United States Postal Service
3,4 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Evansville, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
29 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 27 424 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I find myself having conflict with other employees whether it be management or another craft employee simply because I refuse to allow the disrespect some of them have become accustomed to displaying to younger or newer employees. The pay, the benefits and the work pace make the job worth while.
Pay
Hostile work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
All you do is work no time for a life or your family. Co-workers act like they are still in high school even the older ones. Management needs to change alot
The pay
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management needs work, pay is decent, co-workers sometimes make the job a pain...sometimes they make it worth it. The work culuture is a learned culture you just have to get used to.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for hard working and independent individuals. Efficiency and time management are keys to being productive and doing your job well. With the right equipment, working in the elements is not as bad as one might think.
secure job, paid holidays
Kontra érvek
long hours, no work-life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am not going to complain about working long hours daily, the hard work and only having one day off. I am going to tell you about the hard working Holiday Mail Handlers & PSE's who were there on time, worked everyday (even when they were ill), worked 12 hours on most days, great attitude and SO hardworking. The new hires began the first week of December during the busiest time of the year. However, everyone was so eager, excited and hungry to start earning that money. Many of the new hires quit during orientation or by the 2nd day. However, the others who stayed had dreams, goals and prayed this would lead to a career. We were told by management during orientation that we would know if they would continue our employment after the holidays. Also, we were told the first paycheck would be for one week pay only since the USPS holds one week pay and PSE's would have Christmas Day off which was a new implement change. The 1st pay arrived and the Mail Handlers rate of pay was incorrect, the overtime hours they worked was not correct and two employees had no EIN to issue a check. OMG...The next bi-weekly pay was the same story. Those same employees asked questions and begged for the matter to be resolved and and no one seemed to care. Those same Holiday Mail Handlers paycheck matters have not been resolved and to add insult to injury. They all received a text from the SDO that their last day was the day before and the MDO forgot to mention not to come back. It was so heart wrenching seeing my fellow co-workers crying, angry and feeling misused. It was like they were there to volunteer - több...
Pay & co-workers
Kontra érvek
Management, long hours everyday, poor communication and one day off during the week
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a part-time Postal employee, I filled in for the regular carrier when they needed off work. The job paid well, but the schedule was inconsistent. I might work one day a week, three, or none. This job gave me an appreciation for how the US Postal System works, and how hard the employees work each day. Many of the public misconceptions of the job were dispelled during my experience there. The work is more difficult than people believe, and can be very physical. Most people that try to get hired and fill positions simply cannot do the job. I felt that being hired was an accomplishment considering hundreds of people try to get hired for these jobs and simply do not make it. The culture in the Postal Service was positive and most people were happy with their work and position. My co-workers were supportive were very helpful. I learned to be efficient, focus, and push myself harder than I ever had. I met interesting people on my mail route, which was in a rural area. The average wait time for full-time employment was around ten years. Simply for this reason, I resigned and moved on to other work.
Pro érvek
Pays well, good co-workers.
Kontra érvek
Inconsistent part-time work, could be called on any day to work with no notice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are very few, if any, jobs that are more secure without any requirement of a college degree than the post office. With that said the company is unionized and struggles to recognize hard work. It also lacks real upward mobility for those who are most qualified.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
working Saturdays, mismanaged
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very repetitive job with good benefits and room for advancement.
Great Health care
Not a lot of fun time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging job. Required a lot of mandatory overtime. Enjoyed personal achievements
monetary compensation