United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Columbus, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
149 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work hard but pace yourself management is horrible and most employers are as well try your best trust no one Stay in the union you get moved everywhere no pay for the travel and they don’t care about your life
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very friendly associates faced paced work environment which is ideal. Access for promotions are frequent with equal opportunity for every employee. Great Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
mail handling mail sorting. preparing mail for mail carriers city wide distribution.Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail and performs other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail. This occupation code is to be used pursuant to the provision of Article 7.1. C of the USPS and the National Postal Mail Handlers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pick up incoming mail, including new stock check in new stock stock after turning on the computer Enter new stock into inventory pick out orders that we would do for the day and any emergency orders input into computer, print reports, pull stock for orders and fill orders package and send out to each office that we would do that day.
Pro érvek
fast moving, lose track of time
no time to mess around
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
there was no predictable work schedule. one could be forced to work 8 to 12 hours without an advanced notice. keep you being temp. for years without any significant benefits.
Good pay, Unionized
Kontra érvek
very stressfull, long, ungodly and unpredictable hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No work life balance. A very stressful place to work. You get treated like a child. Takes forever to be converted. Your a over worked. You work with people who get away with not doing any work
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my time at the United States Postal Service, I loved that I was able to be out by myself outside servicing the community with what they looked forward to every day providing good quality customer service and helping people every day.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
Long hours and had to work every weekend, and does not help with child care.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management currently is not the best. The job is hard on the body and challenging to some mentally. I did not find it challenging mentally. The pace and physical requirements would be the hardest part for most employees. The employees for the most part get along fine and enjoy each other. The job pays well and has good benefits, I left because I was eligible to retire and could afford to. 39 years ago it was a very good job. Now its average at best.
Pay and benefits.
Kontra érvek
Mind numbing hard physical job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office (as a rural carrier) pays well, and works you death, which is good if you need the money. And if you can make it through the associate phase and are able to go career makes for a great career. But in my office, I'm #10 on the list, and the #1 guy has been waiting 8yrs, that's a long time to go without benefits. Not to mention I work 7 (amazon sunday and holidays) days a week, and that's even if i'm not scheduled (you HAVE to be available by phone whenever they need you). So if you can put up with an unorganized, poorly managed, rude (co-workers and management) work environment (and you're poorly trained), to drive/walk in rain, sleet, or snow, through bad traffic (school, rush hour, construction, etc), to deal with rude customers for 8-10hrs a day, everyday, then give it a try.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great pay paid for holidays and plenty of overtime hours no day shift hours are available must b able to work either second or third shift and you have to work all holidays no exceptions
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a very demanding job you put in a lot of hours and have no outside life so it feels to me and alot of people. The money is good but you are at the bottem of the barrel coming in the postoffice everything is seniority based. It can become real stressful especially having to work every holiday.
Pro érvek
Break every 2 hrs. Good pay.
Kontra érvek
Not getting recognition from management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, but it was time for me to retire as I had been there for 35 years. It was time for me to take the next step in my life. We moved to Arizona at that time.
Good pay and benefits
Hours of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved it had to retire due to disibility But am now receiving disability compensation For the rest of my life wonderful culture wonderful people would recommend
Munkahelyi kultúra
working environment very good, friendly, good people. learned a lot during my tenure as employee. enjoyed working there, had a good relationship with other stuff members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was intern with the United States Postal Inspection Service and I was given many opportunities to learn about the in depth investigation process that postal inspectors go through.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The supervisors have unrealistic expectations and often treat employees poorly. The training is minimal. You can be fired for nearly anything. You don't get a weekly schedule, expect to work 10-12 hour days with not knowing you day off until the day before. The pay checks are good, but you will have no life. The conversion rate to regular is very slow.
pay rate
Kontra érvek
scheduled day-to-day, bad managers, unrealistic expectations, poor training
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a floor supervisor for the USPS Flats Sequencing System (FSS), I arrive earlier than my employees and program the FSS's machines for the zip code zones of the mail we will be sorting that day. I then prepare for a service talk that I will give employees that day. If Headquarters’ or the district hasn't issued a mandated talk, I will prepare a local service talk based either upon safety issues or news of note. I'm responsible for coordinating the arrival and sorting of mail, and it's dispatching. I always learn something new each day, if it’s not a new nuance of the FSS, its new idea about how to do things better the next day and that is satisfying to me. FSS management is directly on the floor, but as far as upper management (which controls floor supervision) is at a distance. The workplace culture changes day to day, depending upon the moods and personalities of the craft employees. The hardest part of the job is meeting demanding schedules often with few employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we work together as a team to get the mail out on time!
Pro érvek
Excellent pay, especially for overtime.
Kontra érvek
The job is physically demanding and often has long hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting incoming and out going mail by postal code. delivering packages throughout the building, fun safe friendly place to work. Diverse group of co workers.
great experience
no healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office does not allow much of a balance between work and home life. But the pay is very nice. The managers are also a handful. The training is helpful when given.
Munkahelyi kultúra
delivering mail to residential and commercial customers . very toxic work place. no work life balance. management is poor and care nothing about your personal life. the best
Munkahelyi kultúra
Never a down moment. Opportunities to work in every area of mail processing and for advancement as a floor supervisor and even in training new employees.
Great pay, benefits.
Kontra érvek
Could work any shift assigned dependent on job assignment.