United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Jamaica, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Jamaica, NY52 értékelés
52 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 853 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is the easiest thing to accomplish. Everyone is very clique-ish from management down to clerks and mail-handlers. Pay is meh and it changes depending on what grade you are. I was a level 6 but because I used certain equipment to complete tasks I was paid as a level 7 for that task only. You accumulate paid leave by how much you work. I think every pay period you’re awarded a day or 8 hours.
The Postal Service is a Federal Government job
Truthfully, it’s a great place to work , the opportunities are endless

to move forward if you’re interested and willing to put the work

Diversity is the utmost, while you work hard it is also fun to work

Facility I worked for was a 24 hour one where people work different shift

Management was always willing to listen to you and help with any issues you may have,the

Oswald Service is un
Pro érvek
Good prices at the cafeteria for lunch
Kontra érvek
You clock in and out for lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
I jhad a very good experience working at the post office the only problem i had was the traveling the trains dont be working right on the weekend but othan that
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worse company ever. Low moral, no advancement and salary does not match New York living expenses. You pay for your benefits also, nothing is free. The buildings are old, might be full of asbestos, many co workers have died of cancer in the last year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience overall was amazing my mother did the same work before and I could share the same story with her because she told what to expect. Now I
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is no where close to what it can and it should be. For a government job it sucks! management is bias and they over work the ones that shows up and do their very best.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working there honestly. I was losing a lot of weight walking around nyc and the work is challenging but in a good way. When you’re casing the mail it can be a bit frantic but you get better over time. When you’re on the route, you’re by yourself so the pace is up to you. Just don’t take advantage because you will get fired for coming back late too often.
Munkahelyi kultúra
United States post office should hire more professionals with the right qualifications to build a better work environment for new and old employees. The post office has potential to become better if so
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is just terrible. Will not accommodate you by any costs. They do not care about you, they care only about the mail. If you get injured, it is on you. If you have to call out for an emergency, write up. If you are sick, write up. They do not care.
Munkahelyi kultúra
mail handler is a exceptional job because its busy enough to keep the time going by, there are some slow days and time periods but there is always something to do working at the post office
break times
Kontra érvek
the location i was at didn't give overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
After a two week period, [1 week of classroom training, 2 days of drivers qualification and 3 days of training one on one they stress you to be able to do sometimes the impossible, at that particular time. Even when you feel some progress they make it seems like it's not good enough.
Pro érvek
Good for young adults with no other job experience, good starting salary.
Kontra érvek
Stressful, very physical which is why I took it, not an permanent postion for anywhere from 1-3 years
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a great job when I first started, but as I got older and started to have children and build my family the empathy wasn’t there and wanted you back right away after having a baby. The managers did have favorites and would cater to them first before the rest of the staff. Very hostile work environment. Everybody is either in your personal business or trying to get into it. Lot of unnecessary relationships that effect everyone, kinda reminds you of high school. Pay was good, they offer overtime which is great too. The work load was hard especially if you have young children because there is not enough hours in the day for the sleep that you will need when your done with your shift. I was on the overnight shift from the moment I started and when I would try to advance or get a different schedule, either management was cracking down on giving their employees what they need or you had somebody with higher seniority taking the job. Even with my 13 years I couldn’t change or get anything, so I decided to move on. Great benefits though. If your young and looking to start a good career then I recommend working for them.
Pro érvek
Good benefits, good pay, overtime
Kontra érvek
Heavy workload, favoritism, hostile work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office was a decent place to work. The best part about working here is the job security and your fixed hours. You never have to worry about not getting enough hours. Management however was poor. They are very disrespectful towards the employees.
benefits/job security
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
good place to work, not too many days off. You have to get used to the way things are set up, if you don't then you will get lost in the shuffle. Just pay attention to what is going on and you will be fine
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Postal Service is/was a stepping stone for me. Working in the custodial/maintenance field is rough. We are understaffed and underpaid for our hard work. I would expect to be compensated lovely for my hard work due to the lack of hands we have to work with but we aren't. We are not offered much overtime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job requires a lot out of you for little in return. You have to have good mental strength to get through. You have to be able to adapt to whatever is thrown at you on a daily basis.
overtime
Kontra érvek
No personal life, very tiring
Mail handler
Sorted and processed mail in post office.

Sorted incoming and outgoing mail into mail rack pigeonholes and mail sacks according to destination.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
people order too much packages and too much junk mail with the regular mail which makes it harder to finish on time. the supervisors mistreat you, plus they use you as floater and send you everywhere(different stations) and you are not familiar with the area and find yourself bringing back mail late at night when its dark its beyond stressful .
good exercise
mistreating employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed with goals clearly set and attainable.My time there overall was challenging,enjoyable, and sometimes stressful. For anyone who
does not mind solid work, then it is a job that they should seriously consider.
Pro érvek
money can be made there and there is room for advancement.
Kontra érvek
More attention should be given to employees concerning their personal lives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very good place to work if you want to build on something, its easy, relaxing and no rush in working. Good job security, once you in your in unless you do something to get fired.';;;;;;;;; Benefits are great
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is an excellent place to work. THroughout the years I have learned a great deal about the cleaning industry and have become an excellent worker and disciplined as taught in the AirFORCE.
GOOD PEOPLE
Kontra érvek
BENEFITS
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés