United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Gaithersburg, MD

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Gaithersburg, MD32 értékelés
32 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 423 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would love to come back. Very nice enviroment.They were very hel[pful also the union stuck by its employees. They pay was great . Also the credit union was on time with many benafits
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They will try and work you to the ground! Management is very rude and unprofessional. The facility is disgusting. Keep looking for something else because the post office ain’t it I’m telling you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too many employees are working for post office, I want to move up but its hard to do because too many employees fighting for the position, not a good work place for me sometimes, an sometimes put on placement and not knowing why and not getting pay, it may
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
getting put on placement and not knowing why and stay off for some time with out pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are many opportunities for upward mobility within the united states postal service. In addition, the benefits are comparative with other companies.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay was OK, not great. Benefits are good. Management is clueless. These are usually people who have worked their way up the ranks, with no real backgrounds in management or even the department in which they manage. They lie, steal, and cheat at every chance they're given, so watch out. Other than that (which is a pretty big deal) the atmosphere is pretty laid back amongst the drivers. If the managers and supervisors like you, you're golden. Which, I guess, is the same anywhere else. Do your job, keep written logs, record EVERYTHING, don't sign anything without a shop steward present, don't trust anyone. If you're trying to move up, tell only those that absolutely NEED to know.
Pro érvek
Laid back atmosphere, tons of opportunity to "sleep on the job" while things are slow, drivers usually look out for each other
Kontra érvek
Hidden racism everywhere, rampant nepotism/favoritism, micromanagement bull
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have served at the Post Office for two Christmas seasons. I was hired to help with the bulk work expected for the seasonal rush. The first year, I worked really hard at a very face pace, doing whatever was asked of me, Most of the time was spent scanning voluminous amounts of priority mail as well as handling bulk magazine orders. I got to know the regulars" and my manger was very nice and reasonable to work for. Just know that if you come to work for the Post Office, be prepared to Work Hard!
Pro érvek
Lots of Overtime was available during the holidays
Kontra érvek
For holiday workers, ther overtime pay is the same rate of pay as your regular time. Long hours and lots of standing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in a fast paced environment helped me to improve my time management and organizational skills. The management were always willing to help and lend a hand when needed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for job security and benefits. Also working with diverse people of all backgrounds provides a great learning experience cultural differences and similarities.
Pro érvek
Great place to work for job security and benefits.
Kontra érvek
Very fast pace and demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
My duties consisted of pitching mail and packages into the appropriate slot. I worked the graveyard shift. I learned I was not cut-out for tedious work. Management was not as professional as I would like. Workplace culture was a factory environment. The hardest part was staying alert through the night. The most enjoyable was the salary.
Good salary
Factory Environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the post was always something new. The way the postal system work is fast and efficient if you have a good group of people to work with. Management can sometime have issues and show favoritism. You can not be lazy in the environment one person can mess up a whole operation. The culture of the post office remind me of high school. people in the post office usually work there until they retired so everybody know each other. The hardest part of the post office is just keeping up with the work when other people have work related issues. the most enjoyable part is just knowing that you got the job done
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
workplace
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day is flexibility. You have to be prepared to work different areas. Management has to have mail out by a certain time so expect them to micromanage and stand over you as they push you to get the mail out on time. The hardest part is the micromanaging, the job is not that complex so having management stand over you can be a bit dauntiing. The best part of the job are the people you work with and the benefits.If you are new you are scheduled to work every holiday. I mean every holiday. If you are full time you are given holiday pay. If you are consideredf casual you are scheduled to work no holidaypay no benefits. Most come in to job as casual or mha or pse so benefits are limited.
Pro érvek
BENEFITS
Kontra érvek
WORK ENVIROMENT
Munkahelyi kultúra
You knew what was expected of you as soon as you arrived at work, no surprises. The materials that you needed to perform your duties were readily available and if not all you had to do was notify your Group Leader or your supervisor. if you wanted to work overtime it was usually there for you and assigned in rotation according to seniority.
Pro érvek
No lay offs, job security
Kontra érvek
Had to commute 74 miles a day to get to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I began working in Washington DC as a ELR manager for oversight of the ELR departments in Baltimore, MD and Washington DC I no longer did arbitration's, or EEO, MSPB cases. I had to teach and manage their specialists. Work was tedious and I spent long hours on the road between both places.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place a work right now I️ am traveling from Clinton to Gaithersburg which is very far especially with traffic the pay can be better and more opportunities to grow within the company
Munkahelyi kultúra
They always advertise permanent position but once you get approved they may tell you that it's a holiday position. It's misleading and makes many people quit their jobs in hope that they got a better one.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
It;s difficult to get a regular job
Munkahelyi kultúra
you really have to be in shape to work there and you must be ready to work. there is never a dull working moment. every one there was very helpful and really worked as a team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for U.S.P.S. tremendously. The daily challenges and the camaraderie specifically. The commute was 60 miles each way. It could be 1 hour or 3 hours. Not good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Delivering mail on time to the residents without hesitation. Prepare for the next day at the end of the day.

Assist other carriers with their routes on an as needed basis.
Flexibility, diverse
Management, career moves
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervisors is okay within the USPS. But they are really not that knowledgeable about their own job. The people here are young! Some are mature some are not! Now the Gaithersburg Facility is nice! They are respectful and hard working!
Short breaks
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being watch like your being babysat
watching how long you go to rest room

picking up the slack for other co workers everyday

being disrespected in front of other people
pay same what good
Kontra érvek
your to old to be babysat
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
At one time was great place to work. Now it is extremely difficult. Demanding, pushy supervisors who only care about the production numbers. Treat employees like dirt. I worked there for 29 years and found myself unable to keep up with the demands of the job because of physical ailments and requested a reasonable accommodation so that I could continue working but was denied and was basically pushed out of the door.