United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Melville, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Melville, NY37 értékelés
37 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 423 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a factory that served 365 days of the year 24 hours a day, packages and mail never stop coming through our building. managers were hired on who they new ad employees had to teach them areas they had never worked in. most people go along well. building held 2000 employees across 3 shifts.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Basically another form a of military institution. It definitely has rough days around the holidays but overall you get decent pay better then a minimum wage I tell you that.
Overtime
Poor Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Better treatment....better pay and appreciate your workers more. Everyone is so miserable....more people will come to work with better attitude if they were treated better and also treated with respect
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was not the most pleasurable work experience for me. The managers did not know that you existed. The supervisors did not want you want to advance or succeed. You are just a number there.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had to ask union APWU to see if I could get a shift change because of pregnancy. It took a lil while but by Dr orders my shift was changed. It was difficult but the union made sure I received a shift change.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just like any other warehouse job; loading/unloading packages. Separating parcels by zip codes. Separating tubs and trays; putting them in the right equipment to be distributed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I want working at night job with handle mail everyday 7 days. I'm hearing loss impaired only text messages my smartphone. When! Where! Mid-Island Processing and Distribution Center in Melville NY. Thank you
Munkahelyi kultúra
its a good paying job but seniority rules above everything else. New people quickly realize they are the ones doing all of the work. Senior workers will gladly take as long as they want on breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
The morale is poor. Its not a great working environment.
Mail Handler – Melville, NY –

Management sucks. I would never work there again even if I'm out of a job and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. All new hires are poorly trained and not treated with any respect. It was a horrible work experience for me. Regular are disrespectfully and a bully to new employees
It take 2 years to get a secure position
You have to deal with alot of bullies for 2yrs to get a secure position
Munkahelyi kultúra
Use to be a Laid back good job with fair pay for the work but the last 10 years cuts and a bad culture add more work and don’t replenish the work force. Forces people to work unsafe and get the job done rather than be safe and work properly. This job does not keep up with pay in New York or the northeast for truckers, postal contractors are paying higher than your top pay that takes years to get.
Job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS provides a stable career with plenty of advancement opportunities.
It can be a high pressure environment but well worth it due to all the benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Start working there young because pay sucks at first. If u have bill and kids its going to be hard working there u have to work on your days off just to make it and you will have no life besides the job
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a missed managed warehouse with to many chiefs, employees worked hard at their jobs and their knowledge and dedication got the job done, despite poorly trained supervisors.
good pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
Managements attitude push hard workers, leave lazy alone
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome job! There’s no such thing as perfect people so there will never be a perfect job. But I’m very happy with the decision I made joining USPS. There’s good days, there’s bad days....that’s life! Positive attitude mixed in with hard work (aka work smart) will make this job very enjoyable. Count your blessings people!
Pay, Benefits, Pension, 401k
None so far
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the postal service was actually very good.Attendance was one of the biggest musts.I worked in the Long Island distribution center and everyone had a specific job to do.As long as you did your job nobody bothered you.Timed breaks and lunch were very strict.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Strict work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
this is a job with someone who doesn't have prior engagements, preferably single people.
it has a great union but working with o many different people, sometimes opinions don't get heard and so on.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for three years with no hope for a permanent position. No health benefits. All of the senior staff were lazy and the people that were new, were forced to do their job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day at work is you come in swipe your time card and get to work. its 15 or 30 minute breaks not really sure and half an hour lunches.great place to work for you meet great people also. great pay sometimes unorganized but thats ok.
great pay great experience
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for the Post office is a good place to get into. The pay is good, great benefits. There is always mail so there is job security. The other down part is days off can vary.
Munkahelyi kultúra
no one ever mentioned during the interview process that the position was seasonal. Didn't even hint at it. And I clearly stated that I was looking for f/t permanent.
that said, I was hired with a group of 20. Trained, and moved as one with 20 for a month. And then dismissed with the group of 20.

Left a bad taste for the postal federal government.

In my travels there through conversation, if you were already long-term, your job security was untouchable. New hires?

Re think your think.
A paycheck
Kontra érvek
No straight answers, ghost-like mgmt, no job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great benefits not so good retirement plan no room for advancement but all in all a good company to work for very monotonous it’s only good if you do not wish to better yourself in the future