United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Austin, TX

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Austin, TX88 értékelés
88 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 430 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job in the beginning. I enjoyed my customers my duties and my route. However there is too much of a political agenda at the postal service, the only people who prosper and advance are the ones who will eat heir young to survive. Management only cares about self preservation.
PAY
YOUR BODY WILL SUFFER
Munkahelyi kultúra
You won't get trained. This is the kind of job where is sink or swim attitude. They don't teach you anything, but they expect you to know everything. You've gotta befriend coworkers fast so they can help train you. If you don't learn fast they threat to fire you or pressure you into resigning.

You won't know when you have a day off. Expect to work 10 day straight for 10 hours at least.
Pro érvek
The pay is not that bad.
Kontra érvek
They don't even want you take breaks specially as CCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
To start I was a temporary employee for one year and could only work 2 six month terms. Luckily the civil service test opened a few months after . It took about 6 months before I was called to go for physical. I was hired at the post office at the age of 40. As a career employee I had 20 years in when I retired. That job offered me a good wage, a pension and health insurance. I was blessed to get the job. I give 100% in everything I do no matter what my age is.
good wages. good benefits
Kontra érvek
Mandatory overtime over holidays of 10 to 12 hours a day. Some bad supervisors at times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Early morning to end shift when you finishing with your task. 5-6 days rows work as everyday. Hard part of the job is sorts mails and packages then to delivery heavy packages.
Pro érvek
good work team with other rca
Kontra érvek
No lunch break, and communicate access
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Postal Service has good pay and decent benefits. The culture within, however is horrible. You have managers and supervisors who are totally useless and try to use intimidation to get what they want. The problem is, is that the Post Office will let anyone who wants to be a supervisor, supervise, whether they are qualified or not. You might be pushing a broom this week, and a supervisor next week.You have people being put into high paying jobs who have no skills at all. It's disorganized and can be dangerous. I'd say only apply to USPS as a last resort. If you can get your money somewhere else, do that. Had I known how it really was, I would have gone with a different government agency.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very demeaning and ignorant management. Subtle racism and extreme sexism. Supervisors are awful no matter where you are placed. Pay is great but you’re treating like slaves and have absolutely no social life. Don’t get caught up in the pay and benefits. DO NOT GIVE YOUR LIFE TO THIS PLACE
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible company to work for. You dont have work life balance. wont allow you to take days off even if a family emergency
Management is terrible

no job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depend on how you doing work and 10-12 hours force you must work. Of course, get a pay well and benefits, yes hard part of the job, a little enjoyable part of job
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post Office has provided me with many opportunities to learn and grow in the company. I have developed a great understanding about the importance of Analytics, Labor Relations and Project Management. Within the 30 years I have been at the Post Office, I have gained many core competencies that have propelled me to a higher level of understanding in my career, which have led to promotions and favorable job reviews.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Beware of working during peak season during the holidays, they will send you to each distribution center randomly if you are a seasonal employee because they can’t keep people with the high turnover rate, rude staff and horrible hours. Within the first week of work, I never received a set schedule until the following week, plus half of my orientation class quit on the first day! Also, they will only give priority to those who are based on seniority for full time permanent employment after the seasonal assignment is over.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After 4 years of working as a Sub Rural Carrier Assistant with the hope of soon becoming a Regular full time career employee and no longer having to sit by my phone from 7-9am as On Call ready to come in 5 days a week They only guaranteed you ONE day of work a week ( usually Saturdays) so the regular route Carrier for your assigned route has a relief day off other than Sundays of course. No way to really make plans for your home life Lots of ridiculous paperwork and red tape and hoops to jump through to ask for any time off and that’s without pay!!! Four years and haven’t earned a single day of paid time off for sickness or vacation time!!!!
The office has a very strong resemblance of what it feels like to be an animal or inmate with the Supervisors and Management are Wardens and Guards. Playing mind games and bullying for their own entertainment and pleasure .

Filing grievances to get help calls the Union rep in and it gets you nowhere ( goes endlessly for months in circles with paperwork and red tape ) Unresolved and now you are personal vendetta against them.

You will hear in meetings that the office has been growing so more new routes are coming up and other things to make you think about just hanging in there a little longer than you’ll finally get a route and full time career status with all the federal employees benefits . But after a while, all the promising things that they were saying, have been recanted. Poof gone!

If you play their games and do whatever they ask ( basically living in the post office working days on end and not being paid on random
 - több...
Pro érvek
Few weeks of paid classroom training, at local distribution plant
Kontra érvek
High stress, exposure to the elements, management expectations unrealistic and highly dangerous Life put at risk for speedy delivery, really all of this job is Cons
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They united states postal service can be a very rewarding job. Good place of employment great benefits. Many opportunities for advancement not only in management but also in technical and mechanical crafts.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Under the right management, the post office is capable of great success. Sometimes the money isn't what you would hope for. But still a solid career. Management can be stressful when it starts to get late.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall a good place to work due to great benefits and if you keep your head down, do your job and don't give management a reason to know your name. Sadly no room to move up if you're smart. The only people that seem to apply to management are lazy and have very little morals when it comes to integrity and honesty. I would love to go into management partly because the vehicles do NOT have AIR CONDITIONING and there is so much physical strain on your body. From the roughly 40 supervisors/managers we've gone through in the last 8 years, my survey is that they are not people I could ever imagine having a productive working relationship with. I go in, work hard and am on the street managing my own time by myself every day. If I had to work in the office with upper management I would feel like I always had a target on my back. It would be interesting to do the management to see if they are literally told to lie to workers to tell them they have less to deliver than they do therefore save money and make you rush to do your job. Management is always stressed out and unorganized. They seem to lack the skills to preform their job. All of these reasons are why the hard workers that actually WOULD make great managers will never move up. They might not get paid as much, but having to deal with being literally yelled at by the upper management because of something you don't have the resources to fix. This is why management is so awful. The only ones that apply are the dumb and lazy ones who are willing to lower their values and be yelled at or the ones that are so awful that they - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a contract post office so pay wasn't great, but it was fun and very busy. Christmas is another story. Its stressful with a line out the door from open to close.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is a joke. The job gets better after a while. However it will physically take a toll on your body. Hours aren’t guaranteed unless you’re on a hold down. Pay is ok, but say goodbye to your family and responsibilities outside of work. You are just another body to run down at the post office!

Apply if you wish. Do everything online don’t pay for anything. Watch your email for communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Fun people to be around. Great customers to deal with on a daily basis. Clean and well organized place to work. Very friendly place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Postal Service mail sorters, processors, and processing machine operators prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution at post offices and mail processing centers. They load and unload postal trucks and move mail around mail processing centers. They also operate and adjust mail processing and sorting machinery.
Job Security
short break
Munkahelyi kultúra
A very interesting and competitive work place. Various types
of people and situations to deal with, I would rate my entire

time I was a Postal Service employee. I made many great friends, that I frequently chat with on a weekly basis. I cherish their friendship despite being hundreds of miles apart! Overall a wonderful place to have worked and the only place working there didn’t seem like work at all to me.
Pro érvek
Do your job and everyone is happy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The salary was great for the work that you put in. The work is often boring and not challenging. Management seems to but more work loads on those that work rather than managing those that do not.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed The work and the culture. Management open to suggestions. Postal Service very one to moving up or try to move up. Training at the National Center was also great very learning.