United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Indianapolis, IN

156 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 128 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work and plenty of hours
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, szeptember 30.
It's a hard job with long hours and usually only 1 day off. You will definitely make plenty of money to be made at USPS if you are willing to put in the work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11NemJelentés
fast paced
Finance Supervisor of Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, szeptember 30.
customer interaction
no recognition, missed lunches
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS does not car about home life or employee work/life balance
Customer Service Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, szeptember 17.
After working for the USPS 17 years - 15 in management - I just found the culture of the Postal Service to be so toxic that I had to leave. From working 6-7 days per week up to 12 hours a day to higher level managers treating people without respect, I just had enough. I miss working with the craft level employees on the front lines, but I will never miss the way the job turned into the worst job I could have ever had for the USPS.
1 hour lunches, Great pay
Being treated without dignity & respect, 12 hours days
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful place to work, fast paced but fun to accomplish goals.
Manager and Administative Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, szeptember 7.
I retired from the U.S. Postal Service. Enjoyed all the different positions I had while there, but the most enjoyable one would be either manager or administrative specialist.
Pro érvek
Great benefits, pay and retirement
Kontra érvek
Seeing people that are not productive get away with it and the union protecting them.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
It pays the bills!!
Data Collection Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, szeptember 6.
I prefer not to elaborate any further about the United States Postal Service other than to say you can come get your job done, earn your paycheck, and go home.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful, rude and cut-throat work environment!
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, augusztus 30.
Would never recommend this as a job. Was so hostile I had to leave at the earliest opportunity. Older employees feel threatened by new employees and treat them as a threat. New employees feel so threatened they are prepared to step all over each other to "stay in the game". Very hostile environment all the way around! I filed several former complaints about one particular employee, but nothing was ever really done.
pay
Kontra érvek
hostile work environment, poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Mail Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, augusztus 16.
This is a great company that help you work for a career or help you be able to figure out what you want in life. Gold people and stable work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
work was fun; management unprofessional.
Clerk, Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, július 28.
work was stressful; learned to manage it. I try to see the good in all. Loved working outside and loved my patrons. Many times the management's expectations were unrealistic such as demanding you to carry the route in 8 hrs when there were 10 inches of snow on the ground.
good benefits
Kontra érvek
management had no people skills
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Good place to work.
Letter Carrier/Mail handler Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, július 12.
This was a good place to work. There was always extras hours for you to work overtime when you needed extra money. The only down side was the new contracts pay rates.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want a social life...beware
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, július 11.
I came into the Post Office as a letter carrier with so much ambition and determination to do and be the best that I can be. To my surprise, I had to work random hours filled strenuous situations on the street and in the office. The pay does not compensate for the amount of stress that this job will cause and the time away from family and friends.
no chance of lay-off
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast pace and good people
Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, július 7.
Is a very active place to work, sometimes is too much for the pay. There is people that just pretend to work and let the real responsible one do their job, I don't think they should be paid. Something I really enjoyed was the good people that do their job and still are willing to help you.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 3Jelentés
warehouse
PSE Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, július 5.
Decent job. Warehouse work. The job has intense hours. The pay is amazing. Some of the staff are rude. Overall a good job. Make sure to pack water for your day.
work place
Mail Handler (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, június 29.
The work place at the post office was sort of tough. I was only seasonal help and i did want to be promoted and receive a review but the supervisors were insisting that there were no reviews for anyone. When I went to the plant manager he stated that they were doing reviews. I feel like I was not given a fair chance to become apart of the team full time.
employees
supervisors
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and challenging work environment
Casual- Mail Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, június 28.
I've learned a lot in the two years that I have worked for the U.S. Postal Service. A typical day at the my job would be first meeting at the time clock or other designated area to have a plan 5. That is when the Supervisor gives us a brief summary of how much mail is left to be ran or processed after the shift before us leaves for the day. We process first class mail, then standard mail. Occasionally, Supervisors may need one or some of us to work in a different department.
Field Sales
Field Sales Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, június 26.
Challenging environment with unrealistic goals. Sales management come from a strictly internal operations background and do not understand real world sales.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is an ever changing and challenging workplace, due to being competitive and meeting budgeting goals.
Operations Support Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, június 16.
I began working at the USPS as a Postal Assistant while attending Shortridge High School and the IUPUI school of Nursing. The Postal Service afforded me the opportunity to earn income while attending high school and college. After graduating high school and college, I worked as a surgical technician and the USPS, until I decided to make the USPS a career. Through hard work work and dedication one can work their way up the career ladder all the way to the Postmaster General.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Great
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, június 7.
I had to deliver mail and parcels to residents in the local rural areas. Everyday was different and I enjoyed it. It was hard work and being in the environment was tuff but overall made me gain more work experience.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful place to work. Not family oriented
Mail Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, június 2.
You have to be a very strong willed person who can take anything especially disappointments. It not easy to move up in any position unless your prepared to be exactly like the other terrible supervisors. They don't care about you or your life even though they act as if they do. Just be prepared to be very disappointed. You have to work every holiday and weekend.
Pro érvek
Good money if you dont have a life or kids
No phones, poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my work history at the postal service I was a casual/temporary, meaning my position got renewed at my anniversary date if I was in good standin
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, május 7.
As a casual employee at the postal service you work as a fill-in work someone with permanent status calls in or walks off their work duties. You do not receive any benefits as a casual, and you are the lower spot on the totem pole. The benefit of this position is the experience in a production environment, dbcs machinery, and learning the mail process system.
Pro érvek
experience and learning the mailing process system
no benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
What I learned as a Postal Supplemental Employee
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, április 29.
As a PSE, I've learned commitment and teamwork are essential attributes for growth and opportunity within or outside the USPS.

As for the work itself, it's rather easy, but the body has to deal with constant repetitious movements for the entire shift. However, in time, you'll become accustom to the work physically, as well as, mentally.

And, yes, the mental aspect is the toughest part of the job. The hours are sometimes long, especially during Peak Season (Holiday season). And you could work on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day. But the good news, the Union negotiated Holiday Pay on July of last year for PSEs, so you'll perk-up once you see your paycheck.

Finally, the work culture has its moments. But what job environment doesn't have a clash of personalities? This is where mental toughness comes in. Do you job and do it well, and go home.
Pro érvek
Pay, benefits, and room for opportunity
Kontra érvek
Seniority-based and long hours (PSE)
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van