United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Peoria, IL

27 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 24 545 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some what fast pace but fun and very productive
I wish I still worked there but i was sick. Good prospect for advancement, decent pay. Learned various postal operations, had a great Manager and most co workers were friendly.
Pro érvek
Good Job, decent pay, room to advance with company
3rd shift
This job sucks
Working for the USPS was hands down the worse experience of my life. This is a company full of idiots with no training telling you what to do. They treat my like a body they dont treat you like a person. They're so eager to fire people within their 90 day probation you're lucky if you even make it as long as I did. Manag6is a JOKE the working environment was very hostile and unprofessional leaving this job was ine of the best decisions I ever made
Good work not rewarded!
Promotions given strictly by seniority, even if the person has a TERRIBLE attendance record, does not have knowledge to do their job correctly, and can NOT do the work that they were hired to do correctly or in a timely manner.
Stressful
Management is condescending to employees. Their management style is to keep you down to stay in line. Other jobs build you up to move forward. You do not learn or gather any new knowledge.
not a bad place to work
it was not a bad place to work but they have you work your 90 days then they let you go ( you hire on as temps ) and will tell you to reapply cause they only lay off so they dont have to pay benefits when they have regulars quit or retire then you have a chance of getting hired IF you are there your 90 days when it happens
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
strenuous
As the world becomes more on-line shopping, the demand for parcel delivery will continue. The expectations out of workers and their lack of respect for having a personal life is going to be detrimental to the postal service.
federal government
too many hours/understaffed
Negative
This is a negative and hostile work environment. If you work CEP Casual Employee Position for Christmas Help you can not get on as a permanent position. No matter how many times you work Christmas Help. Management lies about future employment possibilities. Management doesn't seem to know what's going on and lies, lies, and lies. Be prepared to wait a month or two to inform you if you are hired. Continue to wait another month or two to start. They waste peoples valuable time not to mention it takes 3 weeks to get paid. They are slow about everything.
good place to work
I enjoyed my time at the postal service, would probably still be working for
them but had a freeze on at the time I left which is the reason I retired early when I moved to Michigan, then just never went back.
Met lots of people
Kontra érvek
breaks too short and they really pushed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Able to perform duties without direct supervision
I started out carrying mail, which was sometimes enjoyable being outside during the change of seasons. I worked my way up through the ranks to management, starting as a line supervisor and ending as a Station Manager. For personal reasons, I left management and finished my career as a letter carrier again. Hardest part of the job was winter weather and rainy days. A typical day began in the office for 2 to 3 hours of putting up the mail, then 5 to six hours on the street delivering the mail. Letter carrier jobs have rotating days off, with every 6th weekend off. In management, as a Station Manager, I generally worked Monday thru Friday, with weekends off.
Pro érvek
Self managed on the street as a letter carrier
Kontra érvek
Winter weather and rainy days
good carrying mail
It is a great job to carry mail however it can be very stressful with time and management requirements not there 15 in the 80's. Time have changed things there. Money is good but managers are bad.
hard work but important
I am used to working outside in the heat and humidity, but to walk up and down stairs all day in it with 1 15 minute break, was more than I could handle.
Outstanding energetic culture
I was a seasonal driver for UPS at the time I learned how to deliver mail to preplanned locations in a timely manner along with that I conducted the duties of a mail man. The workplace culture was great.
Pay
tempo
Munkahelyi kultúra
good place to work good job security
I made many really good friends,some of which I still keep in contact.I also continue to bank at the Postal credit union.I received several service awards while working the window
Pro érvek
great benefits and job security after probation
Kontra érvek
night shift was getting hard on this old body
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a good place to work
Keyed in important address information on postal items that the machines could not read. It was Busy during holiday, slower other times. Mandatory overtime if mail was not complete before shift was over but if mail was too slow then we were released early
Pro érvek
Was able to listen to movies while we worked
Kontra érvek
Very busy during holidays with lots of mail, sometimes mandatory overtime
Data Entry Job
It was a sedentary data entry job. We could listen to music or books on tape while we worked. They stressed attendance, but management worked with us if we had an important
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was good while it lasted
It was an okay place to work. The risk of repetitive injury was high, which is true of any data entry job. The Peoria REC is closed now, so really there's not much else to say.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only work here as a last resort
If you have the brain or education to work ANYWHERE else, do it. Yes, the benefits are good, but working for the post office will destroy you physically and mentally.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
culture, bodily damage, psychological stress
Blessed Opportunity
My time at the post office has been one that I have enjoyed and thankful I was blessed with. It is a great job if you seek one of little supervision and pay that is great compared to many entry level postions.
Great Place to Work
Started out at the REC. The people and management were great to work with. Years later transferred to the downtown facility. People did not like the REC people coming downtown. They said we were the "red headed step child" of the postal Service. Overall, the Postal Service is a great career path.
Great Pay!
month of December
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fast-paced job with specific requirements.
This was a data entry job with specific rules for keying in the information. Eventually the keyer needed to produce a certain speed with as few errors as possible (0 being want they truly wanted). This job was fast-paced but I enjoyed it because it was typing. However, due to better technology the Post Office eventually closed all Remote Encoding Centers.
fast pace
Originally 4 criteria to meet for permanent positions; however, people who had higher test scores & not enough keystroke hours complained so Management & Union decided to just go by test scores making it unfair for all the women/men that put the hours in originally to compete for the permanent positions.
15 minute break every hour, 1/2 hour lunch break
a few related to EEOC
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés