United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Harrisburg, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Harrisburg, PA61 értékelés
61 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 799 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a PSE night shift, we don’t have secured schedule, can come only work couple hours I be sender home, have to be a vary good and strong EE to succeed
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has up’s and down’s. Like anywhere you go. But if you do a good job and show others your commitment, you can move up very quickly. No where else can you legitimately become the boss of your boss in less than 10 years.
Upward mobility
Kontra érvek
Can be long hours, if that’s not your thing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Postal Service is not customer friendly anymore. It is run by managers that don't have a clue on how to manage. They do it all with a set of numbers that have been proven to be wrong.
Munkahelyi kultúra
to many promises made and none panned out after training had to sit around for a month to get called to work never had a sei schedule management had no idea what was going on . they need more communication and structure
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job has a lot to offer. You can advance from little to nothing to the postmaster general just by working there. No extra things required. I was very happy at this job and would be more than happy to go back.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company is the definition of hard work. You work 8hrs, plus overtime a lot of the time with loading, unloading trucks, sorting, and keeping up with paperwork. And they only reward you with a “pizza part” but ONLY if you made the Top 8.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall a good with excellent pay. Management just a bit unorganized very unprepared. This job is very good for ppl that don’t have kids and are willing to settle for the long hours and no weekends off type of job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
In your first 90 days you are not part of the union therefore they can do whatever they want wth you. Refusal to do anything in your probationary period willl get you fired. They can change your shifts, call mandatory 12 hour shifts at the end of your scheduled day. Move you to 5 different departments during a 12 hour shift. They do not give you the same standard breaks as the union workers. I sometimes worked up to 8 hours before I would get a 15 minute break. You are hired as a casual and led to believe that you can make career at anytime. They have instituted the 2.5 year policy. You won't see career before that timeline. For the first 2.5 years you are required to work 6 days per week and that will include Saturdays AND Sundays. Weekends off are given by senority. Also, you can not file union greivances against Management for the first 90 days and they will push you to your limits knowing that. They are forced to give union employees whatever they want so they take their anger out on the new hires.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Money is good. Have to wait over a year to become “regular “ to get full perks of job. First years, work 6 days a week. Then you will have 2 days off. Overtime pay is worth it. Can make up to 2,000 a paycheck with holiday paychecks. You will work 24/7 at first.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work environment is stressful and culture is depressing. Management is counterproductive to doing your job. Management does not understand job and is only concerned with numbers. Treat people poorly and with little respect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management varies between locations. Pay varies due to contract arbitration in previous years. Depending on the number of available substitutes, days off for less senior regular carriers are few and far between.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I only work here because of the retirement it offers. If they didn’t have it I would have left a long time ago. Only work here if you are okay with being micromanaged and can tolerate the management treating you poorly. Also highly recommend to join a union as fast as possible.
If you can last 30 years you will retire very comfortably
Kontra érvek
Micromanaged, high stress, opportunities open if they like you not because you are qualified.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job hate management. I barely had any days off I was working 8 days week no time for my family or friends.but every two week my checks was looking lovely
Munkahelyi kultúra
For my time working for and at USPS, I overall had a very poor and negative work experience. The work environment was extremely fast paced and work was rarely ever done on time. Work that was done was gone unappreciated. Staff including myself was poorly trained because managers were unqualified themselves. Management had little or less experience than some employees. USPS was always understaffed which put a heavier work load on the staff they had. I felt that i and as well as others were overworked, and that took time away from me being able to spend tome with my own family. It was mandated we work holidays, and work overtime as well those times. I’ve missed out on what should’ve been a special time on Christmas etc, which should’ve been memorable times. Instead it just brought stress and zero good times.
Good Benefits & Overtime
Kontra érvek
Poor Management, poor work conditions, poor shift hours & none family oriented
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible racist discriminated I will never work there again . I hate this job it ruined my life completely and lost alot of family and friends.i Will never work there again in my life.
Non
Alot
Munkahelyi kultúra
The last position I had was as a supervisor in the processing plant in Harrisburg. I worked over night and weekends usually 10 or more hours per night and usually 6 days per week.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor management engagement lacks any reasonable communication structure and to entangle in its own rules
Lacks the ability to properly foster employee development
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easiest part about the job was the work. It was a lot of heavy lifting and movement, but it was very light work on days that weren’t holidays. The worst part of the job was the management. They seem to hire people who weren’t properly trained and don’t care about their job, or their employees’ jobs.
Pro érvek
Annual time (paid time off). Healthcare. 401k. 40+ hours per week.
Management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really liked this job some co-workers aren't the best but the job it's self and the money was good. Two 15 minute breaks a half hour lunch and a 5-10 minute wash up before lunch and before end of shift
Money
People
Munkahelyi kultúra
They work you as much as they can while you are part time. When you go Full time the benefits seem great but after talking with veteran carriers, found out that no one retires with a clean bill of health. If you dont mind a messed up back, knees, wrists, hips...etc and never having a weekend off again then this job is for you.
Pro érvek
It's not the hardest job
Kontra érvek
It's not the easiest job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unloading trucks, sorting mail. Zip codes from around the country. My supervisor was nice, but the upper management was a whole different story. The full time people felt threatened. That I had a job.
A job
Kontra érvek
Hard to learn a lot on my own.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés