United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

99 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 233 értékelés megtekintése
I recommend working at USPS
It does get busy but only on certain days, with good team work things do get done! Great benefits too! Management is good for the most part. You get to meet so many different people from different countries so diverse in culture
Munkahelyi kultúra
Definitely like being in the military. Yes sir no sir type environment.
Management doesn't care about their employees as much as productivity. They listen to kiss ups and disregard the rest. It's a terrible culture for positive feedback or any kind of motivation. If you want to be a person with opinions you won't be welcomed. Clearly you have to go with their flow or risk payback of some kind. Very backstabbing coworkers due to kiss ups mentality on mgmt. part.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard working letter carriers are often over-worked
Mismanagement from Regional/District offices trickle down problems to the local station managers, who then are pressured to pressure the letter carriers they manage. Policies change all the time, large shifts in workloads also skew towards unrealistic expectations. Fascinating that it all gets done, but still a lot of kinks in the system!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work
I love working for USPS because it is very fast paced and the time goes by almost immediately. The most enjoyable part of the job is the peoeple i work with.
Customer service
I left after 7 years because the customer service is no longer a priority and I could no longer be proud of the company that I represented. I believe in customer serving our community, our customers.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and goal orientated
The company does have room for growth and offered promotes within it work force. I loved my job as a operation supervisor, working with my employees everyday gave me a great sense of accomplishment. I worked had to be trained in multiple areas, to help if other supervisors where sick or on vacation. The hardest part of my job would have been lack of support and encouragement from upper management. We would have a daily supervisor meetings and instead of encouragement it was more of a beat down. Very rarely were we recognized for a job well done or going above and beyond our normal Jobs. Upper managements uses threat tactics to try and motivate people which is not very successful in the long run. people work best when they feel that they matter and are doing a good job not when they are in fear of making mistakes. I made sure every day that my 45 employees knew how much I appreciated their had work and would point out 1 individual thing they did well that day.
The worst place ever.
I have never worked at a more poorly ran organization in my life. Management has favorites and if you're not one of them. They will do whatever it takes to make your life there and experience there a living breathing (where the devil lives). Management is racist and sexist. Inter at your own risk.
Usps
Great place of employment. Enjoyed the type of work that was involved with being a casual mail handler. The compensation and benefits were on par or exceeded the work that was expected. Overall great place to work!
Horrible
I have been a letter carrier for over 20 years. The supervisors and management are serving in pay grades, that exceed their skill sets. No one in management has any sort of college training or people skills. Postal management only Promotes unintelligent people who are puppets and will do whatever they were told regardless if it’s right or wrong.
Management dysfunction at this company starts at the highest levels and trickles down there and competency and promotes an inferior working environment due to their lack of experience and
Hard working and Fast paced
The typical day is going into the trailer of a truck and unloading packages. Some packages being light as paper to almost 100lbs. Easiest part of the job is the routine of the job. The hardest part of the job was maintaining an average BPM (Box's Per Minute)
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Good 24 hour shift job bidding
Health and Dental Insurance

Transfer to different locations

Change craft through reassign

Uniform allowance

EAP employee assistance program
Munkahelyi kultúra
Can be A great workplace,management lacks professionalism
Had a pretty good 10 yrs. At usps,went frome level 3 custodian the first 5 yrs. To level 9 mechanic the last 5yrs.Very good benefits,I really feel that management needed more training especially the supervisors,but then again all sups.,and managers were custodians and mechanic before moving up to.thpositiopositions,likesaidsa
post office
Working in the plant for the post office is basically just sorting parcels or letters. Its Mindless work that after a while becomes second nature and you don't really have to think about.
Pro érvek
Easy to learn
Kontra érvek
management is terrible
Liars/inconsistency/bad management
I was told I’ll be at top scale pay in 18months during my interview. At my orientation I learned it will take 8yrs (after I’ve already quit my last job which paid more with cheaper benefits) to get to top scale. While I was a PTF(part time full) employee, I was paid $22 hourly but that’s because you don’t get the holiday pay or any incentives until u become full time regulars but then u drop 80cents in pay
flexible hours
The reason I took this job was because I needed a flexible temporary job before I went college. They were both flexible and understanding at my need for temporary work.
My Advice
The best job in the post office is the Janitor. Less interaction with management and you work independently. Next would be a mail handler . Be prepared to work long hours and during holidays no days off for at least a month . But your work is repetitive and pay is good . Your job is secure as a mail handler as long as you show up to work . Before deciding to work in a station . Be prepared to work as a temporary for at least 2 years . My advice would be to work in the back room if you are not a people person
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Felt a true bond in doing the job, and what it meant to the people on your
I showed up to work and knew exactly, what I was a expected to do and went on with my day. I really enjoyed casing the mail and getting it ready for delivery of the mail. I enjoy the interacting with the public. and customers. Organization Working w/management to get the job done. working and getting along with your peers. Hardest part was I believe was working in the winter, in the snow being able do your safely. just the continuing the service of our mail service
Stressful holiday work
Enjoyed the work, though it was temporary, but most of the management teams (depending on the station location) aren't the greatest. There is a lot of physical aspects of the job, and if you don't know what you're doing, you better learn fast, otherwise you'll get yelled at.
Letter
Loved working for USPS. It was my career. I really enjoyed working with the public. Working for the Post office really kept me in shape. I would definitely recommend it to others. There are many different positions available besides this. From HR and accounting to the cafeteria. They have it all.
Interesting.
Good pay. Very stressful. Interesting culture. Fast pace. Great daily workout. Interesting coworkers. Career job if you can stand the culture and management.
Pro érvek
Pay
Kontra érvek
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest job of my life
This has been the hardest and most stressful 5 years of my life. I wish I would never have gone into management with the post office. I work close to 80 hours a week sometimes and 6-7 days a week.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés