United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Greensboro, NC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Greensboro, NC145 értékelés
145 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 074 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Well my ratings were based off my job currently I'm sure the post office still has it's issues from when I was there last time so I wouldn't be surprised by them either just saying.
Pro érvek
With my job currently just job security
Kontra érvek
People here are only out for themselves
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have had a pleasurable experience working for the USPS. Some people have not though. However, in all jobs there are Pro/Con's. If the organizational culture fits your personal preferences then the USPS will be an awesome place to build a career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, great co-worker's, micro management when not needed reprimanded for asking about procedures and guidance for projects that ranged from 20K to 100K but not giving any insight when needed on budgets and transferring projects without an explanation from both sides for the transfer. Salary for the job responsibilities are a misnomer, they do not equal the day to day operations and what is ask of a Facilities Project Manager.

If you wanted to keep ahead of the work orders, invoices, proposals, hvac issues, hub works, e-buy processes, follow-up from the sites, e-mails you would have to work over time daily and not get paid for it but you were "reprimanded" on a monthly basis if your numbers were not up to the standards for the USPS.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is a stone age organization that would like the people on the outside to think its all roses and chocolates but its really a chaotic mess. You have management that are not skilled or knowledgeable in there job craft who then cause confusion among those who are. You have the management that promotes or hires career employees not based off skills but how well you like them. You have dedicated people who have been non-career employees for over 10 years who have no benefits, retirement which is very important....and these employees are non union and are considered headquarter ee's. I would suggest if you have to take this job don't stay any longer than you have to.
Pay is decent
Kontra érvek
NO BENEFITS ...except Marketplace Health Insurance offered to non-career employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced environment. The people are nice. Hard work. Provides an opportunity for overtime. Advancement is hard because there is a lot of competition for positions at UPS.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Expectations are made very clear during orientation. Very fair employer who respects the employees. Each employee has the opportunity to make it a better work environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked on a machine where I caught mail in bags and put them in a bmc. I dumped mail on the belt, load and unloaded trucks, used pallet jacks, and I sorted mail. I learned to really pay attention to where the mail goes and to make sure I scan everything that needed to be scanned. It was fairly a easy job, its just their schedule conflicted with my child daycare and I have no one who can help with that. And my chances where low on getting a bid job because of my seniority.
Pay and Benefits
Managment and Schedules
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sort mail in office and deliver that mail on street.
No problem with management

Work long house during christmas time of the year and get paid overtime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lack of respect from the majority of management, it's obvious they don't care. Suggestions are not incorporated. Office is dusty, no PTO for phone team, no sick leave, no vacation.
salary
Kontra érvek
Tied to phone, oppressive management, no team building or cross training for phone team!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ive been on and off with post office for a few years now and the job itself is good but demanding. I worked at the plant so those hours made it hard to balance my life sometimes. Being there for 10+ hours was easy though. You are always busy so that makes time fly. I think the company is very unorganized as a whole. Holiday help can be brought on as permanent but getting that communicated and confirmed was impossible. We stayed past our termination day so everyone in the building assumed that we were hired on until a week later we got let go when USPS are expected to convert a lot of employees over to regular, leaving so many unfilled positions. Management is crazy (for a lack of a better word). It's best to keep your head down and do your job and it should be smooth sailing from there.
salary, benefits
Kontra érvek
unorganization and terrible communication skills
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was very stressful and unorganized. The management was very disrespectful. Too many cheifs not enough Indians. Too many leaders no one to follow directions.
Overtime pay
Kontra érvek
Lack of training and communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is not people oriented. Half of their employees are not considered career. Meaning no benefits, vacation, paid holidays or sick leave. It’s not a very friendly place to work unless you are a career employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Postal Service job when I was their was long days of nights 12 hours. Work was none stop. You are placed where ever needed. I ran machines that sorted the mail using programs to sort the mail for the carriers.
N/a
N/a
Munkahelyi kultúra
Throughout the day I was in training to process,updated and maintained personnel transaction in support of the administration of Human Resources Programs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place is probably one of the toughest places that I've ever worked. Mandatory overtime, tough manager and tougher work. Not for those who want an easy job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in corporate for over 3 years, working long hard hours. When working postal and you have kids/family you can just forget about them because postal work comes before them ALWAYS! Bad management on ALL levels from cCrporate to HR to local districts including plants and distribution centers. They do not offer long term or short term disability! so after 20-30 years if you don't have a savings you could loose everything you worked so hard for. Overall great money but don't look for any advancement or rewarding opportuities
Great Pay, Benefits if Career
Kontra érvek
long hours, bad management, no time for family or vacation
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm grateful for the opportunity given to work in the Human Resources Field. It has taught me the ends and outs of working with and for internal and external customers.
Pro érvek
The ability to learn the basic craft.
Kontra érvek
Not enough room to grow.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learned several good things about working at such a large company but also learned some really eye opener things also. Other than that just a mediocre place of employment
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience with the Postal Service was positive. I enjoyed working with management to achieve their goals and their confidence in my ability to perform. I had great one on one with all my employees. I believed in teamwork which helped me to always meet the goals in my department. I retired seeking a new career and my next achievement for my life. The company had great incentives and offered outstanding benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you are looking for a lot of hours and huge checks every 2 weeks, this is the place. typical day would be SORTING through all types of mail no matter where you are inside the place. some areas are faster paced with no hangups and some are very slow and literally dragging your feet. the hardest part of the job were the hours..if you can work past 12am or 1am your set and thats not mandatory. however, they do occasionally announce mandatory overtime which is a pain because if you had or have something to do you can pretty much hang it up if your management isn't cool. the most enjoyable thing was finding the cool ppl to build with and getting paid
Pro érvek
learning how to process mail and getting paid
Kontra érvek
the hours and not so cool supervisors
Munkahelyi kultúra
On a daily basis repsonsible for answering calls concerning human issues. From FMLA. retirement concerns. Also responsible for adhering to quality and adherence metrics.
Remote Work
Career Oppotunities
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés