United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Indianapolis, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Indianapolis, IN163 értékelés
163 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 812 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay poor management a lot of drama cliques and attitudes I worked at MPA very unorganized some employees don’t even do anything and supervisors are very rude
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging environment with unrealistic goals. Sales management come from a strictly internal operations background and do not understand real world sales.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I began working at the USPS as a Postal Assistant while attending Shortridge High School and the IUPUI school of Nursing. The Postal Service afforded me the opportunity to earn income while attending high school and college. After graduating high school and college, I worked as a surgical technician and the USPS, until I decided to make the USPS a career. Through hard work work and dedication one can work their way up the career ladder all the way to the Postmaster General.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had to deliver mail and parcels to residents in the local rural areas. Everyday was different and I enjoyed it. It was hard work and being in the environment was tuff but overall made me gain more work experience.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to be a very strong willed person who can take anything especially disappointments. It not easy to move up in any position unless your prepared to be exactly like the other terrible supervisors. They don't care about you or your life even though they act as if they do. Just be prepared to be very disappointed. You have to work every holiday and weekend.
Pro érvek
Good money if you dont have a life or kids
No phones, poor management
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a casual employee at the postal service you work as a fill-in work someone with permanent status calls in or walks off their work duties. You do not receive any benefits as a casual, and you are the lower spot on the totem pole. The benefit of this position is the experience in a production environment, dbcs machinery, and learning the mail process system.
Pro érvek
experience and learning the mailing process system
no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a PSE, I've learned commitment and teamwork are essential attributes for growth and opportunity within or outside the USPS.

As for the work itself, it's rather easy, but the body has to deal with constant repetitious movements for the entire shift. However, in time, you'll become accustom to the work physically, as well as, mentally.

And, yes, the mental aspect is the toughest part of the job. The hours are sometimes long, especially during Peak Season (Holiday season). And you could work on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day. But the good news, the Union negotiated Holiday Pay on July of last year for PSEs, so you'll perk-up once you see your paycheck.

Finally, the work culture has its moments. But what job environment doesn't have a clash of personalities? This is where mental toughness comes in. Do you job and do it well, and go home.
Pro érvek
Pay, benefits, and room for opportunity
Kontra érvek
Seniority-based and long hours (PSE)
Munkahelyi kultúra
In a heart beat if they asked me to come back I would. There was only one down fall for my job and that was I didn't get enough hrs. The pay was fare and nice i just needed more hrs and because the way my hrs were i couldn't get another part time job before my children go home from school.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day was 10-12 shifts 7 days a week! I learned that I am stronger than I thought I was. Most of management and employees very discouraged. The pay was pretty good. The most enjoyable part was trying to encourage my fellow workers.
pay per hour
long shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workers were always busy moving mail to it's proper place. Amazing to see mail everywhere but it would always get delivered to the right places. Enjoyed the competitiveness of my coworkers on the machines I worked on. We would see who would key the most mail at the end of the day. That's how we kept our numbers up.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ive been working here for 30 years. I have had a few different jobs here. The pay is good. Good benefits. Good retirement. There are for the most part three shifts. You can work at a station as a clerk or carrier, or work at a p&dc as a mailhandler, clerk, or maintenance. I would recommend working here.
Good benefits, good retirement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working there,,got along great with my supervisors,,,I actually miss it,,,,,retired earley due tp my spouses health,',,She passed away in June 2014
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a great place to work if you're going to a station. They do have a lot of changing in management and you don't know who to talk to with any problems. Just keep a union stewards number on hand.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there for 32 years, working 8 hours a day sorting the mail and then dispatching the mail to the customers. Making sure the correct mail was sent out to the customer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day for me would be to work at a SPBS machine entering zip codes for the various mail items to send then to their correct destination. The hardest part about the job was the mandatory overtime when you have a small child. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work independently.
great benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
this is a very great company to work with. I was able to help a great driver accomplish his daily deliveries in a timely manner. wish I could have, made a career out of this position but it was only seasonal position.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ups is a good job with friendly people very fast paced environment pay is good but you will be almost running back and forth 100% of the time your clocked in.
Pro érvek
free school good healthcare cookouts free breakfast sometimes
you can only work 3.5hrs to 5hrs a day 5 days a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed the benefits you get after a year at this place. It was night shift so it was hard to work in personal life. But the pay was amazing and outweighs a social life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical at the Postal Service can be pretty hectic but overall it is a good job for some people. It can be very mentally challenged and sometime stressful.
Pro érvek
Dont have management over your shoulder
The Wheather
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working here takes a lot of energy and right state of mind. I was happy to start working here, not knowing what I would find. What I found was pain and hard work which is fine but packages are too heavy for one person and the time they require you to do so.
Free Water
Surgery
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the Post Office would be to come in, Case my route and heading out on the streets. Normally I walk 10-12 miles a day depending on the weather. My co-workers overall is pretty sweet and don't mind helping me. The most enjoyable part of the day is going home.
Benefits, and breaks
Management, Weather, dogs
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés