United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Baton Rouge, LA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
54 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 740 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at United States Postal Service is not health. No time off. Forget a social life. Management doesn’t care about what you got going on personally. They only care about getting the mail out . Compensation is great but no benefits .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job with great pay and great benefits. The management was horrible most of the time though, and little organization. The hours were a bit much also. Didn't give me much time for anything other than post office. Took a lot of time away from my children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work, When I make it to work the first thing I Do is sort out my packets for my route, Load my LLV then I proceed to the route. What I've learned from working this job is that, You must be organized in people love getting a delivery. Management with this company is great.
Pro érvek
Your not in the office your outside in the element
Kontra érvek
the weather can get bad some days
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are not in one of the "popular groups" than USPS is not for you!!! My 2cnd week, I was being talked about because I have a disability and was working a little slower than the other postal workers and instead of being helped I was made fun of and talked about to the point where I cried and quit without notice!!!! Prior to me quitting, I made management aware of the gossip about my disability being spread and nothing was done. On top of all that your whole life is basically taken because youre at work for 5am til you finish everything which is about 6-7pm. Not for a single parent!!!!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to work out in the field with customers at various commercial and residential areas. I was being of service to the community and able to apply my customer service skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started out with the mindset of sky is the limits. I worked in many different post offices and learn 9 different jobs. I enjoyed working for the post office until I hit a glass ceiling. That ceiling was the no college education. Although, working for the post office was a lifestyle change for the better.
Pro érvek
Great on-the-job training for different jobs
Kontra érvek
employees were not to trustworthy toward co-workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed interacting with the customers and the data entry. Management wasn't always fair and were expected to be harsher than necessary. The employees were expected to meet all requirements of the job, but not always willing to carry their required weight.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A productive place to work, job advancement, you are promoted by seniority, your vacation is earned by the days your work on each pay period, you can take as many paid vacation days you have and there is paid sick leave accumulated in the same manner. Great job
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a good time working for the company but some employees can really get next to you if you don't watch it. I think the managers add extra anxiety to the job because of favoritism.
great benefits
working relatioship
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day here was always repetitive. the management I worked underneath was very experienced and knew how to operate a warehouse. The hardest part of the job was having all mail prepared for the next morning. the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Always work to be done and a very stressful environment. The pay was the best part of the company. The management could use more work. Over all if you stick with it, its a good company to make a career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My day starts off as working the window and assisting the customers. I sale postage stamps, mail packages, and process pass ports.The work environment has changed so much throughout the years. Management now has more stress and pressure on them to get mail delivered and to satisfy the customers in customer service. The hardest part of my job is having to work over to get the work finish when we are under staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I did my best to assist the customers in whatever issue that they have. And also to know that I finish whatever job assignment that was given to me.
Pro érvek
Good benefits, paid holidays and good retirement.
Kontra érvek
I personally would like to have the weekends off, The idea of only working Monday through Friday would work for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job was okay but stressful at times. The management was horrible. I learned the delivering process and how to case the mail. Every day was a long busy day. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've encountered a lot of stress in my life, but this takes it all. Communication is minimal when it comes to learning your routes. A carrier who had the route the previous day may not alert you to the threat of a dog or dogs at particular houses, in order to keep you away from their route and secure hours. There isn't enough time to learn the job before you are tossed out on your own and you are expected to perform as quickly as the older carriers. They do not care about the newer employees and give them all the routes no one else wants. I would prefer to take my skills somewhere they will be used and beneficial.
Good pay.
Literally everything else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for there was always something new to learn within the postal service. The hardest part of my job was most of the time I was unable to take lunch on time, I would work for seven to eight hours before lunch. Management was very poor at the time I was employed with the postal service they seem to always have an attitude problem for no reason. What I enjoyed most working with some of my colleagues they became like family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you have a young kids, this is not the place for you. If you can not stay at work when asked (even with short notice) this is not this place for you. Also, employees with seniority get preference with ANYTHING. if you argue with an employee that has been there for years and you've just started (even if the employee with seniority is at fault) you will lose your job. the facility i worked at was POORLY managed. We could not keep a facility manager AT ALL. The district POSTMASTER did not know how to communicate with employees. She yelled at supervisors on the work floor and assumed she knew everything, even if you went months without visiting the facility. the only pros to this job was the compensation (sometimes) and the benefits.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
EVERYTHING ELSE
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the bean counters in management. A typical day at work starts at 7:00am and ends when you have finished delivering all the mail on your route.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office offered varied duties which gave me a lot of experience. I was often appointed to be the team lead. I became very familiar with operations in a short period of time. There were great benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you like the heat this is the job for you I enjoyed it but during the holidays it can get a little overwhelming the pay is good and my co workers were great
Munkahelyi kultúra
Start YOUR DAY BY Casing your mail , deliver the mail and deliver packages.Great people to work with.i have learned that the heat can be beat just have to take it day at a time.The hardest part is dealing with the heat.
freat co workers
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Interacting with different people on daily basis. Completing route in a timely manner. Learning the different classes of mail. Ensuring delivery of mail in all types of in climate weather
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Excessive long hours