United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Lansing, MI

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Lansing, MI32 értékelés
32 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 430 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office offers great compensation for the job duties performed it’s just that the overall job culture needs improvement! I would still highly recommend anyone considering working here to apply!
Great Pay, Benefits
Job Culture, Work Life Balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
It takes a long time to be a “regular employee”. There are a lot of “old timers” who definitely take their time doing their jobs and then you have to stay and finish their job because they have a different contract. Ok pay but they work you like a dog.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Offers a variety of different jobs. Room for advancement to hiring paying jobs. Very fast passed. Excellent place to have a career. Great insurance and benefits.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The benefits and pay are the best part of the job. You have to deal with work challenges that come from both fellow employees and management. If you are looking for a great paying job with benefits, this is ideal.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor management. If you have children this is not the job for you long hours you pretty much work from sun up to sun down. If your arm is broken they will ask you if you can deliver with just one hand.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have no life, spend zero time with family and go to work and get treated like a robot rather than a human being. supervisors are placed in to roles with zero education or training and treat lower level employees like garbage. you will work till they let you go, which if they dont like you could be as late as 10pm. you will never go home to enjoy the sunlight. and you will work 7 days a week, YES SUNDAY TOO>
pay
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although I put in a lot of hours on a weekly basis for the Postal Service I enjoyed my job a great deal. It gave me the opportunity to do a myriad of things and I got to met and work with a great number of fantastic people. And you were pushed at times by our superiors but or the most part it was enjoyable to work with the people I was associated with.
Pro érvek
Gave me the freedom to manage as I saw fit.
Kontra érvek
One day I was working too many hours the next I wasn't there enough for them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very busy every day. Must be ready to work. most work is on night
shift so you must change you sleeping schedule and habits. Most

people are good to work with. Can be hectic with daily deadlines to meet.
good pay and benifits
very physically demanding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
..but not if you have a family or any sort of life outside of work. As a RCA or CCA you are a nobody who is expected to work anytime they call. Frequently 7 days per week. You do not get paid time off, management changes almost monthly, and many of the full time folks couldn't care less about you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the job. The best part was being left alone to do your job. You know more than anyone else what it takes to keep customers happy. Day started at 8:30 am and ended at 6:30 pm.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love this job. The only reason iam not employed there is the department I was working in moved and I was asked to relocate and there for I had to take a layoff.
alot of breaks
the weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my job as a city letter carrier. The only problem was the boss treated employees very bad. She would actually yell and accuse of wrong doing that didn't happen, in order to get more work from the emplooyee.
Pay
Poor Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job doe not care about their employers. Treat people as if they're disposable and animals. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.The job itself is ok but management makes u want to quit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would never work for lansing managment ever again. city carrier assistant. Poorly managed, don't care about your well being. nothing enjoyable working at the lansing location.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my 27 yrs at the US Postal Service my favorite position was Expediter. As Expediter I was in charge of the Tour 3 dock, logging in-and-outbound trucks. The myriad of people and personalities and friendships/kinships were great and fascinating.
My last position at the Post Office was Sales Associate/Zone clerk. It was the first time I was actually exposed to the public. I had always considered myself a 'behind-the-scenes' kind of person and dreaded dealing with the public. Much to my surprise, I found dealing with the public to be refreshing!

The most important thing I learned was not to argue for my weaknesses, they're doing fine on their own. I tried to make managements vision my own and tried to be part of the solutions and not the problems.

The hardest part of the job was getting out of the bed at 2:30 - 3:30am, split shifts, working weekends, nights and holidays.

The biggest problem I had with the USPS is the animosity between management and workers. The division of labor and revolving supervisors added to the confusion, lack of continuity, and created a tense - uncertain work environment.
The people
The attitudes
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned from USPS in 1971 and enjoyable part of the job but want to look better job and become promote myself as manager.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
After 32 years of federal service, I'm ready to retire, and move on. I was told the plant was closing so I switched to be letter carrier.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay was the best part, work life sucked, and all those in charge shared a brain cell that was malfunctioning. There was clear race divisions, creating a hostile work environment.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
First off I'll start this review by listing the steps I took to get the position of PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Seasonal):

Applied on USPS website

Took online assessment - WARNING!! Your results from this assessment factor into your overall score. Your overall score determines seniority. Don't be too perfect or it'll lower your score!!!! Be truthful.

After taking the online assessment, you're invited to take Exam 473 which you schedule at the nearest location. LOOK ONLINE for practice tests!

After taking Exam 473 you will get a score emailed to you soon after. The higher your score the better chances you have of getting rehired!

Wait a couple days for an email inviting you to take a drug test and consent to a background check.

When those are completed, wait for the email inviting you to do an interview.

If hired you'll hear within a couple days via email about when orientation is. Orientation is usually 2 - 7 days (8 hours a day) depending on which position you apply for.

Now onto my review...

Working for the USPS was a nightmare. I was hired in November 2015 along with about 15 or 20 other people. We would be told to come in at a certain time and, because of lack of things to do, we were usually told after 2 - 4 hours to go home. This happened for several weeks. On average, I got around 15 to 20 hours per week. It was embarrassing coming home after "working" for 2, 3 hours at a time...

Some days I'd come in and there'd be no supervisor present to let myself and my fellow coworkers know what we had to do. We would wander around looking for someone
 - több...
Pro érvek
Pay was decent, night differential for time worked between 6 PM and 6 AM, I met some really good people, the experience of working here was good
Kontra érvek
15 minute breaks, lack of supervision, lack of communication, disrespect from the higher ups
Munkahelyi kultúra
depending on the position you are in and if you suck up to management you will be over worked and underappreciated. Will realize some people do not deserve their pay checks because you will do their work for them at half the pay. no vacation even tho they give you hours to use they never approve them. 55+ hours a week, which sounds good until its every week and you get burned out and no time for family. lazy co workers and everyone is out to get everyone to make them look good. also full of empty promises with advancement
pay checks were good
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love this job because I got out and interacted with people. I would talk to my customers, I worked as a Rural Carrier Associate and as a City Carrier at the same time, bringing home 2 paychecks it was Great! As a rural carrier, I drove my own car to deliver the mail and it was great. No supervision, just do your job and go back to the plant when done but while on my routes, I met some great people. I saw the most beautiful homes and I even delivered mail to Magic Johnson's mother's house. I enjoy meeting people and this one of the best jobs I've had.
Pro érvek
Excellent pay, great benefits, a fun and rewarding experience
mandatory 12 hour days 7 days a week during holiday seasons