United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Columbia, SC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Columbia, SC51 értékelés
51 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 868 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very demanding, stressful, not enough time to be with love ones. It's a job that a single mother should not have. Most offices are short staffed, and you may do more that expected..
Munkahelyi kultúra
They pay really well but EVERYTHING else was the worst. Management didn't care about employees, employees are bitter and unhappy, no since of teamwork.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While I was working for the USPS, I was proud, motivated, and upward mobility was available. Like any job their were up and downs. More ups. The main down was veterans. And I am a veteran. But some with service connected disabilities took advantage of the system, and always created a hassle/conflict when it came to getting the job done correct, with no shortcuts, in a timely/safely matter.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management will try to destroy your career the moment you start. Everything you do is wrong and everything that happens is your fault. Pay is decent
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful atmosphere to work in being a CCA. You don't get treated fairly when you are in this position. You're given extra work that Regulars don't want to do. You're not treated fairly when given the opportunity to put a Hold Down on a route. Other CCA's with more seniority always get the Hold Downs even if they just got off of one. They don't rotate to others with less seniority. A Hold Down means to fill in on a route when a Regular is out. CCA's don't get very good benefits for example medical insurance is extremely expensive only dental and visual insurance is reasonable They are known to reducing your work hours to 20 hours if they are angry with you even though you normally work forty or more hours. Horrible place of employment. Lastly, working at USPS takes away time with your family and totally interferes with your personal life. Terrible place for imployment..
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Different challenges but overall great place. Easy once you learn your position, nothing hard to the job. Patience to become full time employee but it pays off at the end
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible place. You have to sacrifice at least 3 years working 6 days a week even holidays (thanksgiving) before you are considered for full time employment. You are treated like less than a human being until converted into regular employee. Management and union at war night and day. Leadership has no people skills and they are not provided training. Relationship are more important than performance .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Exceptional Job Opportunity. I worked seasonal and love the fundamentals of the entire job title. Great staff it was worth the drive from Georgia to South Carolina!
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's never a typical day at the postal service so you always have to pay attention to everything around you. Management have it's ups and downs. Work culture is good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of my favorite things to do was work on the flat machine. This was a machine that sorted the flats (magazines and newspapers) by zip code. I would sit at a conveyer and the flats would come in front of me and I would have to key the last three digits of the zip code, then the machine would take the flat and dump it in a tub to be delivered to that particular post office. I liked to challenge myself on how fast I could key them in. I was scheduled on Tour 1, which is 10:30 pm to 7 am and I was surprised when I found out I would be working nights. I guess I never gave it a thought as to how the mail got to the post office for the carriers to deliver. I have to admit, it was an adjustment to work those hours.
great place to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a hard fast paced job customers are number 1. You have to know different crafts in there making sure you putting the right mail in the same address. You have to focus on what you are doing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There's a lot of logistical problems. The carriers are lazy OR they work very hard depending on the culture of that particular office. Management's quality varies as well. If you're in an area where the managers are only looking to check in the boxes so they can get their next promotion then you're screwed. Upper management tends to place all blame on the carriers, but its really a mixture of things.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Start with upper management. The plant is not organized. Management only care about the mail. Being a PSE limits your choices and treated as if we do not work the same mail as the regulars do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You do the same thing every day yet every day is different. the coworkers as fun and exciting but the management could be a lot better. sometime tend to cause a hostile environment
overtime if you want it
Kontra érvek
no days off when you need them most
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast paced environment. Learned how to sort mail for delivery. Also learned how to check bags after delivery was done for the day. I enjoyed the entire job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed morning working for the USPS. I arrived to worked early every morning. I learned it is always something to learned. Management was poor, in their directions and fair judgments. Culture was not so diverse at the time of 2008 to 2009. The hardest part is walking for almost eight hours with 30 minutes for lunch. I love the purpose behind the position accuracy and being punctual.
Delivering mail
Kontra érvek
Time for walking routes delivering I was a substituted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I do not wish to give a review for the United States Postal Service. I am here to search and apply to available job openings only and not to promote another company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Be prepared to work in all conditions that the weather has to provide, regardless of the occasion if you plan to be a CCA or RCA. In certain locations, you will get A LOT of hours. Very physically demanding, but with such comes great pay and benefits.
Pay, Benefits
Weather, No free time
Munkahelyi kultúra
With this job you get to work on your own but at a very fast paced because you have time limits for when to be done, The best part of the job is out on the road delivering your mail and packages. The most tedious part of the job is casing your mail.
Work on your own
Kontra érvek
Casing your mail and break on your own time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Listen, working at the post office is not for the weak hearted. This job is usually okay and not a lot happens, but be prepared to lose all of your holidays. There will be no family time as a RCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wont say that the USPS as whole is a bad place to work. However the supervisor I had did not speak to people with consideration or respect. Not good
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés