United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Madison, WI

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Madison, WI30 értékelés
30 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 406 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Start the day with picking a route and sorting it and then load the delivery truck. Deliver packages and then help out other drivers that might be behind schedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a horrible place to work. They treat you like a machine. You work six days a week which includes every Saturday and Sunday. You get one work day off each week but it can change from week to week so you can't plan anything. When you request time off, it is denied, which forces you to call in sick when you need a day off. Furthermore it is a very physical job. You have to carry a lot of heavy packages and you are on your feet 10 to 13 miles a day. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Kontra érvek
Too many hours and only one day off a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
I only worked for the post office for a short time. I cannot and will not recommend it to anyone.
The training period is small and insignificant compared to the expectations of workers.

They are a revolving door of hire and fire. I would say most people walk within the first two weeks. Everyone I trained with left, some lasted three months, most everyone left after a month.

The problem with the post office is management seems bent on making everyone miserable. You can be forced to work 80 hours as week with no days off for a month. It can be a great paycheck, the problem is payroll is constantly shorting your check or not including all your hours. I would punch in and be ready to work, and they wouldn't start paying me until 15 minutes into my shift.

I don't have anything good to say about the experience.

While I think the need for a postal service is paramount to democracy, it seems the way management is set up, it will destroy its self from within.
You can loose weight.
Kontra érvek
Failure to accurate pay wages, mean people, no work life balance, and lack of training.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You start off in a non-career position and work a ton of overtime. In theory when you make career you are no longer required to work overtime except in rare emergencies. What they don't tell you is that offices that are always hiring are always in that state of emergency. The overtime will not end until the office is fully staffed, a time that the older carriers wistfully refer to as though it were a distant memory or a fairy tale.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I delivered mail, as a city carrier assistant, everyone at work was isolated and kept to themself, during the six months I worked there i took lunch zero times so I could finish my work on time and still had to not get paid even though i skipped lunch six months in a row, if I did all my work my reward was helping slower employees. Would not recommend.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone out for themselves, especially the managers.
Managers lie to you.

There are some good people .

Union doesn't help you at all.

Made life long friends working there.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time at usps. I was hired on as a clerk and was rotated around to just about every work station at the plant. It was hard work from unloading trucks to sitting on a forklift - but I was never bored!
I really liked my immediate supervisor as he worked harder than anyone there. He was a natural leader and inspired everyone to follow his lead.
GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
DOING MANDATORY OVERTIME WHEN I WAS EXHAUSTED
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a pretty fast paced, stressful, and dirty job.

Typical day for me begins with sorting any mail in the station which includes: presort, flats, DPS, parcels. While I am taking care of that I also answer the customer window and help carriers that need anything for their routes.

Once all the carriers are out on the road I start my daily accountable tasks which include: sorting and dispatching any outgoing mail. Processing nixie and forwarded mail though RFS. Collecting any outgoing mail for Fed-ex, UPS, and Amazon. Sort and file Certified letters, Registered mail, Expresses, and Parcels.

At the end of the day I check in all the carriers and their accountables, put away any of the above listed things if they could not be delivered. Dispatch any mail left to the dock to be taken to the plant. Secure all money and accountables at end of shift.
the pay
Kontra érvek
the lack of communication/ being overworked
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not hired as a permanent employee when you start. Could take 110 days up to a year or more. While not being a permanent employee expect to be told when to come into work and when to leave work. You do not have a guaranteed time you get off of work. anywhere between 6-7 PM. Short on carriers. No work life balance. 66+ hours a week and you work 6 days a week. Only two holidays off a year while you are not a permanent employee. Some of the management is disrespectful to their employees. Everyday you here the negative you do, but never the positive. Very fast paced and very physical job. You walk approximately 10-14 miles a day. You work in any kind of climate. I left because I was disrespected.
overtime pay checks
must finish a route in 8 hours then they add more work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for USPS is generally a great experience the compensation and benefits are outstanding if you're willing to put in the hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting our customers the things they want and often need that today's online marketplace offer.
Pro érvek
Great health benefits, good pay and stable employment
Kontra érvek
Long hours especially for new hires and associate employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed serving the interests and needs of the postal customer. I did love the organization and the opportunities I had with service. I loved the fact that I had a Postal Issue Vehicle to perform my job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard position to get. Must be organized, quick learner and pay attention to details.
Must be willing to work in ALL weather conditions...maintaining saftey through it all.
job security
Kontra érvek
someone is always calling in sick
Munkahelyi kultúra
I entered directly as a career appointment with full benefits. There was a lot of specifics to the work, but overall it was not difficult. If you can play the game and follow some stupid rules without getting bent out of shape it's a nice position to have.
Great overall benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
You are hired as "part-time" yet work 50-60+ hours a week. You need to purchase a vehicle within 90 days otherwise you are fired. You do not receive any benefits because you are a "sub" Did not anticipate the post office to be this way. STAY AWAY
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the postal service was the most stressful job I have ever had. The job itself was easy and people are always willing to help you. The work can be hard on your body and mind.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the United States Postal Service is a high stress and faced paced job. I like the job. I like a fast paced environment, however there are lots of hours to work and they are not afraid to give you 60 hours a week every week.
Great compensation
Work a lot of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard placement. Rough work. Cut throat and fast paced work. Little to know training. Difficult to learn when they expect you to know what you don't know at all. Never good enough regardless of pace or time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you can make it to full time the job is great. However getting to full time is a grueling process. As a RCA or rural carrier associate in the Madison area you're expected to be on call everyday, however you will not be on call but actually working everyday. With in the first two weeks of working I was directly told I would have 23 days in a row with no days off scheduled.

Actual on route experience consists of three days on route running before going out entirely on your own and expecting to do the full route in quoted time, which is often a mark even the full time carriers cannot reach. Which causes severe accuracy issues in many offices. A concern which is never addressed, merely pushed off indefinitely to the next day. My initial experience with the post office was quite dated, easily fifteen years ago, but in relationship to the modern version the aspect of customer service is all but dead. Which is an aspect that is never addressed by management, instead they opt to tell you to constantly go faster.

Packages and parcels have become a mainstay of the Post Office but the logistics mechanisms used to process them are wildly outdated and represent the model the Post Office used twenty years ago when the parcel volume was maybe ten percent of what it is now. Like the accuracy problem this is never addressed and the clerks and carriers are merely told to work faster and harder rather than any updates to the system being implemented. This has spilled over so far that RCA's are required to work every Sunday to do parcels. So while management is constantly harping to go
 - több...
Pro érvek
Decent pay, hours always available for those who want them
Kontra érvek
Poor management, old equipment, unrealistic work expectations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful place to work. Lack of work -life balance. The benefits are good but management will expect you to drop your plans to work even if they are made in advance
Benefits, time off.
Management, treated poorly
Munkahelyi kultúra
If the supervisor doesn’t like something about you you will get transferred when there is an opening at another station.
Some of the people are great while others are temperamental. You can be ignored if you ask a question or answered promptly.....depends on who you’re trying to speak with.

I was told full time 40 hrs a week now it’s not with your position it’s 30 or under per week. I was also told M-F, nope it’s 6 days a week, which includes every weekend.

They also never said anything about starting time being 1, 2, 3 or 4am
Time flies
Moody people
Munkahelyi kultúra
Absolutely overworked on a daily basis. Management takes advantage of the CCA position as much as they possibly can. During the holiday season (between Thanksgiving & New Year's) it's understandable, but not so much at other times of the year.

It's entirely impossible to plan ANYTHING, even something as simple as a doctor's appointment. If you are scheduled a day off, prepare to be put on the schedule the night before. You can also be called the morning of a shift and be told you're not needed that day after all. Also, management is only supposed to work CCAs a maximum of 7 days in a row, but you really have to keep track of that yourself, because they will work you as much as they can get away with.

The job itself isn't bad. The other carriers in my station were kind, friendly, and helpful. The scheduling (or lack thereof) is what drove me up the wall and eventually caused me to quit. I don't have a busy life outside of work (no kids, etc.), but the fact that I could not plan ANYTHING was too much for me.
Pro érvek
Getting paid to work out.
Scheduling.