United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Fort Wayne, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Fort Wayne, IN35 értékelés
35 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 467 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It a good job with alot of benefits. There is always opportunities for overtime work. The United States Post Office has offices located all over the country.
Pro érvek
Overtime is always availabe.
Kontra érvek
Have to deal with the weather elements.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are the only reason I stayed.OverallMy experience working at United States Postal Service gave me mental health issues.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This work itself for this job is ok, it's the expectations that are outrageous.I work 11 hour days average with zero breaks and no lunch. I am expected to get this job done in a little over 8 hours. Each day varies. Delivering all the packages in addition to the regular mail is what takes up your time. Some days are really heavy. You are not allowed to make mistakes either. You are expected to be perfect. Lied to at interview when told that you can have your own route in 1-2 years.
Nice co-workers
No breaks or lunch and working EVERY Saturday
Munkahelyi kultúra
One manager was wonderful. The rest throw you under the bus and want you to pay your dues with zero respect for your full efforts This is an on call 24/7 job. If your not scheduled, they'll say you are then write you up as MIA. Decent pay but you earn every penny. If you want no family/home time then feel free to try this out.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible management constant time-wasting practices Constant harassment from management All they care about is you getting your route done within 8 hours. And being available to work at a drop of a hat regardless of what's going on in your personal life. Pays well and good benefits because of the Union.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, the lifespan working experience was positive. I liked working with the company, was always positive and I loved the work. Had a few bad experiences that hurt me, but generally the work environment was positive for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bad. Scheduling isn't good. Work is extremely difficult, Management attitude is horrible, even the plant manager. They can't keep Employees because of the way they talk to you. Also, they have high expectations but never encouraging words for people that are doing there best.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Negative Management, bad work schedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There was a group of us hired in and told we were on a full time job. Then within 90 days they changed our job status to temporary and laid us all off. There was not option for insurance unless you worked for the company for a year and then if your job was eliminated and you had to relocate you would lose all of your time earned and start over with no years of employment at all.
Only the pay was good.
Kontra érvek
No insurance, no unemployment when we were told one thing and then everything was changed on us
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't work as a CCA unless you are willing to throw your life away for the next two years. You won't see your kids, you'll miss any important happenings- the work life balance there is non-existent. They will make no attempt to pull the wool over your eyes about this, either: people there wear it like a badge of pride. The retirement is AWESOME, the pay is competitive, and there's more overtime than you can shake a stick at. Even your supervisors are genuinely good people who try to make up for the fact that their superiors are slave drivers, but at the end of the day, CCAs are a commodity and not treated like people at the USPS. Ask any CCA you ever meet- many go WEEKS without so much as a single day off. If that sounds like something you want, go for it. A typical day: Go in at 8:15 am, organize mail, load your truck with said mail, and deliver it. When you're done with one route, there will surely be another you can go help on, and another, and another- until all the mail is delivered. You usually go home after 10-12 hours. The most enjoyable part: I say this so much that even I'm tired of hearing it: "I love what I do, I hate how much I do it." Supervision is minimal, the exercise is GREAT (you're gonna lose weight doing it, I guarantee it), and people have respect for postal carriers.
Pro érvek
Decent pay, great retirement plan, good exercise, low-no supervision
Kontra érvek
They will work you long past your breaking point, you'll become a commodity rather than a person, and you won't see your family or friends while you're a CCA unless they, too, work for the Post Office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Well paid but over worked. Regularly worked 7 days in a week. Never expect to get a Sunday off if you are a CCA. Pay is good for the job but management is constantly lost and sending you all over. Do NOT work here if you have a family or expect to plan anything in your life the post office will become your life. Very little opportunity for time off as well.
Pro érvek
Good pay, out on your own during day.
Kontra érvek
Horrible management, absolutely no work/life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place was the best place to have a career at. They pay great and you get great benefits. The coworkers and management are good to you. This place makes you feel like family. Fast paced work environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a temporary position at a Remote Encoding Center. Knew it was going to close eventually when I was hired. Wished it would have stayed open longer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As long as you are time efficient & provide to them, it is a good atmosphere. Do what you are told & deliver accordingly. Other co-workers seem to understand to help out when necessary.
Pro érvek
If you work efficiently; then no one is micromanaging.
None specifically
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent company to work for if you are interested in long hours and good paychecks. Great career potential and advancement. Good people to work with and enjoy as well as the work you do as a Postal employee.
Good pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal service is a conundrum. They pay you decent to basically sign your life away. The holidays are terrible. Management ia constantly which creates a vicious cycle of abuse. Between working long hours and coming home stressed and down, the money becomes pointless. A job that seems so lovely to have is not cracked up at what it is meant to be.
Money and benefits
Kontra érvek
Long hours no life modern day slavery
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked there for a couple years and I'm not fond of working in the weather conditions any longer. Supervision at my office is understanding and tries to work with you.
Benefits, pay
Kontra érvek
Weather, amount of work expected to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job at the post office! Unfortunately I want to move to Florida to attend school and was hoping I could get a transfer in time. However I am not sure that I can. So that entails me applying for other jobs that will still support and provide. I’ve been with the company 3 years and I have enjoyed every minute of it.
Pro érvek
Great pay, benefits, outdoors, and good staff
Hard work, stressfuk
Munkahelyi kultúra
The place is very unorganized. Management loves to play favorite to certain PSE. Management is very scared of the union. You will learn several positions in the facility. This is not a employment for someone who has small children. You have to be very flexible at this facility each day & night. You barely has a the weekend off. You make sure is this job just ONLY seasonal for the holiday, they might tell you it is 360.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Union, management, have work every weekend
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved this job, I was given a task and I sat in my cubicle to get it completed. I enjoyed working by myself to accomplish a task. We did data entry for an hour and then got a 10 minute break, this happened every hour. Things got done, we had goals we had to achieve, not many people did not reach our benchmark goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This isn't your fathers postal service. Conflict between an oversized, petty union and the management makes the most simple things difficult. Pay is "ok", but $4 less per hour than it used to be for starting wage. Management is handcuffed, and common sense has left the building. On the upside, being outside all the time in all that Mother Nature can throw at you is fun for the right person. And, the postal service isn't going away to job security is great.
Pro érvek
Great exercise, job security, and relatively fun.
Kontra érvek
Union and management can't get along.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work 6 days one week, the next week work none. Not very consistent or considerate about personal life. Since managers are good. Some are bad. Depends mostly on the station. But if you're assigned to a good station, be aware, you may not work at that station much. They place you at any station that wants help. Amazon Sundays for new CCAs are every Sunday...
Pay, Benifits