United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Chattanooga, TN

43 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 24 701 értékelés megtekintése
Not for ME
Just not the job for me. Management doesn’t know what they’re doing and only putting their friends up for open advancements within the company. They don’t have the companies best interest.
Good Pay
Poor Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved delivering mail in downtown Chattanooga
Each day was a surprise! Depending on the regular employees who may or may not be at work, your delivery routes could be different. It gave an opportunity to meet new people and get familiarized with the city in a way that few employers offer.
easy hours to work, usually out for the day by 10am
Supervisors and all employees want to see and help every employee succeed. Very laid back workdays and family oriented company. Flexible schedules and worked in seve4ral different locations.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst place I have ever worked. Management is absolutely horrible!!!
If you want to be treated awful then this is the place to work. Management was absolutely horrible!! If you are over 40 they will discriminate against you. I went in so happy I got the job and it has been nothing but stress and heartache. I would never recommend this job to anyone.
Pay benefits
Unprofessional Management.
I worked for the United States Postal Service for three years. The first year was challenging, the second year was great, but the third year remained harassed by management. Management was very rude, unprofessional, and cut-throat. If you don't fit into their circle, they will find ways to terminate you. They are bullies and I honestly don't understand how could the federal government employ and promote such individuals to management. The sad thing about this, is that they don't care. So sad.
Pay
Mistreatment from management.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Postal Data Encoder
Read, analyze, and encode incoming and outgoing mail for both the United States and foreign countries. Managed several different states/counties of images to ensure they were processed in a timely faction.
Government job
Kontra érvek
lowpay, ran out of work quickly
Data entry all day long
You clock in and go to your assigned city, and log in and start typing the information that computer wanted. What I learned was the proper way to write out an address.. management had a shift leader per city, and each city had multiple zip codes. The workplace was very relaxed and if you had a high percentage rate you got to listen to your radio or car. It was so easy going. The hardest part of the job was keeping your percentages high. Listening to the radio and typing.
Pro érvek
Typing, listening to music.
Keeping your precentages high
Fun
Fun fast paced place to work. On feet all day in a dusty environment. Concrete floors. Heavy lifting contantly. Friendly workers. Weekly team meeting. Great training. Monthly team lunches. Incentives.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Dusty environment, on feet all day on concrete floors
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun job, A lot of lifting, crazy hours
I loved the Post Office, but was part time with no benefits. During Christmas Season, which was about 3 months, I worked 10-12 hours with a 3 hour split shift. You worked 10 days straight before you got a day off. By the time you got a day off, all you want to do is sleep on your day off. When the Christmas rush is over you might drop down to 12-20 hours per week. This job began at 3 am and you might transfer from 2-3 work locations per day. Sunday’s were Amazon days which were usually always 12 hours. I eventually was moved to the plant to work. It was second shift working 10-12 hours 6 days a week. I LOVED THE WORK, but people are always bidding on jobs and moving around. You’re not just at one job until you decide to retire and there’s absolutely no time for family, especially if you have small kids. IF THE POST OFFICE WOULD HAVE A SET SCHEDULE OF 5 days a week or four 10 hour days, people would be more willing to work. I think most people suffer through it for benefits.
Pro érvek
Great benefits for full time
Kontra érvek
Crazy hours for part time, schedule changes constantly, Plant and PSE Clerks work Holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent company to grow with
Working for the USPS enabled me, as a single mother, to raise my children alone. There are myriad opportunities to diversify within the organization, and to advance your career. Their work/life balance has room for improvement.
Income, Benefits, Secure
Nice
i always enjoyed working for this company because it's relaxing and fast paced. I had to leave because I moved, but if I didn't move I would most likely still be there today.
Hard work
I enjoyed working for USPS. I have been trying to get rehired to a full time position. This was a good job that offered great benefits to Career workers.
Great Pay
Short Breaks
letter carrier
prepare mail for delivery to my assigned route each day in a timely manner. hardest part of the job was always being told to go faster,
while others were not pulling there wait. Management would sit and watch.
long team
Kontra érvek
told you were not moving fast enough.
Quiet, organized, and relaxed
While working for the Postal Service at Chattanooga Remote Encoding Center, A typical day was to type information from electronic mail images so that the letters could be bar coded and returned to the processing center to be bar coded and scanned. It was a relaxed, quiet environment and you could wear headphone. The hardest part about the job was that it was very repetitious keying in addresses and zip codes all day long. There were good supervisors and a wonderful plant manager. The pay was pretty good and we had birthday parties, baby showers, pot lucks, and farewell meals in the break room.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work if you can stay on.
I guess with me coming on at the peak season or around Christmas it was temp. I wish I could have stayed on. I loved the pace I worked at. Fast pace for me is nice.
Intense work with benefits
An awesome place to work and grow. The advancements and opportunities here are endless. I loved working with everyone here and made plenty of friends along the way. As well as personal references.
good job
As a temporary employee for the center it was both stressful and fun. The constant rate of information to be entered kept the time going quickly while the stress was limited by the attitude of the TL's.
Fast-paced
This job required many hours and dedication. Fast-paced work environment in all weather conditions. Managers rang the phone like crazy rushing carriers. The hardest part of the day is delivering fast-paced and getting off the street by 5 p.m.
Pro érvek
Great pay and plenty of hours of work available.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, you'll usually work through lunck and not get paid for it, managers are constantly rushing you, and you literally live and breathe this job.
Fair place to work.
Job security and good pay with fair benefits. Micromanagement abounds. Sorting, casing and delivering all types of mail. At times very physical. Most managers I had were tolerable, some sucked but a few were excellent. Hardest part of the job was being watched down to the second. Best part was meeting all the customers and knowing they liked my work.
Pay and excercise
micromanagement
Nice people
Good co-workers; schedule could change without warning, Management seemed to care only about production numbers. The job was keying mail from start of shift til the end of the shift.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place, productive; Good hours.
Steady hours with overtime available, interesting data entry work. Opportunities for advancement after years of service: I really enjoyed working there, was sorry to be laid off when facility closed.
Good pay, work
Kontra érvek
Temporary work (transitional). Didn't receive benefits.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés