United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Detroit, MI

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
132 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay place to work, if you’re in good physical condition and you don’t mind walking 10 miles a day. Sometimes the work can be overwhelming with all the packages that we have to deliver with tons of mail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed my career with USPS. Learn how to deal with different kinds of personailites. Showed me how to be a self-starter. Also so me how to dress for all kind of weather.
Pro érvek
You work alone. Heatlhcare, getball government holidays
You work outside
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not much job satisfaction but its stable. A lot of opportunity to do overtime, decent pay and good benefits. It isn't mentally challenging but can be physically taxing depending on the job.
Pay, benefits, stability
Kontra érvek
Low job satisfaction and morale
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had very good experience working for United States postal services I learn a lot of skills and trades and had a great experience working for the postal services and would like to work with them again with a permanent position and good benefits.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rigorous environment, lots of exercise, outdoors, deal with dogs, doesn't provide enough protection for the carriers either it being their indoor or outdoor environment.
uniform allowance, good pay
outdoors, hostal environment, OVERTIME
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have made friends that will last a lifetime. Worked for 30 years, and got a lot of exercise. Customers on the route were very nice and understanding. It is a very physical job, but it pays good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job to have. You get job security, great benefits, and steady work. Depending on the position you are working depends on the type of work you do. As a casual employee you will do most of the hard work in sorting bulk to priority mail manually. May do a lot of overtime in this position. And as a Casual employee you are temporary but sometimes can turn into a more permanent job.
Pro érvek
Job security, benefits, steady income
Kontra érvek
Alot of hard work in distribution centers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked for PO for 34 years. In the beginning was good, but towards my retirement was not. Some management became to relaxed in work ethics.
Pro érvek
Interacting with the people & money
Kontra érvek
Short breaks or no breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS has provided the best customer service since my employment with them. My typical work day is very busy starting at 10:30 am and ending at 7:30pm. I am the finance supervisor that oversees the customer sales revenue daily as well as interact and rectify issues that the general public may have with either mail delivery issues or just financial purchasing and or ordering. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with he public. I have learned to deal with many different customer complaints and concerns in many different ways to where the customer walks out of the office satisfied. I work well with others as a team. I take the initiative to problem solve if I see needed. The hardest part of my job is fear of not completing given task.
Munkahelyi kultúra
its awesome working in an environment full of energy and enthusiasm. the work was there so it was never a boring moment. the supervisors were there making sure everyone was where they was needed and the season went by with a breeze.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I find in most cases we learn to work as a team. But in some cases Supervisor/Management have poor communication skills when addressing a assignment or maintaining a productive work place without creating a hostile environment.
Wages, Benefits and work hours
Kontra érvek
Lack of personel more work on the employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Heavy on work and life balance, good compensation and benefits, co-workers where friendly and helpful, hardest part of the job was tryin not to sit down and fall asleep
Munkahelyi kultúra
its a good job steady job but management is unorganized and you will be doing over time no matter if you want to or not they show favoritism and you wont have a life outside of delivering mail THE MAIL IS YOUR LIFE
Munkahelyi kultúra
In poor weather conditions performing the job was more difficult. I enjoyed being outside when the weather was nice. The interaction that I had with most of my patrons was very positive.
Pro érvek
I enjoyed providing good customer service.
Kontra érvek
It was more difficult to perform the job in poor weather.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got along with co-workers pretty well. Some of the supervisors had a tendency to criticize other workers with their peers. I learned that you can't trust management. The hardest part of the job was casing the mail. The most enjoyable part of the job was having one of the supervisors as someone I could talk to and count on. As with some companies that I have worked, it is very cliquish.
Kontra érvek
Braving the cold and or hot weather.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has good benefits and a great pay rate, great pay scale. Just doesn't balance well into family life at this point. The most enjoyable part of the job is your customers but the worst part of the job is the dogs and the extreme weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
I already did this review. I loved the work, the pay, the coworkers. I did not like the micromanagement. It was hard work, but fun. I felt productive. I especially miss the Christmas rush. I just could no turn down the early retirement.
Good pay, fun work
Micromanagement
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a very stressful place to work with crazy hours. Management does not care about their employees, only the mail. I have learned that just because the pay and benefits are good doesn't mean the job is good for you. Co-workers are ok but it all depends on which building and shift you work on but most are backstabbers. The hardest part of the job was working the hours and having to listen to someone that is younger than you boss you around. The enjoyable part was looking at my bank account.
pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
hours, managment, and lack of compassion for employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a very good workplace and it was a different in cultural environment. The place taught me to adapt and understand all cultures and belief and taught me to work well with others
steady flow of work
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked the day shift and had a good experience interacting with the public, my co-workers and Supervisors. I learned how to deal with different personalities effectively. Lifting heavy packages was the hardest part of my job, but overall my job experience was enjoyable.
Job security
Working overtime and holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job provides good pay, benefits after becoming a regular carrier. Can be very stressful as a CCA(City Carrier Assistant) Supervisors often over work and push their CCA's past their limits. CCA's must pick up the slack on all call offs, sick leave, vacations, etc. This means working overtime very frequently. During the holiday season supervisors have no issue working CCA's 7 days a week, 8-10 hour shifts. Most CCA's will start at 7am and finish their day/route between 4-5pm. If you have overtime, add another hour and half to that time, plus the office time in the morning and afternoon. the time you have with your family, for yourself, and life outside of work becomes nearly non existent. This job is not for everyone.
good pay at entry level