United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Oakland, CA

101 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 284 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It takes many years to become a regular employee
I started and ended as a contractor. One does the same work as a regular employee, but do not have the same benefits as they do. Your hours may be changed, but it's usually the same. You won't be able to flex your hours based on something coming up. You'll have to see if you can get time off or take it as time off from your vacation hours.
Very active
A typical day at the post office consisted of getting a route sheet and doing everything on it. Some times it could be cleaning a workroom floor witch included the machines also. Or you could be assigned too clean all the restrooms on one floor. Working there I learned how to work in a team setting also in an independent setting. I also learned how to work proficiently. working at the post office consisted of dealing wit over a hundred other workers I learned how to communicate and greet others in a professional manner. Working at the post office management was very good. They helped me wen needed and made sure to the best of their ability that we all had the materials we needed. My co-workers were amazing so friendly nd open I was the youngest team member and the newest. The helped and taught me the way of the job. The hardest part of the job I would say was that we were understaffed we made do but it was hard. the most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a nightshift position.
night shift, Good maitenence team
understaffed
Very lively and upbeat.
When you get to work theirs management, once there gone the job becomes wonderful for every one, coworkers help each other and being with the people out side is the up side.
You work by yourself
The wheather
PSE Postal Surport Employee = TEMPORARY NON CAREER
ok place to work, ok pay. no benifit, temp work. gud luck. temps do the work. the full time regulars make alot of money, but there really is no chance of becoming one, in fact the post office is tryin to get rid of them and hire all cotractors and non career employees. BOTTOM LINE THE POST OFFICE WILL KEEP YOU IN A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR MANY YEARS AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER HIRE YOU AS A FULL TIME REGUILAR EMPLOYEE WITH ALL THE GOOD PAY & BENIFITS :(
Pro érvek
good people, and supervisors, good experiance
Kontra érvek
no uniforms, NO SICK LEAVE no benifit til 1 yr ad if u have a family u will pay alot for health
Federal Government Job
It was a great job for the time in which I worked there. You were able to work in all the departments and learn all aspects of the postal service.
Pro érvek
Work on all level of the postal services
Kontra érvek
Had to work overtime every day
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managed my on productivity.
While working for the Postal Service I gained an ability to quickly interpret information. There are many distractions out in the public, and I had to make sure to keep my attention on my work. When I delivered the mail I kept track of the numbers, names, streets, and customer requests. Not to mention my immediate surroundings, the last thing I needed was a dog bite. All of this had to be done in a fast pace and with no mistakes. Moreover, as a mail man I learned to remain motivated even when the work seemed endless. It was a surprisingly difficult job, especially during the rainy months.
Fun in the sun.
Dog bites.
Challengnig and very exciting
Ensure 200 offices in the district is in compliance, conduct training to employees and provide technical and sales assistance to postmasters, managers and the general public.

The most ejoyable part of the job is traveling to various offices and meeting new people.
Pro érvek
self satisfaction when I've helped an office reslove an issue
Kontra érvek
health benefits are too expensive
Munkahelyi kultúra
horrible, they treat you as if you are disposbale to the company.
Good pay but not worth the stress. Managers/supervisors always yelling and rushing workers to get dispatches done on time. Its never enough people so its alot of pressure on people to get alot of work done.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
No job security; you can lose your job at any time
I loved working there for 9 yrs
Get equipment, load on to machine, put in to its own bin, learned who mail is shipped all over the world, management was great at problem solving.
Going to work
Kontra érvek
Some people are hard to work with
mailhandlers
made sure that the mail was put on the trucks so that the mail could get out on time
great work place
start work at 0600 test all machines assigned for the work day.read the log books from the other shifts ,if possible talk to the leaving tech test macines assigned.review reports as needed.if any any repairs needed gather parts and begin repairs,log all work done.retest machine and make sure that it is working within parameters.check with other technitions and provide help if needed.
Pro érvek
comfortable working conditions, very good enviorment for sharing and learning
short breaks
fast pace
attention to detail, busy, anything can happen had to be quick to adapt to change in workflow
casual mail handler/ clerk
Fast paste job, the mail had to get out on time. The hardest part of the job was meeting some dead lines on getting the mail out. Best part about job was the pay check.
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and team player employees
A typical day of a mail carrier consist of lots of mail carrying and walking. Coming in contact with a lot of different people and dangerous situations. I Have learned from the job how to really humble myself in altercations. My coworkers were very helpful and played a great part as team players. Management I felt needed alot more training on how to run there department and being professional. The hardest part about the job is delivering under horrible weather and no set work hours and days . The thing I really liked about the job I was trust to work independently in a timely and professional manner under minimum or no supervision also it was outdoors and I came in contact and met alot of nice people along the way
Pro érvek
offered lots of over time if needed
Kontra érvek
no health benefits or room to grow
boring place to work
didnt really like working here ,,,long hrs no wrk to do really very boring.
good money
enviorment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the USPS, it just working the mail, but the lunch room have the best food.
The USPS do pay their employees a nice salary,but the work is tedious and hard for the temporary workers, but you get use to the job.
Pro érvek
good people in the workforce (we all get along together)
Kontra érvek
no pay raise for the temporary employees.
christmAS SEASON

the pay
lunch cafteria
shorts breaks
United States Postal Service
My duties as a casual clerk are to unload mail from trucks onto moving belts, to organize the
mail by type, assign a station code, and send mail to correct station.
good benifits
job was temporary
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, met different people
Very hard work, A person can do any type of work if they really wanted to. Management was a little different then waqnt I was use to, but they were ok to work for. The hardest part for me was working at night, I never had a night job before and loading the mail trucks first thing in the mornings because, the trucks had to go out by a certain time in the morning.
Pro érvek
stable job if you take the test and pass.
Kontra érvek
temporary job, they would only keep you if you were a good worker
Very hard work,working for the Post Office in Oakland
sorted mail on mail sorter by street address and zip codes. Loaded mail trucks to deliver to different cities. The Post Office was located in Oakland the main annex, a lot of employees and different ethnic backgrounds.
meeting new people
temporary job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive place to work,fast pace.
My experiance at the postal service was a very good one,i learned alot about how mail gets delivered,and how it's sorted out to go to the right place,state,and meet alot of great hard working people there.
Pro érvek
it's a great place to work.
Kontra érvek
working weekends, but loved it all together.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés