 80 hours a week sometimes and 6-7 days a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work. They built a new shop, there was opportunities to advance. the work was interesting. Training could have been better though for the new hybrid vehicles.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall good paying job and benefits are even better. It's not for everyone but if your willing to put in work and your not lazy than the job is for you. Attendance is a BIG factor working with USPS so don't call out. Coworkers are great, management is just like any other company. You get the good and the bad. But if you just do your job and go home, there's nothing to it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked this job because I was almost always on my own as long as you meet United States Postal Services standards for casing and delivering mail, accurately and fast.
Pro érvek
Nice pay, nice working environment
Kontra érvek
To many chiefs not enough indians.
Munkahelyi kultúra
First of all is that you must have at least sleep well and eat well. This job is more on moving, lifting and sorting mails. Probably, you have to prepare yourself everyday because this job is more on physical tasks.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
More on lifting tasks that makes body aches.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Close attention to detail and patience sorting and Organizing handheld scanner system. Operating heavy machinery loading and unloading able to stand on feet for long periods of time
Munkahelyi kultúra
i was at the post office for almost 4 yrs. while i was there i went from a pse all the way to being a manager. unfortunately every employee is just another number, and there is a line of people behind them to take their place. The union is ok but still lacks any morale for actually helping to the extent that was appropriate for the situation. there is a few good people at usps. management and human resources aren't amongst them. The pay is ok but is still below the poverty line unless you like living paycheck to paycheck. overall i would say stay away.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
The money was great, but it was 6 days a week, and 10 hour days were a short day. It was 15 an hour starting which is great, and the job was just moving mail to buckets or onto a belt.
great pay
Kontra érvek
too long of hours too many days a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
There's a lot to say about being a letter carrier. You're outside all day, pretty independently; there are days where you're really going to love it. There will also be days where you're gritting your teeth just imagining working anywhere else. If you don't mind working somewhere close to 50 hours a week, sometimes 60 when you're new-- well, you'll be just fine. You'll fall sound asleep within 5 minutes of your head hitting the pillow just about every night. Not for everyone, but it has its perks.
Pro érvek
Nice way to stay in shape, an honest living
Kontra érvek
Short lunches, huge time commitment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to start a career. Promote within company. Can relocate to another office or state. Equipment well maintained. Lots of on going training. Good drivers to work with. Had a great supervisor the last six years. Before that , not so good.
Good benefits and retirement
Kontra érvek
Some management very poor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful company, great advancement opportunities. Good coworkers, lots of overtime in the holiday season. Great place to start a career, management was good
Munkahelyi kultúra
Postal service was a great place to work 30 years ago. Now regional managers micro manage without knowledge of local conditions. Local station managers have little to no say in station policies or operations. Cutthroat management style where moving up is all that matters, not what’s best for the service.
Pro érvek
Pay and benefits. Limited supervision while delivering mail.
Kontra érvek
Management. There is a right way, a wrong way, and managements way.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked a holiday position for this company and really enjoyed it. Really up tempo and never was a slow time during the holiday mail rush. Would not mind working for the postal service again.
Decent break times
Kontra érvek
Long standing hours could be hard on some.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During holidays there are as many hours as you need. Tend to be overworked though and breaks are not given unless asked for. Not recommended to work in the mail room.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a PSE which is what I am, it is a stressful position. No consistent schedule, horrible hours to have any type of consistent life outside of work. Always work long hours. Get moved all over the district to help out other stations. No vacation or any retirement until you get converted to a full time employee. Which takes about 3 years to do. Taking days off or calling in sick are frowned on. I would Say if you can get in as anything beside a PSE Clerk or any CCA role the job would be better. Do your research on what position you are applying for. I would say a office position would be better than what the holiday hire workers do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked there my whole life. I learned alot, and became great at my job. Policies in effect were understandable, the booses are ice. employees are nice. all around, great place to work.
nice employees