United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Columbus, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
149 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work hard but pace yourself management is horrible and most employers are as well try your best trust no one Stay in the union you get moved everywhere no pay for the travel and they don’t care about your life
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Gave me the opportunity to advance my career. Well structured and worth my efforts. Work days consisted of training supervisors and managers to understand Union Contracts. Settling grievances with five different unions. Representing the USPS in Labor Relations dealing with contract disputes as well as Arbitration.
Very good earning potential
Too much driving.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Location is a fast pace environment that is about getting the job done efficiently, but treats employee's in a unprofessional manner while seeking to keep retention of employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
its basically boot camp. i was walking 10+ miles a day carrying over 50 lbs at most times and packages as well in all weather conditions. i was attacked by a dog. sprained my ankle while in my probationary period which led to my termination even though i continued to work on it.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Citygate location was not the greatest. Supervisors were very annoying. The work was honest and the pay was okay. I quit because they refused to change my hours after being there for over a year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You find that team work makes the dream work. It’s a partner effort, which helps you with social skills & other job related practice. I enjoyed my time but I want a new experience
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced work environment was seniority ruled the day. Not the best place to find a mentor for training but helpful staff. Potential extended hours often.
Work til you drop
Work til you drop
Munkahelyi kultúra
The mail moves 24 hours a day. Different departments work together to submit a proper product to the different areas to service the customers. From transportation to delivery and from the Post Master General to the Custodian, Keeping in mind from your customers to your customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When working for USPS you are basically getting paid to work out. You are paid to be outside, walk or drive miles on end. You can have numerous customer interactions or none at all. The job is great end game career.
Yearly Raises, All the benefits
Dealing with bad weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
My time at UPS as a driver helper was great all i had to do was scan items occasionally and deliver packages to doorsteps the drivers were always very welcoming not one bad bone as far as i know. Pretty light work and great pay 15/hr. Management went by the area for driver helpers and they were great as well always calling to ask you whether youd be available to work or not (because you could pretty much make your own hours i mean its your loss on money if you dont go in that day). i was offered a position as a handler and the drivers constantly reminded me that becoming a driver would be great as well so theres always room for advancement. There was absolutely nothing hard about the job other that maybe the weight of the packages but you definitely learn very quickly how to correctly carry things to take some of the weigh off. Highly advise at least applying for driver helper although it is seasonal.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day is you will have a meeting in the morning, then go set up and case your roue. once you do that you will go onto the street and deliver your mail and packages you received for that day
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job was fast paced. Only worked about 3 and a half hours tops. Health care was all paid for by the company. The union was supportive. I enjoyed myself as a worker there.
Health Care
Munkahelyi kultúra
They provide you with proper training to complete the tasks that you are given. It is a union job that is why the pay is higher but also be ready to pay your dues.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed my job and co-workers.Great career.Deliver mail to area branches and got to know a lot of friends. I would refer a job at the postal service to anyone who wanted a lifelong career.
No cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
on of the most stressful jobs. pay is great but can not last 30 years doing that. Should engage more and things will improve. Also the union runs the post office.
pay
stress
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job was horrible, to say the least. Not only were there no GPS but you had to find the address on your own. Lastly, everybody made fun of me and my age.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay and benefits, however you give up your family life to work there. If you did not have stress or a mental illness they will ensure you have one before you leave!!! Management was HORRIBLE!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very poor management! In one case, I called the sick leave 800 number, received a confirmation number. A supervisor, not even my own supervisor went into the computer and removed my confirmation number and charged me AWOL. Most of the employees were great, however, management was terrible!
Munkahelyi kultúra
This would be a great place to work if the company treated the employees better. There is a high turn over and transfer rate! Be ready to work, even on your days off! They will call! The supervisors do not care about family matters. That is your business, not theirs. Come to work or get fired. Make sure that you do not get into an accident in your 90 day probation period or expect to look for a job elsewhere. Who delivers the mail when they run out of people to hire?
Pro érvek
Retirement package, health coverage, pay.
Kontra érvek
Too many hours, Stressful, Poor management, Too many expectations, Does not care that you have family
Munkahelyi kultúra
In one sentence. Best thing that happened to me was the day I retired. I had a good run while it lasted. The Postal Service is on its downward decline. Big part of it is of the untrained and unprofessional management.
Pro érvek
A decent pay check. Work is not bad
Kontra érvek
Stressful to work in an environment that will never improve
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is like cake work, but isn't for everyone. Ran by egos who aren't qualified to be in a position to manage others. One almost has to be a real life super hero to make it.
Pro érvek
holding down a route for an extended amount of time
hostile work environment