United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Columbia, SC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Columbia, SC52 értékelés
52 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 280 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Sunday managers at some locations are just mean. They make working there awful. Rural delivery is also unsafe and sometimes scary and sometimes there's no cell reception for emergencies. They also require you to use your personal cell phone for navigation (again, may or may not have reception) when making you take parcels not on the written directions.
It pays well.
Kontra érvek
No cell reception in rural areas=unsafe
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wont say that the USPS as whole is a bad place to work. However the supervisor I had did not speak to people with consideration or respect. Not good
Munkahelyi kultúra
I sorted incoming mail for the air carrier. Learned how the service works from an entry level position. Fast paced, able to carry 70+ pound mail sacks. Attention to detail top priority! Mistakes are costly!
Great pay and work.
Kontra érvek
Was only seasonal Christmas work, wished it was longer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long hours but worth the experience, able to meet new people and learn all sorts of new tasks. Fast moving environment and very vigorous. All duties performed are important to the economy.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a good place to elevate yourself. I will recommend people to for the post office . You get good benefits and time off . And they also have a credit union
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed working with the postal service. I feel at this time to work in a ministry setting. I would love to be able to meet with church people on a regular basis and offer to help them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding job although it is hard work. Learned patience and tolerance working here, Also learned how something that may seem insignificant to you maybe very important to someone else. The hardest part of this job would be the summer weather and animals(particularly dogs that were not on a leash).
Income, meeting people
Kontra érvek
Weather, expense when using personal vehicle to deliver mail
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a secure employment job that can lead to various opportunities to further you career. This is one of the only companies that allow you to work in various positions before appointment.
Benefits and salary
Kontra érvek
stressfull and a lack of honest leadership on all levels
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a great place , years ago it was known to be good to work for.Your pay hours are always incorrect, management or supervisors are inadequate, and the new employees are treated unfairly like no rights at all. That is why they have a union, if you could stay long enough to join. No benefits that is affordable, for the hard labor for new employees that have to work 1 yr to get affordable insurance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Keep rhe job. And work head at what you do at this company. Be on time and it has grate benefits join the union and get all the hours you can get. And try not to lose it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been at the USPS for 23 years and I love it.
Great hours and benefits. There is always room for advancement. Great training programs and we're off on all the major holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
CFS was a lot of fun to work in. I was able to gain experience in change of addresses from magazines to first class mail and, packing mail slots with first class envelopes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Goal oriented organization. Productivity goals are set and incentives are given to encourage the accomplishment of goals. There are also minimum goals that must be met.
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked with a great group of people. my boss was great. he retired at the same time I did...lot of on the job training. older building,lots to do
training
union dues
Munkahelyi kultúra
Postal Service is one the best environments in which to work. There are many opportunities afforded to an individual for advancement. The work is rewarding and leaves one feeling a sense accomplishment everyday knowing that the mail has reached its final destination...The Customer. Employees are courteous to the customer and well as one another. This assists in making operation of processing mail volumes expeditiously and professionally.
Health plan
Night shift work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Yes the work is repetitive but as long as you are safe and follow the rules and regulations the day should go by swiftly. Your able to meet some very interesting people.
Pro érvek
You will always have a job because mail is being sent globally.
Kontra érvek
Sometimes management are not on the same page.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although this was a temporary position, the USPS will make you earn every dime of money you make. This job was a nonstop position that had me working and moving every minute of my shift. The management teams really had a hard time with communication between employees and themselves. Some would even go as far as to talk down to or disrespect the employees. The job was fairly easy for me except working in automations with the letter mail.
Pro érvek
Willing to pay excessive overtime
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication, the format of weekly schedules
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Post Office is an exciting, fast paced, environment with a lot of repetitive activity. There are three different work shifts, I worked from 8or 10pm till 7 or 12pm. Overtime is big in civilian life! Rain, sleet or snow the mail must move. The hardest part of my job as a Distribution Clerk was memorizing over 1000 street names and box numbers,a 30 minute lunch break, and moving into an Administrative position. The most enjoyable part of my job was financial opportunities and leave time. Good luck, it's all what you make it.
Great salary and benefits
30 minute lunch and mobility
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned various aspects of mail procedures, even as a local Postmaster for a few months.

I enjoyed opening up new contract units and seeing them become a part of the community.

I developed a good relationship with my coworkers at a district level and Postmasters/station managers all over the State of SC.

Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, I was able to detail in to short assignments which expanded my knowledge of the Postal Service.

My most learning and enjoyable assignment was in Washington, DC working for Headquarters.
Pro érvek
Retirement and great savings and health plans.
Munkahelyi kultúra
loved my co wrokers.and my manger they were great. would recommend this job to anyonbe
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I world with this company thinking I could better myself after leaving the Army but all this company cared about was the mission they did not care about the employees