United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Madison, WI

25 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 138 értékelés megtekintése
5,0
Hard work but interesting
CLERK (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, szeptember 16.
I enjoyed my time at usps. I was hired on as a clerk and was rotated around to just about every work station at the plant. It was hard work from unloading trucks to sitting on a forklift - but I was never bored!
I really liked my immediate supervisor as he worked harder than anyone there. He was a natural leader and inspired everyone to follow his lead.
GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
DOING MANDATORY OVERTIME WHEN I WAS EXHAUSTED
Munkahelyi kultúra
Things could be run a little differently.
Mail Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, szeptember 12.
Its a pretty fast paced, stressful, and dirty job.

Typical day for me begins with sorting any mail in the station which includes: presort, flats, DPS, parcels. While I am taking care of that I also answer the customer window and help carriers that need anything for their routes.

Once all the carriers are out on the road I start my daily accountable tasks which include: sorting and dispatching any outgoing mail. Processing nixie and forwarded mail though RFS. Collecting any outgoing mail for Fed-ex, UPS, and Amazon. Sort and file Certified letters, Registered mail, Expresses, and Parcels.

At the end of the day I check in all the carriers and their accountables, put away any of the above listed things if they could not be delivered. Dispatch any mail left to the dock to be taken to the plant. Secure all money and accountables at end of shift.
the pay
Kontra érvek
the lack of communication/ being overworked
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
physical, face fast pace, stressful
Postal Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, szeptember 7.
Not hired as a permanent employee when you start. Could take 110 days up to a year or more. While not being a permanent employee expect to be told when to come into work and when to leave work. You do not have a guaranteed time you get off of work. anywhere between 6-7 PM. Short on carriers. No work life balance. 66+ hours a week and you work 6 days a week. Only two holidays off a year while you are not a permanent employee. Some of the management is disrespectful to their employees. Everyday you here the negative you do, but never the positive. Very fast paced and very physical job. You walk approximately 10-14 miles a day. You work in any kind of climate. I left because I was disrespected.
overtime pay checks
must finish a route in 8 hours then they add more work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Unlike any other job...
Career Mail handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, szeptember 7.
Working for USPS is generally a great experience the compensation and benefits are outstanding if you're willing to put in the hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting our customers the things they want and often need that today's online marketplace offer.
Pro érvek
Great health benefits, good pay and stable employment
Kontra érvek
Long hours especially for new hires and associate employees
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Rural Letter Carrier
Rural Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, augusztus 3.
I enjoyed serving the interests and needs of the postal customer. I did love the organization and the opportunities I had with service. I loved the fact that I had a Postal Issue Vehicle to perform my job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Challenging but rewarding position
City Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, május 25.
Hard position to get. Must be organized, quick learner and pay attention to details.
Must be willing to work in ALL weather conditions...maintaining saftey through it all.
job security
Kontra érvek
someone is always calling in sick
Easy work overall
Tractor Trailer Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, május 18.
I entered directly as a career appointment with full benefits. There was a lot of specifics to the work, but overall it was not difficult. If you can play the game and follow some stupid rules without getting bent out of shape it's a nice position to have.
Great overall benefits
Horrible
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2019, január 4.
You are hired as "part-time" yet work 50-60+ hours a week. You need to purchase a vehicle within 90 days otherwise you are fired. You do not receive any benefits because you are a "sub" Did not anticipate the post office to be this way. STAY AWAY
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easiest hard job I’ve ever had
Postal carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, november 12.
Working for the postal service was the most stressful job I have ever had. The job itself was easy and people are always willing to help you. The work can be hard on your body and mind.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and high stress
Sales and Service Associate (SSA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, november 9.
Working for the United States Postal Service is a high stress and faced paced job. I like the job. I like a fast paced environment, however there are lots of hours to work and they are not afraid to give you 60 hours a week every week.
Great compensation
Work a lot of hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
New
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, október 3.
Hard placement. Rough work. Cut throat and fast paced work. Little to know training. Difficult to learn when they expect you to know what you don't know at all. Never good enough regardless of pace or time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Antiquated with the work load pushed off onto the employees
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, augusztus 3.
If you can make it to full time the job is great. However getting to full time is a grueling process. As a RCA or rural carrier associate in the Madison area you're expected to be on call everyday, however you will not be on call but actually working everyday. With in the first two weeks of working I was directly told I would have 23 days in a row with no days off scheduled.

Actual on route experience consists of three days on route running before going out entirely on your own and expecting to do the full route in quoted time, which is often a mark even the full time carriers cannot reach. Which causes severe accuracy issues in many offices. A concern which is never addressed, merely pushed off indefinitely to the next day. My initial experience with the post office was quite dated, easily fifteen years ago, but in relationship to the modern version the aspect of customer service is all but dead. Which is an aspect that is never addressed by management, instead they opt to tell you to constantly go faster.

Packages and parcels have become a mainstay of the Post Office but the logistics mechanisms used to process them are wildly outdated and represent the model the Post Office used twenty years ago when the parcel volume was maybe ten percent of what it is now. Like the accuracy problem this is never addressed and the clerks and carriers are merely told to work faster and harder rather than any updates to the system being implemented. This has spilled over so far that RCA's are required to work every Sunday to do parcels. So while management is constantly harping to go
  több... faster and take less hours, they will instead gladly pay RCA's five to eight hours every Sunday instead of implementing a better system or new logistics.

Everything from the systems in use to the vehicles themselves are antiquated and all of the pressure is put onto the employees. In the event that a perspective employee has no outside life and is accepting of the idea of working all the time, then I say go for it. However if you enjoy work life balance at all, I say look elsewhere.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Decent pay, hours always available for those who want them
Kontra érvek
Poor management, old equipment, unrealistic work expectations.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Stressful, good pay
City Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI 537112018, július 8.
Very stressful place to work. Lack of work -life balance. The benefits are good but management will expect you to drop your plans to work even if they are made in advance
Benefits, time off.
Management, treated poorly
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced, somewhat monotonous, most supervisors are friendly
PSE (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, július 5.
If the supervisor doesn’t like something about you you will get transferred when there is an opening at another station.
Some of the people are great while others are temperamental. You can be ignored if you ask a question or answered promptly.....depends on who you’re trying to speak with.
I was told full time 40 hrs a week now it’s not with your position it’s 30 or under per week. I was also told M-F, nope it’s 6 days a week, which includes every weekend.
They also never said anything about starting time being 1, 2, 3 or 4am
Time flies
Moody people
City Carrier Assistant
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, február 1.
Absolutely overworked on a daily basis. Management takes advantage of the CCA position as much as they possibly can. During the holiday season (between Thanksgiving & New Year's) it's understandable, but not so much at other times of the year.

It's entirely impossible to plan ANYTHING, even something as simple as a doctor's appointment. If you are scheduled a day off, prepare to be put on the schedule the night before. You can also be called the morning of a shift and be told you're not needed that day after all. Also, management is only supposed to work CCAs a maximum of 7 days in a row, but you really have to keep track of that yourself, because they will work you as much as they can get away with.

The job itself isn't bad. The other carriers in my station were kind, friendly, and helpful. The scheduling (or lack thereof) is what drove me up the wall and eventually caused me to quit. I don't have a busy life outside of work (no kids, etc.), but the fact that I could not plan ANYTHING was too much for me.
Pro érvek
Getting paid to work out.
Scheduling.
horrible
Assistant City Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2017, október 15.
Worked long hours, no appreciation. Often told too slow, managers pick on you and work you like a dog. Advancement wasn't promising. Walked insane miles per day.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
liked position not enough hours
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2017, augusztus 28.
I was only part time and a call in and I needed a full time position so, I needed to look elsewhere but liked my job and people. I wanted to be a carrier or work out front at the service desk.
benefits for fulltime
hours available
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
not what you think
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2017, május 16.
great pay. very bad supervisors. they will most likely fire you before your probation is over. no protection for cca's. do not sign up for the union. they can not help cca's that are on probation
good pay
bad supervisors
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unbelieveably disorganized, below zero morale
PSE, Postal Support Employee (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2016, május 15.
Pay is great for a part time job. The job itself, though physically demanding, is fairly simple. But don't expect to be able to make plans or have a life while in any sort of casual or non-permanent position.

Management has no clue what is going on on the workfloor. Many of the people in management or supervisory positions were never a clerk or actually did the dirty work of distribution. They come in in the morning and do what they have to do about carriers, getting the mail out, and meeting numbers. They do not communicate with each other either, especially about schedules. There is no proactivity by any person in charge. Only reactionary; crisis management=work your clerks harder. Rarely is there any show of appreciation.

The majority of the clerks (and carriers) are disgruntled, understandably, so morale is in the toilet. Casuals, or non-permanents, are often treated with disdain by permanent employees who, I imagine, feel we are the reason the USPS has become so unpleasant a workplace. This is of course a generalization, not every permanent feels or acts this way. They are the ones who are great coworkers.

In conclusion, I find it unbelievable that the mail is able to be delivered each and every day, with the lack of organization and accountability that goes on behind the scenes. I am searching for something else every day and cannot wait to get out of there.

I would like to add, USPS carriers have an unbelieveably difficult job to do every day, what with delivering the volume of mail and heavy packages they do, in any and all weather and conditions. They deserve
  több... more money and respect as far as I'm concerned.  kevesebb
pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 32Nem 1Jelentés
Fast paced
mail handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, Wi2015, augusztus 13.
enjoyed my job and some of the people i worked with. Though everyday i was told was repetitive, there was always something different going on. Weather related issues could change the flow of inbound or outbound mail. If someone was out sick this changed how much more quickly we had to work. Repetitive yes, but always fun and a challange
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 23Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van