United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Pittsfield, MA

5 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 047 értékelés megtekintése
1,0
Rural Carrier Associate at USPS
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsfield, MA2019, december 10.
I found contrary to what I believed the Post Office does not offer a stable career, opportunity, benefits, or even pays the wages promised. When you start as a rural carrier associate you are in a craft meaning non union non benefit if your lucky and its at a large office the post office will provided a vehicle otherwise its your car (very bad).

1.) the position will advertise 18.20 a hour but it wont state that you are given a route that route has approved hours lets 8; so when you work if you work 11-12 hours (which will happen frequently) you be paid for 8 hours meaning the true wage is going to 13-14 bucks an hour.

2.) the payroll is the worst I have seen, hours even days were omitted from my paycheck this is NOT isolated it is happening in Boston, New York and San Jose; management makes unfair rules and then can not comply with those rules and it is not just rural carriers either city carriers have this problem as well. The only time my paycheck even came close reconciling was the week after I resigned.

3.) Stability and Job security - there is none employees are terminated for leaving mail trucks running to warm up in the morning, for backing up to mailboxes, for going into driveways. Let say you have a route and slip a disk in your back and are laid up for 6 months that's fine but when you go back your route will been assigned to someone else and with it your income, yes they do this with people who are injured or disabled due to illness.

4.) opportunities - first year forget it you can not even apply; from what I hear a rural carrier associate has to
  több... work 5-6 years to be a rural carrier which then grants a mon-sat work week with no benefits; generally someone has to quit, retire or die for there to be an opening my rural carriers were younger than I was; even a supermarket should offer opportunities after 5 years.

To close if you are offered a job at the post office do the following; DO NOT resign your current job DO NOT give notice. The post office will schedule you for a shadow day do that ASAP and set up orientation 2 weeks later. On shadow day you will see what the work and the vehicles and equipment are like; watch how fast the carrier has to move believe me you WILL be expected to move like that BEFORE the end of your training - don't believe what the postmaster says because mine said "we don't expect miracles" and I listened... They wanted me to do 500 drops with packages in 5 hours on a route it takes 1 hour to drive straight out with nothing.
  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12NemJelentés
1,0
Horrible work environment
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsfield, MA2019, április 29.
I worked in two offices in two states. I had transfered from MA to NY. This is a terrible company to work for. They do not appreciate their employees. Always timed. If you have a 9 hour route in reality they want you to finish it in 8 hours you have to walk through all elements wind rain, sun, heat, snow, sleet, blizzards. No matter how much mail there is they expect you to finish the route in the same amount of time. They ask you every day if you're gonna finish the run 8 hours or not and they put pressure on you. Poor management they do not hire qualified managers. I worked this job for 5 years and only made it up to 21.60 an hour. Do not waste your time here please! It is an abusive company to work for.
Pro érvek
Pay
Kontra érvek
Everything else but the pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
4,0
Fast pace environment
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsfield, MA2017, február 11.
Be able to work on different weather conditions.Be aware of management.Lot of good people.The hardest part of the job is the supervisor pushing the CCA to move faster. sometimes without considering the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing a lot of people and work with your co-workers the really know what team work means.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
great pay and knowledge personnel made for good days
custserv.supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsfield, MA2013, december 13.
Arrived at 0900 am and left sometime after 6pm. Received extensive training in federal programs, safety, diverse training and federal regulations regarding employee rights. There were days, especially heavy snow and storms, when getting all the mail delivered became a real challenge .Deaking with my carrier and clerk workforce and my customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés

Tekintsen meg United States Postal Service további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van