United States Postal Service
3,4 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Evansville, IN

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
28 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 27 091 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Expected above and beyond task to do on a daily basis. A lot of behind the scenes you have to deal with instead of just doing your job. Never thought I could work for such a toxic place.
Pro érvek
get to be out and about to a extent
Kontra érvek
stress, no social life, and physically drains you
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a MHA (Mail Handler Assistant) in Evansville, Indiana, you are treated like GARBAGE. You work 10 to 12 hour days, six days a week. They don't give you breaks. They say that you are responsible for taking your own breaks if you ask or complain about breaks. But loading the APBS line (the conveyor), if no one is sent to relieve you, you can't take a break. They say that at least four people must be loading/sweeping this system but it is usually just two... one loading bins/skids and the other on the dumping side, dumping onto a conveyor and pulling out the large, round, or hazmat parcels. Many times for the first hour of my shift, I was the only one on both sides... loading and sweeping the belt.... and many times I was the only one, total, for the last two hours of my shift when we were still loading after 4AM. I worked from 7:30 pm to 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 am... I never knew until the day. Most days I got one 15-minute break... and that usually came around 3 or 4 am (after starting at 7:30pm). Some days I got a lunch (30-minutes off the clock) and ONE 15-minute break... but that was rare. For the first several weeks, I did not have a time card (a credit card type), I was filling out their paper 1260 time cards. I was forced to write in lunches, losing 30 minutes, for lunch periods that I DID NOT receive. Normally, I would not have done this but my sister works there and helped me get the job. I did this about 10 times and then I refused to do it ever again. I started to not put lunch times on the 1260 and marked out those lines and wrote "no lunch". So, after - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a CCA you will work 60 hours a week. You are not given a choice as to whether you would like overtime. Overtime is a part of the job. You can work out of any station in Evansville and end your day carrying someone else’s route after completing your own. Regular carriers are free to leave after 8 hours but you are not. You will work Amazon Sunday- every Sunday. You will only get 1 day off per week. In busy times they will call you in to work on your day off. It’s exhausting and you will have no other life. I was told I was doing an excellent job. But that has no affect on how you are treated. We enjoyed delivering mail. I did not enjoy the hours and the constant change of locations. When you change locations you will be working with those station managers who really could care less about you. They will give you the longest route with the most mail and give you more if you finish.
Pay
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been a temporary clerk twice at USPS. The work is very strenuous but rewarding. The compensation is fair. I would work here again as it is a great summer job.
Pay is great
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's like going back in time: No concerns for safety. No breaks - these insane people expect you to work 10 to 12 hours straight through and THEN take your breaks at the very end!!!! I've never heard of anything so asinine in my entire life. People do this every day -- they will clock out to take their lunch and then clock back in to take their two 15-minute breaks... yeah, I want to work 11 or 12 hours and then just sit there for an hour doing absolutely nothing before going home. rush, rush, rush... move the same stuff five or six times instead of slowing down just a little bit and only handling packages once. All of the extra work does absolutely nothing but waste time & energy; it does NOTHING to change the time it takes to complete the overall process. They have the dumbest process that I have ever seen anywhere.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
management is terrible and doesn't know how to handle customers or even employees. management treats all employees like dirt and are constantly disciplining everyone for anything.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the post office is usually a very productive day with unloading mail and getting it separated and ready to be processed on the automated equipment. The workplace culture is one of business with some fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the employees and everyone being on the same page with getting mail processed and out to the respective post offices so that the mail can be delivered to the customer.
Friendships
Kontra érvek
Difficulty in getting rid of people that don't come to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was nice job and nice staffs and nice understanding. It was nice friendly. Employees work to get their and help each other’s. It was easy work for me not hard work. Thanks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job great Pay very fast work environment worked 50 plus hours per week get paid bi weekly and get breaks and lunch within 8 hours of working your 12 hour shift
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the post office. you're alone to work at your own pace only thing I didn't like is that if you were a good worker it seem like you were picking up on the more senior slack. which some of them would take naps and just chill cause they knew they we're going to be sent someone to do the rest of their work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for career advancement. Great benefits, Thrift Savings Plan. Paid holidays and vacations. Very fast paced. Day goes by so fast. Great pay.
Pay. Benefits.
Sometimes long hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was beyond a shadow of a doubt the worst decision I have made involving my career! Shift changes and schedule changes due to managements inability to properly perform their function as managers and supervisors! No life away from work at all. As a driver there is a revolving door for employees and the only common denominator is the management as to why this happens. Don’t make the mistake I made.
Great insurance
Very bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
This could be an awesome place to work if they had some consistency and better management. Great benefits and great people to work with. I am only part time and have zero family life and never know when you will start or get off. They can change your hours daily.
Great pay, great benefits
Kontra érvek
No consistency, no family time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for the post office. Great pay and lots of hours. However, you will have no life and even a fit person will push their body to it's limits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would not recommend, too much to do on a daily basis and CCA's are treated very badly. No room for advancement. Have to work as a temp for too long, and not promised full time.
too many
Munkahelyi kultúra
Get your work sheets. To many boss's that did not known their jobs. Some are good and fair. Hard working got more of their bull. Good People worlhard
Work in all weather.
Kontra érvek
If you didn't work. They wouldmake you a boss.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail carrier 90 day temporary placement is the hardest to get through. I personally was bitten by a dog and had a very hard time with management after that. I unfortunately decided not to go through with my job but I do have a friend that made it through. It is a rough and demanding job as a carrier but it is worth it if you can rough it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want any sort of life or time with your family this job is not for you. They tell you in the interview that you are guaranteed 2 hrs a day and should have no problem getting at least 40 this is extremely underplayed. As a PSE you will always work 6 days a week almost always working 10-12 hours. If you are not a regular then you will always be on a shift that starts at 4pm or after. Once you get to regular I’ve been told the days and hours aren’t as bad but there have been people here for 2 years that still aren’t regulars and the only benefit you get in the mean time is annual leave that they never encourage you to use. I’ve been told by several people that management is really big on looking for reasons to try and fire you and most of the employees only care about themselves and won’t hardly ever help you out. There is a high turn around rate and it’s no wonder why no one wants to stick around. This kind of job is only good for someone who is single, has no life, and is willing to work really hard and put up with a lot of stupid stuff.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Everything else (hours, days, management, employees, etc...)
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would have to be at work by 2 am and work until roughly 9 am as pre-loader. Then I would be a Jumper from Roughly 9:30 am to about 1:30 PM. It was hard work, but it was exciting and satisfying. It was also very quick pace and a learning experience.
Fun, money decent, Fast pace
Kontra érvek
Little Help if needed, if your not needed they didn't say until you got there, belt supervisors didn't really know much
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a job. I worked there for a short time. I would've stayed if the job offered full time employment. Thank you for taking time to read this bit about the us postal job.
It's a Job
Not hiring full time
Munkahelyi kultúra
All you do is work no time for a life or your family. Co-workers act like they are still in high school even the older ones. Management needs to change alot
The pay