United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Lincoln, NE

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Lincoln, NE26 értékelés
26 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 568 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging job, variable hours and work environment.
The post office I worked for had high expectations with minimal training. The workplace conditions are a tough challenge, but barrable. Co-workers are friendly and helpful, and management is clear on expectations. The day to day work is repetitive, but as a city carrier assistant your routes constantly change making completing tasks difficult. The schedule is variable, and early on you can get called off often making retention more difficult. Career positions have decent pay, and good benefits, however work life would be routine with very little challeng.
fun to work at
I really like working there. you got to move around your entire shift and in the first month i was there i lost twenty pounds. I wish i was able to still work there
You have to be fast
Because I was not fast enough for management they fired me. And as a former sergeant and supervisor rushing can cause accidents. Employees should not be rushed due to mistakes can occur and accidents
They're garbage
They're horrible in every way! Horrible supervisors and managers. Nobody cares about anything there. They allowed a man to fall asleep driving a forklift and he faced ZERO consequences for it. They're a joke.
Munkahelyi kultúra
stressful and i felt unappriciated
Maybe it just wasn't for me but it was a horrible job for my self esteem. I would not recommend it. they seem to need lots of help and then they are unappriciative of the help they get. they just always want you to be faster.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Automation Cleric
I would feed the mail into a machine that would separate it out into carrier order. Also sorted mail and sorted parcels and worked various positions throughout the building.
Enjoyed the coworkers
Management is very poor, they have no idea of the legality of employment, most managers are under educated and have no idea of human behavior. There are no positive methods used by management to control the behaviors of the employees. It is truly a sad state of affairs since they are a Federal employer.
The benefits are fantastic
Kontra érvek
Management is very inept from top to bottom
Poor management
Company does not allow you to have family life. Requests for days off, no matter how far in advance, are usually denied. Work 6 days a week with no guarantee of holidays off. Poor management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long story short, only work here if you're single with no kids.
They expect you to drop everything in your life when you get hired here. You have no family, no children, sit by the phone on your days off in case they call. And they'll give you four to five days off in a row. It's unorganized. They do not care about you as a person.
review of usps
management and union walk hand in hand. most supervisors have personality defects. the workers move the mail regardless. there are a lot of catch 22s. no real training of new employees. attention is no longer in the details. work has really dumbed down over the years, no challenge. I used to be proud to work at USPS, but no longer. their new deal is to hire temp workers with the promise of possible permanent position, only to lay off (FIRE) after eighty-nine days.
paid to exercise
Kontra érvek
the usual business practice of nepotism and cronyism.
Poor Management
Management did not understand the requirements for the specified job duties. Management expected to deliver more mail/parcels outside the time expected to deliver mail.
Very stressful management position
Working in a union environment is difficult enough; without having upper management constantly down your throat. Upper management tended to be less educated than you would find in the private sector. They do not know how to deal effectively with people and were basically trying to justify their jobs with tended to be very top heavy. I personally would not want anyone I know working for the Postal System.
Pro érvek
Great benefits and retirement packages
Uneducated management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard, but potentially rewarding job
I never appreciated how hard it was to be a mail carrier with the US Postal Service. The sorting of mixed up mail was very challenging, especially when substituting for another driver's route. You have to be fast and accurate both in sorting and in delivery. My hat is off to the mail carriers of the US Postal Service.
Pay, benefits
Stress level
Munkahelyi kultúra
a good job if you can pass the parole time
This job is difficult to start, you will be over whelmed, I thought I was improving every day, wasn't to the time standards which you should be tested at sorting mail, time it takes you prepare and deliver your mail. I was not tested to standards but you can't say anything before your probational period. my experience is the management did NOT have to prove that you were not making the standards by testing if they felt that you were not to what they wanted you were done. If you do everything your suppose to and improve every day and not break or cause damage to equipment and the management felt that you were not to there standards you will be given two choices resign or Terminate.
great benefits
management not accountable
4,0
wqc
good company to work for flexible schedule solid supervisors you decide how far up the chain you want to climb. you make your own decisions. great company
4,0
good paying job
fast paced and somewhat stressfull, but once you get the hang of it it slows down. the job itself isn't difficult, and there are opportunities for advancement if you want them.
good pay, decent hours
some leadership faults
Lack of hours as an RCA
I just did not get enough hours to survive as an RCA. They only had me working weekends. The work was fast paced and stressful. its hard to get the job done fast enough and when you ask for help, everyone gets really annoyed.
lack of RCA hours
USPS Review
Advancement opportunities. Started as a Christmas Casual clerk took early retirement after working my way up to Customer Service Supervisor. I enjoyed working with the postal service for 15 years.
Pro érvek
Good benefits and 5 weeks off/year.
Kontra érvek
Long days. Eliminated my position and moved the mail to Omaha.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good pay, good co-workers, no time off and it's a long time to make regular.
The post office makes no qualms lying to you off the bat. This is easily a 50-60 hour a week job. You will always work Sunday. You might get a 6 day work week, but management will still figure out ways to minimize your OT. Join the union, but they can't do much for you until you make regular. You will assuredly be at odds with management
post office
Get to the office, clock in with the rest of the teammates, check over the vehicle issued to us for that route, case in the mail, supervisor comes around and tells us how much letters we are carrying for the route for that day. Organize the parcels for the route, and deliver all the mail. Help others if needed on their route also. The hardest part of the job is working 6 days a week. I do enjoy the customers, and meeting their satisfactions.
lunch, benfits, customers
to much work
United States Postal Slavery
Management staff horrendous and unfair. Just because they hire from within doesn't mean they have to scrape the bottom of the bucket for Management. Very unprofessional. Was told not to help customers with difficult situations and was reprimanded for attempting to go above and beyond the call of duty. Was afraid to try and use vacation time for fear of being fired. Thankless work environment with everyone viciously trying to find flaws in their coworkers to get the upper hand. Overall very unpleasant work experience.
Pay
Terrible Management, negative environment
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés