United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Baton Rouge, LA

50 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 233 értékelés megtekintése
Working at USPS
All jobs has it’s pros and cons. Love my job but dislike management. Pay is reasonable, higher than average without needing a degree but you have to deal with a lot of unnecessary things. Benefits are great. Overtime a plus. Paid holidays && vacation. You work 90% of the time( not for you if your aren’t dedicated or have a family to tend to). You only have a scheduled start time, schedule time to get off is TBD(daily). Place you could retire from if you have tuff skin. Can be a better job if they put better knowledgeable individuals in charge who know real work is and appreciate what you do.

RAIN, SLEET, SNOW, TORNADOES, INJURED, SICK, DEATH IN FAMILY, EARTHQUAKES, BOMB THREATS, ROBBERIES etc. They don’t care about nothing but delivering mail. They could care less about you. Management tend to harass and pick on individuals who are doing their work efficiently. People in management are 90% idiots who doesn’t know anything about carrying mail neither the job they’re assigned to. extremely too much favoritism. When trying to expand your knowledge or move up within the company, management isn’t helpful(they prefer for you to slave your entire career there as city carriers).
Cep
I loved my job. Right now I’m try to get back to USPS. If you just coming for the money and not the work please look for something else to do. The supervisor and coworkers is one big family but still get the job done on time.
Great Paying Job
I only worked for the Holidays when we the holiday helpers delivered the packages. I was paid at the time $16.86 an hour which was in 2017. Great pay Great hours but a lot of physical work. This job will get you in shape. You don't get benefits and paid time off until you become a regular postal carrier.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great benefits, physical labor, evening and nights probable with weekends
The USPS requires attention to detail, physical prowess, the ability to think ome's feet with flexibility and adaptability to changing situations. Schedule may require nights and weekends...
Your Decision
The job is ok. Good money to live a good life but not as much as UPS. Management is horrible and your kids don't matter. You don't get enough Saturdays. you get on management bad side, they will try to make your life on the job horrible as a cca.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Very stressful
I was fired for medical reasons. Supervisor showed favoritism and was very sexist. He catered to men. You can't have a life outside of the post ofiice if you're a cca unless you're one of the supervisor favorites.
productive
typical day depends on the weather and the workload. management doesn't really care the work culture is all over the place the hardest part of the job is the weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work environment is toxic
Every job has its toxicity, but this is by far the most toxic job I’ve ever had. No work life balance whatsoever. You’re working long hours, 10-12 hours a day. 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Management is horrible especially with communication. The pay is excellent but you don’t get good benefits or anything until after you become regular which could take years.
Pay is awesome
I can say i loved the pay at the post office but i cant say its a fun place to work. I didnt hate my job but it is boring and dull because there are no windows and you work on this huge, black, concrete floor with a lot of noisy machines running the whole tour.
Good for Career
Really good job for a career that doesn't require additional school like College. Very fast paced for the Holidays.I found the worked to be helpful. Loved the overall experience.
2,0
Super humans apply
All they care about is getting the mail delivered that's it...you can be replaced dont get sick, aches & pains NOTHING IN YOUR FIRST 90 DAYS! Good pay
United States Postal Service
A typical day at the USPS is basically learning everything i a mannerly time framed. I learned everything and I love the job from sorting and unloading mail off the truck. Management is never a problem they make sure the work is getting done and that you being observe for everything you do. Hardest part is nothing that I can say because every bit of the timely job is worth it. The most enjoyable part is meeting and learning something new every day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding and challenging place to work.
The United States Postal Service is a rewarding place to work. Things have changed over the years with the new hires. They're not as dependable and hardworking.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good benefits and comp package but stressful
Had to do everything on a timely basis which was fine with me but had some folks there who were lazy and did not want to work as a team. excellent pay and benefit package. a lot of lifting. need to be in good physical condition to do this job.
a lot of noisy machinery but I did learn a lot about the mail flow and how it affects the public
good pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
very physical if you aren't used to it
Terribly dysfunctional
Some shops are better than others, but none are great. My last manager had been a letter carrier and had no experience in an auto shop, but had been a Marine and still treated others like they were recruits and he was a drill sergeant.
Insurance and retirement
Kontra érvek
Terrible management, lack of any support.
poor management
very poor management down grading to employees slow advancement treated like second hand citizens and has no concern about family of personal life . sad sad sad
Pro érvek
out on the street peace of mind
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun work enviroment
Working for USPS Services was challenging but full of great joy. You travel to different communities, interact with different people, and impact lives.
Exercise, Customer Interaction
Weather
Life consuming workplace
Good job with great pay and great benefits. The management was horrible most of the time though, and little organization. The hours were a bit much also. Didn't give me much time for anything other than post office. Took a lot of time away from my children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great palce to work in get paid for working
A typical day at work, When I make it to work the first thing I Do is sort out my packets for my route, Load my LLV then I proceed to the route.

What I've learned from working this job is that, You must be organized in people love getting a delivery.

Management with this company is great.
Pro érvek
Your not in the office your outside in the element
Kontra érvek
the weather can get bad some days
2,0
Poor management!!!
If you are not in one of the "popular groups" than USPS is not for you!!! My 2cnd week, I was being talked about because I have a disability and was working a little slower than the other postal workers and instead of being helped I was made fun of and talked about to the point where I cried and quit without notice!!!! Prior to me quitting, I made management aware of the gossip about my disability being spread and nothing was done. On top of all that your whole life is basically taken because youre at work for 5am til you finish everything which is about 6-7pm. Not for a single parent!!!!
City Carrier
I was able to work out in the field with customers at various commercial and residential areas. I was being of service to the community and able to apply my customer service skills.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés