United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Indianapolis, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Indianapolis, IN162 értékelés
162 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 575 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work but hard work
Worked there for 3 years, are not family oriented at all. But was a fun fast paced job if you like to push yourself it pays well and you can get overtime if u want it
Pay, fast paced
Kontra érvek
Work manu days, work christmas eve late
Fun loving
A typical day we listened to audio books as we completed our data entry. I learned how the postal service sorted unreadable mail. We had little or no supervision. My co-workers were extremely nice. The hardest part of the job was for us to leave, when the job was cancelled. The most enjoyable part was we all brought food and reading materials to share during our shifts.
Great Environment
Kontra érvek
Job cancelled at end of the year.
Benifits
Fast paste work environment, great benefits, job security and great pay.
post office experience
I clock in and I'm assigned to work the lanes, I'm told what time to take my lunch if I'm being moved to a different location for the day. After I fufill my duties I go pick up mail or place packages in BMC's or APC's. I learned a lot about where certain pieces of mail go and where it is placed. I was taught how to load and unload trucks. I was taught responsibility, hard work. The management was ok some were meaner than others but, all of my supervisors got along well with me for the most part. My co-workers were good workers for the most part. You had your slackers, workers that went above and beyond, and those who worked just enough to get by. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to having your off day taken away and working for days/weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was some of the relationships I made with the people I was really cool with.
Pro érvek
good pay, opportunity to advance, left early on holidays
Kontra érvek
short lunch breaks, favoritism, gossip, constant threats of being fired in our meetings
worst experience
management is not knowledgeable and promotions arent given to those deserving but to those that has seniority
no life
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Post office main
I loved working here, the hours were nice, pay was great and also it was very productive, nice and easy work pace unless we had heavy mail.
Working at the Post office
Making sure every one knew their job assignments for the day. how to make sure that dispatches were out on time and no mail left behind.
As far as management they let their egos get in the way.I never asked any one to do anything I would not do being compassionate the hardest work was lifting 70 lb bags over my head. Meeting all types of people especially hearing stories about the war.
Pro érvek
Having a job and the experience it brought me
Having great health care
great environment
very great environment to work in . has a work out gym , just a very fun place
Munkahelyi kultúra
ok place to work if you do not have children
it is a great company or once was but the way it is set up the opportunities for advancement are far and few in my opinion the management is to busy struggling for power that hard working employees are looked over and unappreciated
discounts
management
sorting mail
Had to get mail out by a certain time each night. Just put mail with the correct zipcode.
productive fun work place
it was an okay job i just didnt like the fact the we barly had any days off
Independance
The work is self explanatory. You get a rhythm to what you're doing and it helps the day go by fast!
Hard working, productive
Working during this time I was a casual mailhandler. It was a fairly repetitive job. Instructed to operate machines and sort boxes of mail. Management is not the greatest in the post office but my co-workers are fairly nice and easy to talk to. We always worled together to get the job done.
Flexible schedule
A Good Atmosphere for working hard
I learned that in the workplace of the the Post Office that you have to pay attention to all details regarding mail and other work related things. My days at the post office were a little hard, because you have to stay up on certain procedures, and dealing with the co workers can be a hassle, but overall, the job was ok.
Pro érvek
Getting done with the mail on time
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, staying over alot
Going Postal
A typical day of work at this company was very demanding and tiring.
I learned that my body is stronger than I had ever imagined. I worked for a union so it was a little difficult communicating work issues or lack of work with authority. My co-workers were very helpful in showing me how the plant was managed. The hardest part about this job was the physical labor that it demanded. The most enjoyable part was that it was a government job that is admirable.
many hours to work
no benefits
Great working place
My day would begin by setting up my work station, collecting all the mail and parcels for the day and setting things up for house to house delivery on the street. Before going to my route I would pick up all accountable mail for the day, once on my route I would either collect postage due or obtain signatures for the items that I was accountable for. At the end of the day I would dump all collection mail get cleared for all mail I had signed for turn in my collection keys and get set for the next day. I have learned that hard work pays off and working together with my co-workers helps every one out including management this makes a better team. The hardest part of my job was weather. the most enjoyable would be my customers , helping my customers with any question they might have about the postal service ,are just lending a friendly ear my customers where like family.
busy
Honestly it was over all a busy mess. No one wanted to help train or help a new employee understand anything.
Fast Pace
Good pay but no family life. To much drama and it's not a good job for single parents with small kids.
Pro érvek
fun evironment at times and good pay
to much drama
Fun workplace
I learned how to process mail and meter mail. The hardest part of job is how management treats and talks to you. Plenty of overtime so you can achieve financial goals there.
Fun workplace
Temporary Assignment
Long Nights
During the time at the Postal Service, I was able to still go to school and such but the hours were very late and tiring. My favorite part of the job was the fact that they allowed us to listen to our music at work instead of just listening to the loud noises of the warehouse. This made the time go by fast in my personal opinion.
great pay
long nights
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WAS NOT ENJOYABLE AND IT WAS VERY VERY HARD AND UNCOMFORTABLE. I FELT LIKE I WASNT IMPORTANT AND I FELT LIKE I WAS BEING OVER WORKED. THE MANAGEMENT WAS CROOKS AND SO WAS THE CO WORKERS AND I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR A JOB LIKE THAT IF I HAVE TO FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE AND UNIMPORTANT
MONEY
EVERYTHING
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés