United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Oakland, CA

97 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 24 545 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
the diversity of people i worked with and the job security, union.
i loved working with a very diverse group of people, i have yet to work in a business where there was that level of diversity. Also had the best Union I've even joined, they really worked for and looked out for all people.
Fast Paced
You are on your feet for the most part picking up and placing packages in their correct postal code. You have to have a quick mind as the packages come down the conveyer belt.
More Money, No Life
You will make a good deal of money while working for the USPS, especially in a large city. However, you will not have a lot of free time to spend money. Great for someone who is single, or trying to save up for a large purchase. As you get older your money will increase, as will your paid sick and vacation days, which are needed if you want any meaningful time off.
Stable work
Work pace is easy going. Stable work, not much in money but it's got good retirement benefits that will enjoy once you get to that point. Work now, play later
Munkahelyi kultúra
Tractor trailer operator for almost 20 years by far easiest job ever had but also WORST MANAGEMENT I EVER WORKRD FOR BY FAR
My beloved postal service is a good and bad thing !!!! The good you can go very far in a career for advancement with company without having college degree but the bad is with that there is a lot of uneducated managers that were lazy former rank and file workers that just rather tell somebody what to do instead of learning how to manage or learning the operation of moving and processing of US MAIL!!!!
Pro érvek
Easy work for truck driver everything on wheels
DISGUSTING Management!!!!!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
it was enjoyable overall
Overall it was a good place to work I learned a lot while being in the post office, especially moving at a fast pace. it improved my organization skills outside of work, it also encouraged me to be on time more and not to procrastinate. Management was slightly unorganized but that was out of my control as long as I got my needs met and my checks on time I was good. the hardest part of the job was to stay awake and staying out of other peoples drama! it was a night job but it was fast paced, unless you had to scan packages on the apbs, so staying up was a challenge! Overall I give this job A 85% the people are amazing and the money was good I enjoy working at the post office.
Pro érvek
food in the vending machines and multiple breaks
managment was terrible
Munkahelyi kultúra
Focus on work and fast pased
What I love most about working here is that it is good pay and a great job. A typical day as a PSE Mail Processing Clerk is: arriving to work, get assigned a machine/partner and gather all of your mail (differs from machine/zipcode). Your job is to process/sort/organize all the mail assigned to you. It's physical and fast pace which makes time go by fast. I also enjoy that I do not have to provide any Customer Service needing to be provided - it's pure and simple work.
Lots of over-time. Good pay, Great job, Job Security, Fast Paced
Hours, Benefits are only after you become a Regular
Good job poor management
Worked here for 5 years and was fired because i got sick. Manager lied and said he had no idea even after i passed out on the job disqualifying me for unemployment benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just make it through being a pse
PSEs work when they tell you,6 days a week. Lots of hours especially holidays $$$. They don't put up schedules. They don't care about you as a person, lots of EEos filed ,once you're a regular you can leave at 8 hours , benefits , vacation pay , good stuff, can take up to 3 years to become regular. And get 3 bucks raise. Very tough the union is worthless they don't help with anything, but begs you to join.
You have a job
Kontra érvek
Management, race issues, verbal abuse
good money hard work
the pay is good and thats it. you work 6 days a week. 12 plus hours a day. everyone that is hired quits. working for the postal is is horrible. the station managers are horrible. some of the old people are helpful. some arent. i hated that i would complete my 8 hour route and them have to go back out to do half of another because i was a newbie. the money was good but its hard on your body. the newbies are overworked.
Production Environment
Busy holiday package season, work was production with extremely high volume. The work was divided by zip codes and you were assigned a city or zip code to service.
Blue Collar Work
It's a fast pace job. All promotion are based on senority. Blue collar work. Perform quality check .People are hard workers and supervisors are knowledgeable.
fast-pace
generally working at the post office is a fast-pace work environment, especially during the holiday season and slightly slows down during the summer season
Typical day at work
Operating power industrial equipment daily, such as a forklift, unloading incoming mail off the trucks on the West Dock, on both pallets, and rolling stock.
Pro érvek
Enjoy working with my co-workers
Supervisor is irriliable.
Don't work there
Don't work there. you will come home dirty and tired. All you will do when you home is sleep and eat The only time you have fun when the new meat come to work there during christmas
Industrial Engineer at the United States Postal Service
Good:
Lots of training - Lean Six Sigma, AutoCAD, et. al. With required projects to ensure you learn

Engineers have significant opportunity to advance, in fact are pushed upward in many cases

Due to changing product mix (letters to parcels), engineers have lots of opportunity to employ knowledge and influence operations. It is possible to designed and implement elaborate material handling systems with only a few year of experience

Needs Improvement:

Union Culture leads to disaffected, uninspired work force

Often hostile, Type-A upper managers

Quality Union employees have no incentive to move into management (high union pay, stress of firs line management jobs) leads to a poor quality pool of managers

Many engineers are hired from college and after a couple years are sometimes forced into higher lelvel positrions (that no one else wants) which requires 80-hr per week and just a modest pay bump

Many Upper Management position are unfilled due to workload/stress vis-a-vis low relative pay For the same hours worked per week, union workers can earn more than executive Plant Manangers, with less stress

Very hard to get rid of problem employees due to union protections

Much higher strress level that private companies I've worked for
See Above
See Above
Work with no play
USPS is a 24/7 operations with employees working 60+ hours weekly. No time for family or self. Work work work everyday. People need free time to relax.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's an ok place to work
Some of the policies that are set in place are unrealistic. I enjoyed my time at the postal service once I figured out how to navigate through the nonsense.
Great Benefits
Too many to name.
hectic
The days are long and rough with a little team effort.I learn how to be a team lead and over see 7 people in a priority sorting unit that sending out packages to its final destination.
free donuts every 3months
Short breaks and lunch
New hire
Mail carrier. Quit after 1 month. 8+ hours a day. 6 days a week. No overtime pay. Benefits after a year. No vacation. No scheduled days off. 90 days probation. No time for lunch breaks. Supervisor lack communication. Let u go after a year then rehire so you won’t get benefits.
You’re on the road
Kontra érvek
No breaks, no benefits until a year, no overtime pay.
Fast paced and very Productive
A typical day working at the Post Office was very fast paced. you would get to work and know that you were about to work for your pay. What I learned about working at the post office was that the people were friendly and helpful. Management there was okay as long as you did your job. The hardest part of working at the Post Office was staying awake, and carrying mail from 1 place to another, but overall it was okay. The most enjoyable part of working at the Post Office was meeting new people and learning how mail was transported across the world.
Free parking
Kontra érvek
Short breaks and and being cold
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés