United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Buffalo, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Buffalo, NY40 értékelés
40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 438 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Liked what I did. No work family balance. Physically demanding, Poor management and leadership. Good pay. Liked the people I worked with. Hire very diverse backgrounds. Provides vacation and sick leave
Pro érvek
Good pay enjoyed the work
No life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Straightforward job. Deliver the mail. Lots of walking in all weather types. May be asked to stay after 8 hours. Work hard and earn. If you have read this then the rest is simply learning how and where to deliver.
Pay, benefits
Weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will have your soul sucked out of your body slowly over time if your not targeted regularly or maybe even lose your mind on the first day ive seen people go to lunch on the first day and never returned ive seen people purposely hurt themselves so they wouldn't be forced to work overtime on the 37th straight day doing 12 hrs shifts
Awesome pay benefits
Kontra érvek
Any ahole can become a supervisor
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Takes month to get back to you about their decision, couldve applied and worked somewhere better. As seasonal pse, management is rude and has favoritism. Anyone can get hired. Working hard isnt rewarded, but slacking off a bit hits hard against you, could even get you fired or calling out for 3 days, without union. Schedule changes too often, lots of unnecessary overtime last minutes notice. Not worrh it at all. Dont let their pay fool ya.They only cared about numbers anyway. No wonder its failing.
Pro érvek
Good amount of breaks, vending machines every corner for convenience, decent pay, you can work with friends, spouse, and family
Kontra érvek
Rude management sucks, high pressure to meet high expectations, can get fired for anything as seasonal without union, they call overtime randomly even when not needed, they change schedule too often without notice at all, not flexible with life/work balance
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a good job in terms of making money but it does not have the most flexible schedule and is some what demanding at times but the benefits are great and it keeps you in decent shape.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do to many hard n long hours and days a week sometimes we had no days of till the following week didn't want let me change schedule close to 3months dealing with a sitter situation pay rate should be a lot more handling the main all day everyday 24/7 being on ya feet constantly
Munkahelyi kultúra
overall great place to work. You learn different positions throughout the company. Able to bid for new job after probation period is up. Takes a while to find out what you like to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unfortunately management either likes you or doesn't. You will work like a dog but it is well worth the pay. Some freedom during the day as long as you're getting your job done. Definitely would recommend, just watch your back during probation and once you are career the union is there for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is good and when you make regular you get full benefits and pension plan also union protection. Supervisors are horrible. They are on you all the time telling you how long every route should only take 8 hours. They treat you like complete garbage. They treat you just like a number they think employees are machines and never need a break or a day off. Once all the carriers leave to deliver mail. The supervisors just sit around and hang out all day till you get back. The hardest decision they make all day is how long of a lunch break should they take.
Benefits.
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s the perfect place to work they give you the opportunity to grow until reach your goals.
Working in the USPS was a great experience since was a short time it was enriching, I learned to interacting with different people and they culture. Some educated, friendly and helpful people. I really would like to get the opportunity to work again for long time in the USPS.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day for me began at 2;;30pm and if everything went well,ended at 11:00pm. The month of dec.was usually the busiest because of increased volume,eg. xmas cards and packages.I learned that if you treat people with dignity and respect,your problems will be few.First line mgt worked well most of the time whereas middle and upper mgrs. sometimes were a bit haughty.
Pro érvek
job security, compensation, and opportunity for advancement
Kontra érvek
short lunch breaks, micro mgt by overzealous middle mgt
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a stressful job for at least 10 hours per day. But they pay good and over time pay 1.5x makes the pay check a huge one. If anyone is a hard worker and can stay on foot for longer period of time then this is for you.
Pro érvek
Good Pay and benefits once you are a regular employee.
Kontra érvek
Long hours. No family time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job will test your will and your personality. It was really taught me to value life at home and that you are just viewed as another number for in some businesses, which is terrible!
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the Post Office provides OJT for CCAs, you are shown the "ropes" (per say) from a veteran employee. My experience with my OJT instructions was fantastic, same can be said for the carrier I shadowed. These individuals made me feel comfortable and part of the team. That cannot be said of the management team.

ONE of the issues I had was the fact that management was not present, there was no direction given. You had fellow carriers offering their numbers for assistance as well as some going as far as given you a break down of the route, however when I started I was told I was to have a 30 and 60 day review, neither of which occurred. In my opinion, this job is suitable for anyone who has little to no responsibilities and can commit 90% of their lives to their career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job over all is wonderful and busy but I generally like my job if you are not permanent though and considered temporary you will most likely be working 6-7 days a week unlimited hours the people that have been there long are tough to work with and management is horrible
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job paid well, hours too long and demanding when raising a family but overall great benefits. Can be very stressful at times. Allows you financially to provide for your family, but not any time to spend with them
Munkahelyi kultúra
they pay good but management sucks they hire anybody to be supervisor even with no experience in the job and they work you to death even you if you have something important to do they don't care
money
Kontra érvek
management and not having a life
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great shift, help was given when ever needed and also task weren’t to hard to handle on your own. This company also offered the full benefits package with 401k and post employment pension
Munkahelyi kultúra
good pay i have found a good work life balance and the industry is ever changing. additionally i felt room for advancement throughout my company and the branch.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will work and you earn every penny. The management was ok, in the office most of the day. The consist work is the hardest part of the job along with the concrete floors. It's rewarding I must say.
Dealing with mail
The concrete floors
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail comes in, sort mail. Open window, most customers are friendly and make the time pass. Learned how to do passports. Learned how to operate post office equipment.