United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Akron, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
37 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 734 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
When first hired was not told that i was not a regular employee, not told that my life had to be put on hold because they force you to work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week and always threatening you if you don't work them until you get hired in and then you work harder then the clerks and the clerks get payed more then mail handlers for doing less work. Management is terrible and always threatening people with writing people up, they try and tell you how to do your job when they have never done your job, managers that get into fights in plants just get moved to other buildings and keep there jobs and get promoted in some cases to Plant Managers or Acting Plant Managers even with a zero tolerance policy but if the same thing happens with a regular worker and they immediately try firing you and put you out of the building. just not a good place to work for, until the post office turns itself around and they quit running it like its part of the military and run it like a regular business, i don't see any big changes happening any time soon.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did not enjoy working there at all there was no help with training they just put you on a route with a map and said go for it. Your fellow carriers were in such a hurry to get in and out they acted as if you were invisible. Some days I would get there at 5:00am and leave at 7:30pm. The money was good but no time to enjoy.
Good money
Long hours to start
Munkahelyi kultúra
Going into the job you would think that it is easy. This is not the case, you have to take in to consideration miles of walking and being subject to the elements day in and day out. As well as dogs, accidents, people in general, and safety hazards all over.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the post office is really hard work when you are not in shape. The people are friendly and are very helpful when you are new. The Pay is Wonderful an the job security is the best.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I first got this job I was pretty excited seeing as though how hard and how long it takes to get in there. Classroom training was about a week or so lo g and was very informative yet boring. But then afterwards then send you to your home station and you do on thr job training from then on. The first day was rough and just consisted of following a regular employee around on their route and she was "training me" showing the how's of the job. When it came to me getting my own route to carry, which was 3 days later, I still felt like I didn't know anything. Management is terrible and lack basic communication skills and pretty much think you're supposed to run to finish on time and that's not how we're supposed to do according to in class training. The hours you work are bogus, because you'll ONLY get paid for the time you're actually delivering mail and not the time you get to your station in the am or three time you leave finishing up station work. The supposed "schedule" I saw online was 8am to 4pm but that was also bogus, you won't know your schedule until you come in and then get ready to leave that same day. You don't accrue any retirement, benefits, or vacation etc until after your first 90 days and they'll work you like a dog with a 3-4 hour shift and then throw out 2-3 hours in mandatory OT. CCAs are treated like trash and there's no guarantee that you'll make regular unless your station is big and has a bunch of routes available or you'll have to wait until someone gets sick, retires, dies, or quit and it could take you anywhere from 2-6 years to actually make regular. - több...
Pay
Kontra érvek
Not knowing schedule, waiting to long to become regular, treament of the CCAs, management, and misleading job application
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management had a difficult task due to the reduction in force. and completing the task with fewer workers. The co-workers were excellent in assisting and training of new employees. The hardest part of the job was the learning curve was 30 days instead of 90 days. The most enjoyable was the appreciation of the customers. I learned that United Postal Service is an excellent opportunity,because the benefits are outstanding and advancement throughout the United States.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Short learning curve
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great career for laborer who can get in "career" status. It has become harder to get a career position. Management is not recommended.
pay and benefits
pressure work enviornment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I personally just don't see my self doing this job for years to come I'm still young and I believe I can still explore my options on other jobs that I may like.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the post office was very enjoyable and productive, always busy and cross training for all employees
Pro érvek
breaks room had tvs in them
Kontra érvek
No standard shifts hours, left whenever jobs completed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pro Paid every two weeks. 40 hours a week plus OT. Con Management can be clueless and bullies. $0 hrs. is going to be closer to 50-60 hrs. Moving fast gets you more unnecessary work. Slow down and you get chewed out about how "slow" your going. Finally. Don't expect to get much time off or have a life.
Decent pay, Hours
Management, Hours, Weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorted mail that wouldn't go through the machine, entered zip codes for magazines. Co-workers were great to work with and management good to get along with.
Pro érvek
Good people to work with got good hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
nice seasonal job....great pay....relax atmosphere. The location was nice. the management were professional
Pro érvek
relax atmosphere, great pay...nice location
seasonal
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for the Postal Service for close to 17 yrs, I liked the work and people I worked with, but there are politics can get in the way of the work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
mail sorting....my co-workers were very helpful. the hardest was trying to keep up.when i completed my task
helping others
dont be late
WAS A GREAT JOB, GREAT BENEFITS, SALARY, AND RETIREMENT PACKAGE
Munkahelyi kultúra
Perfected my typing and 10-key skills. Allowed me to make decent money, and was the main source of income during my college years.
Pro érvek
able to work in solitude
no scheduling flexibility
Munkahelyi kultúra
To enter Zip Codes and Addresses of all mail to be bar coded and sent to their respective destinations.To enter all information with accuracy and speed into computer.