United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Goleta, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Goleta, CA13 értékelés
13 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 292 értékelés megtekintése
Good place to work!
Well it is a great place to work but hard work. Lot of mail and packages to deliver to get back to the office at a decent time. The pay is good but you wonder sometimes is it worth it. Your co workers are really nice but I can't say that about all the supervisors. You just have to obey the rules and understand them fully and ask questions. Overall I would do it again.
5,0
Nice
To far to drive other than that A 1 and was in the best atmosphere with tight co workers Management sucked and the Union was the best part about my employment there they make things easier for you.
Worse job ever.
Worked my butt off, lost 35lbs in 8 weeks. The absolute worse job in the world. They work you until you drop, or cry, or give up. Management gets off on making people miserable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful, poorly ran, bad work environment
I worked at the post office plant for 3 years. I was very overworked, stressed and treated poorly. The u ion was very little help. Management was not properly trained. The work itself was fine, heavy lifting, sorting, ect. Management made it absolutely unbearable. Some positive (hardly any) Good benefits and met a few good people.
Kontra érvek
Everything about the post office
Hard long hours
Work long hard hours. Different job duties. Required to work every Sunday. No specific days off. Stressful workload. Work faster to get more done. Work during lunch.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sexist favorite family oriented management
Sexist favorite family oriented management. All about who you know not what you do for the company. No equal treatment. If you got hired by the management you don't have to work. If you didn't know the managers previously they are very abusive physically and verbally.
money
everything but the money
wanted change
I had a good experience working there but needed a big change I wanted something different to pursue in a cheaper area and also it was stressful with the long commute and just did not feel like it was worth the money no more I prefer my health over money
good benefits good pay
Kontra érvek
too far commute area is way to expensive to live around work
Fast paced
You have to case mail pull down mail load mail and separate partials into trucks. Deliver all items in a timely manner. As soon as your done, help other carriers untill job is done.
Good benefits
Kontra érvek
long wait to become full time
fast paced
the day starts by sorting the mail. loading mail and partials in truck. start your route. contact supervisor as soon as your done. hardest part of the day is delivering more partials when finished with original route. the most enjoyable part of the day is going home.
good pay
long wait for full time
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long hours, high expectations, low morale
Simply, a place that if you have nothing else but time to work, its for you. Bad management leads to terrible scheduling and 13 day stretches where you can not even beg for a day off. You "suppress and depress" your feelings or need to see family in sacrifice to have an undisclosed opportunity at making the "regular" position. (Which is also mixed review within the company) A very abusive position to be held by anyone who is physically capable to do the work, mainly because the quicker and more efficient you are, the more work you get to do for others less capable with no extra incentive. I would NOT recommend this job to anyone I know and love unless they really need a good paying job that won't respect their personal lives. Tred lightly!
Pro érvek
Good entry level pay, reliable work, high hours
Kontra érvek
abusive scheduling, physically and mentally demanding, eventual good benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
The job honestly kept me in shape and it was fun, the coworkers were great, management could use a little sprucing up but they did the best with what they could. The only downside was working on graveyard shift working 6 nights a week and attending morning classes up to all day immediately after but the company was not at fault for that.
Pro érvek
good pay, overtime options for regulars, paid time off
graveyard shift
Union Job
It's a union job with the pros and cons that come with it. They can't lay you off and it's really hard to get fired. This means that your coworkers are unmotivated and low quality but you have great job security. Good benefits 5% 401K matching. 13 days paid vacation to start. Low stress. Working a graveyard shift is no fun. Promotions from the inside provide career advancement but this also means managers are low skill.
401K matching 5%
Night shift
Good and bad
If you need money, this is a great place for that. From November-May of last year I worked 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a day, and on graveyard shift. The pay rate was great and overall it was good (hard) work, a lot of heavy lifting involved. The high management was a tad iffy at times. Otherwise the supervisors were pretty great in my book, no complaints here.

Just as a side note: If you are a student they will work with you as best as they can which is great because they don't actually have to do that.

Overall my personal and professional experience with coworkers and direct supervisors I give them a 10/10.
Pro érvek
Pay rate for a student was great, coworkers, supervisors
politics, heavy work load
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés