United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Detroit, MI

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
131 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 693 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay place to work, if you’re in good physical condition and you don’t mind walking 10 miles a day. Sometimes the work can be overwhelming with all the packages that we have to deliver with tons of mail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really fast paced, a lot to learn in a short amount of time. Co workers were nice management makes the job harder than it has to be. Complicated balancing a regular life with work because of the long hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no protection for employees. This is a very high risk/ dangerous job. The USPS is failing in general and they are losing business. In return they pretty much have blamed the employees and treat them as such. This job will take its toll on you mentally, physically, and emotionally.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've worked as a casual mail handler for the United States postal service since December 2003. Great company to work for with possible career advancement.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If it has not been for the NPMHU position and membership, I would not have made it 30 years. I was blessed to be a QWL -Quality of Work Life Coordinator and a craft member for the Process Management program, as an instructor and team member. But, for political reasons, these programs went the wrong way, canceled. The work environment at the PO as far as person to person, was the very reason the term ‘Going Postal’ existed. People who worked there, had all kinds of issues that could have led to violent situations in any plant or facility. I was blessed to have made it to retirement. I hope for the best for my fellow workers.
Great pay and benefits
Poor people skills
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall it's a learning experience as well as being able to become thick skin and willing to work through difficult situations at times. I do enjoy the work, but there are several obstacles to overcome daily.
Salary and benefits
Kontra érvek
Bad management, inconsistent and work every holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
My typical day at United States Postal Service is very fast paced. Meeting new people & delivering mail. You have to watch for dogs & be very watchful of your surroundings do to high crime in certain areas.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a job. It paid for yearly vacations and the down payment of my house. Met great people. But be prepared to work, especially as a newly hired cca. There is no work life balance. The demands are usually impossible. My advice is to know your rights, read your contract, read your handbook, and pick your battles. Take your breaks, and take care of your feet with good footwear. I hurt my back and decided to seperate, but it is a decent career if you're looking for something permanent.
Pro érvek
Good money for hs education, benefits
Kontra érvek
Pain from physicality of the job, poor management sometimes, no work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work if your a hard worker. The people are great and very friendly unless you run into an old employee who absolutely hates his or her job.
Good hours
Time management
Munkahelyi kultúra
expensive benefits no overtime after 40,overtime after 8 hrs,worked me 13 days in a row at 8 hours a shift (in february not christmas) to test me,I have 25 yrs driving and they wanted to test me and not give you a shift or let you know anything about their plans for you.
Pro érvek
not too many for a driving job
Kontra érvek
bad equipment semi Tractor trailer operator, nights and weekends.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the US Postal Service. I was working there for over 20 years. Left with a good record. U.s. Postal Service stated that I can come back. After my incarceration.
Medical
Stressful environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for the USPS in my time there. I resigned for different employment, but given the opportunity I’d return to work for the postal service any time.
Pro érvek
Great benefits, great pay, job security
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, slow turn over rate to become a regular
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced job. Most of it it time sensitive. Accuracy is extremely important. Safety is highly critical. The hiring process is long. Your work days can be long past dark depending on your assignment
Pro érvek
The pay, longevity once you are a regular
Long hiring process
Munkahelyi kultúra
depending on the level of the mail the job can be fast pace. it has a friendly and teamwork environment. the enjoyable part of the job for me is learning how the mail is processed. the hardest is no benefit or vacation time
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post office is a great place to work. Given the right supervisor is in control. A typical day is being in the office for about a hour. Going out into the field for seven hours(If no overtime is given). There really is no hard part carrying mail after being properly trained to do the job. Dress for the weather of the different seasons. Be prepared to work rain, sleet, hail or snow!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked working at the post office it was easy to learn and the supervisor was cool and was willing and took time out to answer any question that was needed to be answered and help when needed help
Munkahelyi kultúra
Post Office is a good place to work. I was fortunate enough to have several detail assignments during my career. From CFS (central Fordwarding System) to Consumer Affairs, and Personnel Assistant, as well as preparing prerequisites for relocating Post Offices.
Detail assignments
Munkahelyi kultúra
You can make great friends & people in the work place,meet the requirements in show up & on time you should be great work is very easy in you will learn fast
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on the elements brewing outside each day can differ, mail volume also plays a part in your typical day. As any new hire, it will be challenging at first for the next several years. Stay dedicated, take each day as a learning experience, keep a positive attitude and it'll be second nature in no time!
Pro érvek
Minimum supervision, Work at one's own pace, great salary
Kontra érvek
Elements can be challenging (extreme heat, cold, rain, dogs)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, I enjoyed working at the post office. I worked as a carrier. The job is physically demanding and management has very little tolerance for the injured, even if it's caused by the job. Weather can be your friend or a great enemy. If you like being outdoors, its awesome. Michigan winters being the exception. USPS expects you to work with same agility in winter on ice as you do in the summer. so beware.
Benefits, job security
Kontra érvek
work load can be overwhelmingly physically taxing
Munkahelyi kultúra
was able to work my up from craft position to middle management position. life insurance several health insurance options thrift savings plan equivalent to 401k
Pro érvek
able to pursue career opportunities