United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Jamaica, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Jamaica, NY52 értékelés
52 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 851 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is the easiest thing to accomplish. Everyone is very clique-ish from management down to clerks and mail-handlers. Pay is meh and it changes depending on what grade you are. I was a level 6 but because I used certain equipment to complete tasks I was paid as a level 7 for that task only. You accumulate paid leave by how much you work. I think every pay period you’re awarded a day or 8 hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work for me was handling all mail going out of the facilities. I learned how the mail is process overseas and interstate. Management was done very professionally, the goal is to process the mail and make sure that is delivered to its destination on time . As for my co-workers, we worked as a team, we helped each other.
the hardest part of the job, was transporting the mail in very bad weather, such as heavy snow. My most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that at the end of the day, the job was done efficiently, also, having team players, as we pulled together to get the job done.
good health benefits
Kontra érvek
very long driving distance to place of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Remove heavy bags from cargo bins at airport
Conquer tasks as they appeared

Assist co-workers with their job duties
moderate pay
heavy workload
Munkahelyi kultúra
Well a typical day at work for me is receiving all of the mail, sorting it out, transferring it to different facilities. also, helping out my supervisor with various other projects. I learned to be a team player, how to further use my iniative skills to be a great worker and leader. my management was excellent in assisting me with any problems or concerns i had. my co-workers were a joy to work with, very upbeat and pleasant. the hardest part of the job was sometimes having to meet the deadlines and sorting out the other mail. most enjoyable part was laughing and joking with my co workers
great benefits, friendly people
Munkahelyi kultúra
1) A typical day included preparing my assigned route properly, and in a time efficient manner. Then loading my vehicle and proceeding to my section of town and delivering the route.
2) What I have learned is about work efficiencies, time standards and most of all, customer service.

3) Management is currently in a quandry due to Congress passing the PAEA which mandates that the Postal Service pay $5.5 billion into a reserve acccount for employees not even hired yt. Many have called this a naked political attack on the Service to make it go into default to privatize it.

4) My co-workers are far and away the most vocationally driven group of people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Their exemplary efforts to prevail with the core mission is heart warming and professional. I would hope to work with a group such as this in the future.

5) The hardest part of the job in the last few years has been conflicting orders and policies from upper management that have reduced staffing to the point where the regular workforce is working 8 to 14 hours a day on an everyday basis. Due to the duration of these policies the morale and "gung ho" of the workforce has been depleted and the efficiency and productivity been reduced substantially.

6) The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are able to help each other out and when we are able to resolve customer issues ourselves, or contribute towards that end.
Pro érvek
vocational attitudes toward the job, and talking to customers in the street that appreciate our dedication.
Kontra érvek
political interference that contributes to disharmony
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very strenuous and labor intensive with little to no benefits for incoming employees. The USPS is going through hard economic times and their hiring practices and policies are truly suffering.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was appreciative to have a job after being laid off. I learned that even the smallest job can have impact. Overall it was a great experience
work availability
no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
learning the mail system was extremely interesting and the pay was great
night differential
not haing a car to get home after 5am
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loaded and unloaded bundles from postal trucks.
Sorted and processed mail by zip code destination.

Cancelled postages and repaired packages.

Distributed mail to designated areas within the facility.

I had two supervisors, who oversaw the daily duties of mail handlers.

My co-workers were helpful and supportive,
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supportive environment. Convenient location. Enjoyed supportive supervisions.
Excellent managers
Busy friendly work environment

co worker were very productive

The ability to have upward mobility
great
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was an easy job but it was tough on your feet and back. I worked 6pm to midnight as a Christmas casual. I was required to stand in front of a machine where mail was dropped from above, and we had to pick up each piece individually and drop it in a slot to cancel the postmark. I also sorted the mail in a prime by zip code.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés