United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Brooklyn, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Brooklyn, NY192 értékelés
192 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 079 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Life at the post office is really what you make of it. It’s a lot of hard labor and not everyone is fit for that. But there are many Job options available inside the post office. If you don’t fit in one place you can transfer to a different career type.
Guaranteed pay
Strenuous hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is very stressful due to the strenuous work but the pay from overtime and regular hours is very good, in my opinion. If you cant handle lifting heavy equipment/packages then don't pick here. If you want great pay and union then apply.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no consideration for family or personal life. Work 6days a week usually 10 hour days up to 12. Management does not care about you other than getting the mail out. As a TE/CCA/ PSE (all my job titles) you are mistreated and verbally abuse and insulted because you are a contract employee not a regular. In 2014 I experience a pay decrease from 22.15 to 16.19 now I am at $17.19 in 2018 and still not at regular status. Management speaks to you unruly and aggressive. you are overworked and unappreciative
Pro érvek
you can work as much overtime as possible, great job for teenagers or individuals without children
Kontra érvek
overworked low salary, unruly managers, unorganized, lack of moral and value pertaining to family obligations
Munkahelyi kultúra
My only reget with the Post Office is my Pension is meager, cheap, not enough to live off of. I have to seek some employment. The work and career is geeat!
Pro érvek
The feedom to move about and associate.
Kontra érvek
Pension under FERS is pitiful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ive learned many things with the postal service, not only good things but bad things as a cca (Mail/Package Deliver Person) your body will tear up after doing so much heavy lifting and so forth, this job is good for a while but try to move to another department as soon as possible.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They do not treat you as an individual or even a person. Illness' don't count. Family time doesn't count. They will stress you to the point of sickness, body and mind, and when you break, they will replace you very easily and uncaringly.
over stressful, demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is extrememly stressful, we do as management says and nothing else as they do not listen to our opinions, then force us to fix mistakes they created.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Your day is busy and it seems to pass by very quickly. There is always something different happening everyday. The day is then done before you know it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you work with USPS u must be able to handle heavy work load and stress. It’s not a job that would allow much of a outside life with family and friends.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in Brooklyn, New York as a CCA. 2 week checks never came in with less than 100 hours. Overtime was mandatory. Usual shifts were 12 - 14 hours. Longest shift I did was 18 hours. Most hours I did in ONE week, 7 days, was 94 hours.

Why?

We were severely understaffed, and most of the supervisors don't care about you or your health. I say MOST because some of them do care.

Carrying out the job was my favorite, I loved delivering mail and packages. The regular mail carriers were uplifting and a pleasure to work with. We all worked very hard and worked together. I felt proud to wear my uniform and deliver a great service. I would totally work for them again. Just needs better managment in my opinion.
Pro érvek
Benefits (although assistants did not have all), lots of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job required me to work outside the Postal Service in large mailing firms. I interact with clients and employees via phone in person and through correspondence.
Pro érvek
Working as a team leader
short lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management need to learn how to talk to employees,treat CCAs like slaves and throw you to the wolves on 3rd day. CCAs work the same as regulars but at my station they always wanted us to stay back to do other stuff.So if you get back at 7pm you not leaving until maybe 9 and that if the manager feels like it.
Money to be made
Work 6 days a week, 12hrs to make the money
Munkahelyi kultúra
The usps is stressful because there is a lot to do in a course of a day. but for the most part if you want a secure job for life this is the place. the only rule of thumb is be on time, attendance and do your job
Pro érvek
laid back enviroment, nice people
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the job is doable. At times it gets hard during weather conditions or scheduled days off. But management makes the job harder when they constantly demand that you be back on time even when it is not always possible like they believe.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the typical day at work starts off managing your route an your day in the street. In N ewYork your in the street on foot all day so managing yourself is important. the most enjoyable part and the most challenging part can be one in the same, the People. You interact with so much of the public on a daily basis, that you get a fair mix of good and bad eperiences . usually always rewarding because you get to help people with matters postal and non postal related.
what i leaerned at the post office is many different types of management styles and safety functions.
salary and benifits
Kontra érvek
high stress enviornment on your body
Munkahelyi kultúra
The day consisted of setting up mail for the days delivery.Packing it up n going out on the route and delivering all mail.When I became a window clerk,I processed passports,cashed and sold money orders and stamps.Assisted customers at the window
Munkahelyi kultúra
was excited for an opportunity that not everyone gets but this job was not for me by any means. I was not properly trained once i was assigned a station, and they work you like a machine. Everyone deserves at least one day off to recover..
PAY
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work consisted checking the clerks, counting money, loading the evening trucks. Clear the carriers, check their bags for mail coming back from the street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island Districts. It was what one made of it. if one worked hard they were usually considered for advancement if an individual was seeking advancement. I always sought to improve myself and was elevated to a Level 22 which is the highest level in a station or branch. I also filled in for thye Area manager whenever he was detailed.
Pro érvek
Fair pay and decent benefits. Availibility to advance.
Kontra érvek
Unions often caused stress to management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I find it very interesting that I have to submit other information about my current job in order for you to make money and find additional employment .
Munkahelyi kultúra
real strong place to work
valuable

management needs better communication skills

great coworkers

new experience

hard working enviroment

diversity i got to work with people from cultures
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés