United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Colorado Springs, CO

48 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 233 értékelés megtekintése
Is a good place.
Is very physically demanding being a Mail Handler.
Several people call in on a regular bases making for long hours and week, 12 hours 6 days a week.

Have to learn the job fast and extremely on hands.

People are great and do help you when in need.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Secure job with good benefits
I was a dependable employee who was dedicated to my customers,got along with my coworkers and management had a good attendance history,and safety habits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for.
Be diligent about your job at the post office. Do not call in sick. Show initiative. A lot of room for upward mobility if that is what you are interested in.
Usps
Good job if you want to work non stop around the clock. I liked working there but I had zero life . Long hours all year and only one day off a week.
Dont do it
The post office will suck your soul and leave you wondering what's the point. Managers and employees are rarely on the same page and if not for the union they walk all over you
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Easy work
Work is very easy. Days are long, but you are working on your own. can sometimes be tricky being sent to other stations, but it comes to you quickly..
Teamwork
A lot of teamwork is needed to get the job done. You start by casing your mail, then put your parcels in order. Hit the street. Come back and put your stuff away. Also check to see if any of your coworkers needed help. I am also a trainer to the newbies that came in.
Delivery/Customer Service Supervisor
Great chance to learn the ends and outs. Supervisor's don't get paid enough for what they do. Station manager get the position and let supervisor do it all.
Cca
I enjoyed the job itself. Plenty of hours to work, good pay and overtime pay. Some of the regulars are super lazy and rarely finish their routes. Management varied by location. With the exception of one, most of my supervisors were great.
Pro érvek
Overtime pay, active job.
Kontra érvek
Lazy regulars, excessive overtime.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced job, great pay, no work/life balance at all.
To become regular for the City Carriers, it'll take about 2-4 years and Rural side up to 7 years before you make it. Sucks, but when you need a job that pays well, USPS is your place. Because they work you 7 days a week most of the time (a lot) until you become regular and earn your days, sometimes you will be feel exhausted. Yes, you make good money but can't do your laundry or hangout with your family anymore. They should give an assistant a break too that they deserve. Also, when you're an assistant you will be required to work on Holidays, federal, etc. while the rest of the post office are closed. You will be delivering packages only, no mail. Overtime is the norm. Great place to work at if you're single.
Fast Mean and unfreindly Enviroment
This job was one of my dream jobs and unfortunately, the co-workers and management were very unprofessional and unfriendly. I was harassed at this job when I was new, and it was horrible after I reported it. I had to stay there to support my children.
4,0
interesting place to work
Enjoyed working with different people and in different positions, Letter Sorting Machine, sorting mail by hand, working with different machines in offices.
Pro érvek
usually had a set schedule, daily and weekly
Kontra érvek
some managers were not that great
2,0
ok
It's an ok part time job, but no benefits or room for advancement. Management tries their best but corporate is not very involved. Trucks are taken care of for the most part but no air conditioning and heat doesn't work well.
pay
environment
Free lunches at times.
Not everyone can work for the USPS. But the few that can manage to deal with the office politics. For the post office being nation wide should be able to transfer any employee to any state with out questions. There should not be any reason for deniles. Over all I enjoyed my job serving my customers.
Customer Service
Dumb Politics
poor communication
the managers or supervisor for the plant I was working for didn't communicate well. one will say another thing the other will say something different.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want no life, you want to work here
If you love management that work their people to death and have no care, then work here. There is a reason that this place has a below 50% retention rate.
Pro érvek
Can save up paid leave, decent money
Bad management
They refuse to hire more people even though they need it. They will ask you to work 12+ every day 6 days a week. They will pull your promotion away last minute and make you stay were you are.
Union
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would have enjoyed working for the USPS
Enjoyed the work load and the busy environment. However, sensed a tension between management and general carrier work force. Suspect this is the nature of a union environment. For a new hire under a 90 day probation period, found it unacceptable to be terminated for Safety concerns when another driver attempted to pass my mail truck at a 'T' intersection as I started to turn left and they planned to go right.
Busy
Kontra érvek
Union shop tension, CCA new hires have no rights
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not the same as when I started
The biggest problem was the Stupidvisors (yes, I spelled that right!)--they had no clue how to supervise most of the time. To get into supervising all you had to do was take a test and a short classroom program that didn't hit on all of the information needed (it stressed Carrier Duties and not the entire Postal Service spectrum of jobs like the various clerks jobs, mail handler, maintenance, etc.). You'd get a bad carrier that passed the test & class, but had no idea what a clerk did and then they would try to supervise the clerks (or vise versa). That lead to people that had no idea how to do a quarterly audit (count) of stamps and retail goods or how to relate to customers. Most of the 'leadership' fell to the Lead Clerks, of which I was one. We had to do everything a supervisor should do except we couldn't discipline anyone. Most of the time, subordinates resented your role, but they usually had no idea of the spectrum of knowledge needed to do the job. Management thought nothing of having you work 2 hours late every day just to get all of your duties completed--but then would complain when you couldn't work late and not get your job done. They eliminated so many jobs that most clerks were doing 2 or 3 jobs daily. And there weren't enough people left to cover for vacations or sick days.

I learned A LOT over the years--mostly without much formal/official training. I learned that you're pretty much on your own if you get hurt on the job. You can't count on those that you're supposed to be able to count on. Upper management doesn't care about anything but their paycheck
 - több...
Pro érvek
Regular paycheck, making people happy
Kontra érvek
Bad supervisors, back stabbing coworkers
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is a fun place to work
The Post Office was very stressful and we were always pressed for time. the hours were long. so was the ride home every morning /evening. The pay was super!
good pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work/Life balance does not exist
If all you want to do is work this is a great great place. There is no room for a life outside of work. You can work seven days a week up to 13 hours a day. can be much more during Holiday season. It can take over three years to become a regular employee and CCA are not treated good. Some regulars won't do their job and then it falls to the CCA's, so your doing your job and then the work the regulars won't do. Management does nothing about it and doesn't look out for CCA's at all.
Pay is good
Hours, environment, management
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés