United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Birmingham, AL

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
81 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 726 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy job great benefits repetitive work if you have kids you’ll get home when they are sleep and be at work when they are in school. Takes a long time to become regular
Munkahelyi kultúra
A serious and friendly environment. Most days I go out to other companies to work without any supervision. Therefore I have to really know my job because sometime I have to make decisions on behalf of the company. I have to know how to go online and read certain manuals and booklets which contain the necessary information that I need to make a decision. That probably is the hardest part of the job because sometimes you have to read several manuals before your find the information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I work with. There is always something new because of the various updates we receive on a continuous basis. Management is pretty good. They will work with you when you have a problem or something. When I stay in we basically have the same customers every day.
good pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
rules are always changing sometimes its hard to keep up
Munkahelyi kultúra
Program Manager for security programs for all postal operations in the states of Alabama and Mississippi
Self managed
Kontra érvek
Pay not equal to responsibility
Munkahelyi kultúra
After training period a overall good place to work.Challenging great benefits opportunity for management
Meeting people in community
sometime very long hours
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
mail handler at all times. 12hours work place7days a week. i really love my job at the time i was with united states postal service.
Pro érvek
good job and good benfits
12hours shitfs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hot, dusty environment, I learned the process of mailing through the Postal Service. Management was not the most professional. My co-workers were mostly friendly and easy to work with, a lot of older employees that were not as welcoming. The hardest part of the job was working over night and only having one night off. The most enjoyable part was the paycheck.
the pay
no health care
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed working at every job I have had, it gave me the opportunity to work with the public and meet other people which I love. I learned to accept people for who they are, For the most part I had very good co-workers. The most important and enjoyable part of my job was being able to help someone else. Management had its ups and downs, there was nothing hard about the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Day for me is sorting mail in timely manner. My management is good nothing much to say about them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has it's good days and also it's bad days. But over all it is a great job if you are an "outside" type of person. Which im really not. Management and my co-workers are very helpful with making your day a lot better. The hardest part of the job; would be on a new route which bad wheather.
Pro érvek
I get to meet new people daily and everyday is different.
Kontra érvek
There is no air conditioner in the trucks and when it's hot outside it's even hotter in the truck.
Munkahelyi kultúra
On a typical day, things may go wrong (i.e. workers may have problems at home) and I have to find someone to cover their shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to start the day and end the day knowing that everything that needed to be done was done. Safety was the number one priority.
Pro érvek
safe working environment, interacting with different people
Kontra érvek
technology replacing people, personal service
Munkahelyi kultúra
An experienced manager, highly analytical, with solid communications skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced high-pressured environment while remaining efficient and productive. Strong attention-to-detail, proactive and results-oriented developed from a broad, dynamic background.
quality dept.
poor quality out put
Munkahelyi kultúra
typical day at work included sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer coding unreadable mail. Enjoyed being able to listen to books on tape while encoding mail.
Pro érvek
schedule and pay were very good
Kontra érvek
limited contact with the public and coworkers
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work consists of loading and unloading trucks of mail using the towmotor forklift&motorised pallet jack separate and sort mail using color codes to show older mail.The hardest part of job is the work hours sometimes i would have 65 overtime hours in 2 weeks.I learn how to work under stressful situations. I enjoyed the benifits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned the process of how the mail is process by class and sent to it final location for delivery. Management need to be consistent and need to be knowledgable as well of how the plant operates. Co-workers are great to work with. I am able to work alone and also as a team, with instruction and I also can take the initiative to start and complete task given. The hardest part of the job is too much overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are doing all you can make sure the customers mail and packages are delivered in a safe and timely manner.
working with co-workers
Kontra érvek
because you are on your feet 8-12hours a day you should have at least 1hr lunch break.
Munkahelyi kultúra
normal day involved sorting, bundling, and handling of daily mail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a wonderful and enjoyable experience working for the postal service. The work environment was very fast paced and there was great team work and cooperation from my co-workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Train customers and new employees the rules regarding preparing and accepting bulk business mail.
1 hr lunch
some supervisors were terriblw
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day working for the United States Postal Service would start at 7:30a.m. I would go to my assigned case and begin to sort mail accordingly. I learned that if something is repeated long enough, it becomes second nature. Experience with the management was fair, overall I cant complain. My co-workers were easy to get along with and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was the extreme temperatures outside. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was constantly doing something and the salary.
Pro érvek
the type of work and the salary
no guaranteed hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a very demanding, but exciting job. Required on going hard work and focus. There was a lot of manual labor with loading and unloading truck. This people I worked with were very friendly and helpful with the work load. The tough part was the long hours some days with 12 hours and late evening shifts.
Pro érvek
continuous work, always busy, teamwork
Kontra érvek
short breaks, very heavy packages with no mechanical assistance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working with this organization for 35 years in many capacities in five different states in many functional capacities. Managed as many as 275 employees with payrolls exceeding $12M, and revenues exceeding $23M.
Pro érvek
free to manage day-to-day operations
Kontra érvek
quasi-government entity unable to make rapid changes as any business should be able to.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the postal service was truly an experience like none other. Learning the process in which it take for a single letter to sent and received is much more complicate than an average person would know. Management is very unorganized but a whole my experience here has been a tremendously impacting. The most enjoyable part of my job would be my interaction with co-workers.
salary