United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Oakland, CA

92 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 449 értékelés megtekintése
Good job.
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, december 4.
US Posral offers overtime and job security. You get a pension and a thrift savings plan and a social security when you reach the golden years. A great career and income.
Not a good job
Mail Handler Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, november 24.
Not a good job they messy and don’t pay enough not a good job not good at all they use they employees and make them do all kind of work they do they work and other people work who work there and been there for years and don’t do nothing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 2Jelentés
Repetitive work life
USPS Clerk - Mail Processor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, szeptember 23.
This job is very repetitive and not very much required thinking. The hardest part of this job is the consistent heavy lifting, pulling, and pushing of bulky packages and/or mail.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Job Stability
Administrative Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, szeptember 12.
The Culture is good for advancement in many fields. The hard part of the job is the stress level of some positions. The work force is busy and must be done in a timely manner. To be a part of the Management team requires patience and a willingness to work long hours.
Many positions available.
Can be stressful
Kiss your life good bye
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, szeptember 11.
Postal employees are expected to have everything figured out by the time you leave training. They will leave you on your own and you have no idea where you are going! They will flat out not pay you. You have to keep track of your hours because supervisors are not held accountable when they delete employee hours. The supervisors are unorganized which means you take the blame when they dont do something correctly. You stay out all morning and night. You will work 6-7 days a week . If you have other options do not come here.
Off-site lunch, Paid Time Off, Benefits
Kontra érvek
Benefits expensive, never have time to live, supervisors not to nice
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a place you’d only want to work seasonal
Processing Clerk ( PSE ) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, augusztus 31.
Work seasonal , don’t get stuck unless you want the unnecessary drama that management brings it’s like being paid to go to high school ( haha ) . Even if you show up on time and do your work you’re getting under somebody skin . Management really know nothing about the work or operations they just yell and treat you like dogs while you make them look good this Oakland Plant to be exact
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Management and job culture
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, augusztus 2.
Management and job culture are horrendous. Plain asinine and unprofessional managers. The orientation process was a joke. On the one month eval, the manager didn’t agree with what my feedback and had it changed to a more acceptable ones that would reflect her efficiency as a manager.
Loved it there!
Mail Handler, Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, július 4.
It was a great experience! Very much so
physically demanding but absolutely great career choice when working with certain managers it can be challenging but overall it’s amazing!
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Postoffice.
Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, május 28.
Sometimes you get a lot of hour sometimes you may not. The overall culture is very diverse. Meaning you get people from everywhere with different religion etc. Management is only okay it depends on the person.
Pro érvek
Get a lot of hours most of the time or at least 40.
How they treat you
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very busy workload, kept day fast paced and interesting.
Casual Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, május 21.
Was able to learn the different levels of operation of handling mail. The people were pleasant and very helpful. It was a very good working environment.
Pay was fair and good.
Mail bags were heavy
I liked working here...
Loader/Unloader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, május 20.
I found myself getting real intune with the job and overtime was the best part $25 overtime during holidays. I was taking care of the bills and rent. If I could go back I would.
GOOD MONEY
POOR RELATIONS
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place is line high school
Tractor Trailer Driver (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, május 5.
People are always spreading rumors about other people. Management doesn't care about,you, there is no reason to go above and beyond because you will never be recognized for it, but let you do something wrong a they will try to write you up. Supervisors play favorites. Pay should bebetter, takes about 10 years to max out your pay. Union is good to be a part of..
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Management sucks, people always want to be in your business. Nosey people
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you have no other option and don't mind manual labor...
CIty Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, április 8.
Great money, huge commitment. They want you for 20+ years and they guarantee you money with no sleep for the first few years. They don't want you to go to school or have hobbies. They are scrambling for workers because of competition too. Even so, if you can stick with it, you can raise a family from the Post Office.
Pro érvek
Good money, great benefits, job security, and overtime.
Kontra érvek
Almost demanded overtime, schedule, and management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Team work, productive, competitive and fast paced.
Mail processing clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, április 5.
I am working in fast paced work environment. I work long hours. It has nice benefit packages and career advancement opportunities. Nice coworkers and management. I get paid over time and penalty overtimes. Paid holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most toxic organization I've ever worked for
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, március 24.
Worst work environment I've ever experienced, all because I was heavily misled. I'll just paste the rant I gave them in the email they sent me after I quit, inquiring as to why I wouldn't go back to USPS:

"I don't know where to begin.... the United States Postal Service is the most unprofessional, disrespectful, unintelligent, arrogant cesspool of systematic ignorance I've ever witnessed in my entire life. Privatization is honestly the only real solution to all that plagues it on every level. I should've followed my first mind and turned down the job when I caught the first red flag in the form of the trashy lady in administrative laughing at me with a derisive tone as we ended our phone conversation due to a simple miscommunication on my behalf (seriously, why USPS insists on putting disrespectful, non-people-persons in people- person positions just escapes both business logic and plain, old common sense). I stated during my hiring process that my goal was to become a Window Clerk, as the customer service skills required align with my career path as an eventual real estate broker, with USPS being a stepping stone for me while I study. I was told that taking the position as a PSE was the precursor to that, granted I make it through the 90-day probation period. The way this was explained ultimately proved to be misleading, as I was under the impression I could relatively waltz through a transfer after a mere 3 months; the reality of the situation wasn't specified, which was either I wait and hope a Window Clerk spot opens up and that a supervisor offers it to me before someone
  több... else who would take it(assuming that it's not too far), or wait to be converted to career and bid for it (an entirely different beast that, surprise-surprise, wasn't explained to me). But despite these hiccups, I decided to ride out the PSE position thinking either I'd still finish school in my planned time or get converted and be able to at least bid for my preferred position, but guess what? Didn't happen. Didn't even come close to happening. "Just one year!" That was what my orientation class was told (and by someone with a bigwig position, to boot). That was in 2016, I'm assuming at this point they mixed up 'one year' with 'one light-year'. Stop being cowards and lying to your employees. I'm used to working for organizations that have some modicum of integrity and I made the mistake of assuming USPS walked that same path of integrity due to the supposed prestigious 'government job' aura it holds, but it's clear USPS is the McJob of 'government jobs' with the integrity of a greedy dog biting its owner even after being fed. Get rid of these ridiculous job titles that only exist to feed the ego of ignorant, unqualified lame-brains (what is a 204-B anyway? An assistant supervisor? Why the confusing title? ). Train your supervisors with an emphasis on interpersonal skills. Be upfront about the most common hangups of the job so folks can make FULLY informed decisions that affect their life and family. Stop using conversion as a carrot in front of the donkey and admit it only happens when regulars retire (which most seem intent on never doing) or die. Give an actual d---n about your company culture, beyond those embarrassing, borderline-offensive "safety" videos. Show concern for the spokes in the wheel and eliminate the many structures that only serve to keep USPS in the cycle of dysfunction it's mired in."

There was much more I wanted to add, but unfortunately they put you on a time limit. There is rampant favoritism and cronyism based on ethnicity. I and many others had our signatures forged by a coworker and we approached the MDO about it and he explicitly told us he wanted nothing to do with it. Not to mention this particular coworker was infamous within the facility for being an absolute terror (a PSE, not even a regular), yet nothing was ever done about all the drama she caused. Oh yeah, this coworker and the MDO are both Indian, but I'm sure that's just a confidence. Speaking of this MDO, he is a shameless liar and a jerk. I suffered a very bad toe injury performing a standard DBCS setup courtesy of a defective pie cart that was in desperate need of replacing (and which was still on the work floor at the time I resigned). He gave me a hard time while I was on light duty with a fractured toe, bothering me about my sitting position in the sorting area with no regard for my comfort (on one occasion he tried to get me to work standing up....on a fractured toe). Then suddenly when the building got on this super-duper safety kick, he has the audacity to claim he cares about my safety more than I do. What an assault on my intelligence. All in all, USPS consumed my time and adversely affected my personal goals, putting me in the very kind of job situation I tried to avoid by being upfront during my hiring that I only wanted a temporary gig that would provide decent work-life balance. I wasn't desperate for a check, nor was I even unemployed, I just wanted a transitional job before moving into my real estate career. For some people I can understand why USPS would feel like a blessing to them. However, if you value work-life balance, if you have a family, if you operate your own business on the side, if you have long-term goals that don't involve USPS, then I highly suggest you stay far away for the sake of your peace of mind.
  kevesebb
Fast Paced
Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, március 6.
You are on your feet for the most part picking up and placing packages in their correct postal code. You have to have a quick mind as the packages come down the conveyer belt.
More Money, No Life
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, január 30.
You will make a good deal of money while working for the USPS, especially in a large city. However, you will not have a lot of free time to spend money. Great for someone who is single, or trying to save up for a large purchase. As you get older your money will increase, as will your paid sick and vacation days, which are needed if you want any meaningful time off.
Stable work
Tractor-trailer Operator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, január 18.
Work pace is easy going. Stable work, not much in money but it's got good retirement benefits that will enjoy once you get to that point. Work now, play later
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 5Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Tractor trailer operator for almost 20 years by far easiest job ever had but also WORST MANAGEMENT I EVER WORKRD FOR BY FAR
Tractor Trailer Operator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, január 8.
My beloved postal service is a good and bad thing !!!! The good you can go very far in a career for advancement with company without having college degree but the bad is with that there is a lot of uneducated managers that were lazy former rank and file workers that just rather tell somebody what to do instead of learning how to manage or learning the operation of moving and processing of US MAIL!!!!
Pro érvek
Easy work for truck driver everything on wheels
DISGUSTING Management!!!!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
it was enjoyable overall
Processing Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2018, november 30.
Overall it was a good place to work I learned a lot while being in the post office, especially moving at a fast pace. it improved my organization skills outside of work, it also encouraged me to be on time more and not to procrastinate. Management was slightly unorganized but that was out of my control as long as I got my needs met and my checks on time I was good. the hardest part of the job was to stay awake and staying out of other peoples drama! it was a night job but it was fast paced, unless you had to scan packages on the apbs, so staying up was a challenge! Overall I give this job A 85% the people are amazing and the money was good I enjoy working at the post office.
Pro érvek
food in the vending machines and multiple breaks
managment was terrible
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van