United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Indianapolis, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Indianapolis, IN167 értékelés
167 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 324 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay was good but if you enjoy having days off and free time dont work here because i was working 6 days a week 10-12 hrs a day. Other than that management is cool and its a good place to work if you want to make money
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management makes you insecure, stressful, valueless , hopeless, ......exploits your human self esteem ...working from Sunday to Sunday stressfully....
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Let me start off by saying this. If you’re looking for a job that pays decent to start, then sure, go ahead and apply. If you’re simply looking for a part-time job, this is NOT it. I’ll go into details about that later on.

It took me (and several others) roughly three (3) months from start (application submitted) to finish (first day training) to begin my/our career(s) with the USPS. You’ll be with several other applicants during the orientation/pre-training process.

Your first actual day at the office will consist of learning where things are in the office, the case and how to case, and eventually how to deliver mail. You probably will not deliver mail on your first day, you will watch the career carrier mostly. You’ll spend several weeks in training which will consist of learning the case, how to case, sort parcels, how to load your truck, and how to deliver the mail. There is so much to learn and list. You’ll be working quite a bit (I was working 3-5 days during my training period) during your training period.

Eventually, once you learn how everything works, and you’ve somewhat got a good grasp on what you’re doing, you’ll be thrown on the route by yourself with little to no assistance. Once the post office feels like you’ve got the basics, this is where you’ll have to be flexible. You will be working only one guaranteed day a week on your primary route when the carrier you’ve been training with is off. Other than that, you could possibly be off the next several days, or perhaps you’ll be scheduled on a different route in that particular office one day, or you’ll be
 - több...
Pay (for some) Good co-workers
Kontra érvek
Overworked, Unfair management/supervisors, No benefits yet they work you like a full-time employee, Lots of favoritism.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was with the post office for 5 years and I just quite in June. It’s a very stressful work place and management treats you very poorly. You get treated like horses. They will overload you with work and expect you to be back within 8 hours. Since the pandemic, we have not received higher pay or any form of a raise we are barely provided either hand sanitizer,, mask or gloves. They live to preach safety but give you the worst vehicles to drive. They suck in the snow! No air or heat! You get overworked. You can work months with no days off and they try to normalize it. They are ungrateful when it comes tour commitment to the job bc as soon as you need something in return like a day off, they will make a big deal. I could go on and on about the post offices. It is a horrible place to work if you have a family. Stay away! It’s on a decline anyway.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay poor management a lot of drama cliques and attitudes I worked at MPA very unorganized some employees don’t even do anything and supervisors are very rude
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked there for 3 years, are not family oriented at all. But was a fun fast paced job if you like to push yourself it pays well and you can get overtime if u want it
Pay, fast paced
Kontra érvek
Work manu days, work christmas eve late
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good paying job with great benefits and a pension after retirement and they’ll work with you if you have other activities outside of the post office. I enjoyed my time there
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post Office has been very good to me. No complaints here. Pay is great for being unskilled. Work isn't too difficult. Get adequate vacation and sick leave. Earn a nice, early retirement. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, if that's your thing. We are unionized so there is a great deal of job protection. I've always been treated well by management. Overall, a very good job. Happy to be here!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job to work for. Hard work, but worth it. Training was great. If you are a hands on learner, you will get through training with no problem. I would recommend for anyone to apply
Munkahelyi kultúra
we were challenged to be pro active and innovative to keep all of the equipment running during an operational tour.
we never wanted to hear "maintenance is to blame for any operational failure".
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mgmt is the pits. Nepotism is a big factor. Only wanted to work there for money and benefits to raise my son. I am a single mother. I lasted 34 yrs. I couldn't stay any longer, even though I was only 56 yrs old.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nothing applicable it just temporary it was only good for the seasonal work would have been nice to stay working permanently the work was easy not to hard
Munkahelyi kultúra
You spend 8 hours or more outside delivering mail. It is great exercise if you are up for it. Everyone likes the mail delivery person except dogs. The weather can cause problems.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are full time its hard to get rid of you. Even if you're disrespectful and mean your union will protect you.
A lot of micromanagement goes on but the managers are not protected from disrespectful employees.
Pay
Stressful, no family oriented
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the post office for a seasonal job. A lot goes on there and your typically going to start out working at the MPA. Management there wasn't very good as I didn't know all of the in and outs of my job description. And they will try to work you 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work environment is very stressfull. The work is physically demanding. If you go in working hard the supervisors will work the you like a horse while the union protects the lazy workers. Company politics is huge and advancement really depends on who you know and what you are willing to do for the position. The hardest part of my day is going to work and the most enjoyable part is going home.
Pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
Management incompetency, Permanent damage to my back.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is cool for this job, but if you have family, you will not have time to spend with them due to constantly worked. I worked here for 3 months and only received 3 days off
Munkahelyi kultúra
No life, lack of personal time all you do is work. Management is not concerned about getting the mail delivered in a timely fashion. Management is petty. Not really run like a business. They have a good old boy's club.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its pretty horrible. Management sucks. The unions are wishy washy at best. Pay is great if you want to work 7 12s during the holidays and 6 12s before you go regular. Depending on the craft, it could be 1 to 12 years before you get a regular fulltime position.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPIS was a challenging and engaging workplace, with no two days ever the same. I was able to work several significant criminal investigations during my career. Success as a Postal Inspector is completely up to the individual and how much they are willing to invest into the job. If not properly managed, this can lead to work-life balance issues.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is time demanding job. Has great benefits and pays decently. Opportunities for advancement and many programs to allow people to detail and try new things.