United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

25 574 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 575 értékelés megtekintése
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
summary
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for
Pay can be great, but you work for it. Benefits are good and meets lot of cool people. Can advance if you want to if you are a hard worker. A lot of vacation time. Good supervisors will work with you if you need certain days off.
Post Office
It's a Young People Job. If you can get on get on. MANUAL LABOR. Pay and benefits are great. Long Days. But I honestly love it. I just want you to be prepared for the Work load.
Not as advertised
You start off in a non-career position and work a ton of overtime. In theory when you make career you are no longer required to work overtime except in rare emergencies. What they don't tell you is that offices that are always hiring are always in that state of emergency. The overtime will not end until the office is fully staffed, a time that the older carriers wistfully refer to as though it were a distant memory or a fairy tale.
Work ethnic
The training is good. The work is
easy. The workers work together to get the mail to customer timely. It's a no brainers. The Postal Service is an excellent place to work.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I will never ever work for them again
Management should be removed they are like the wors ever they treat you as junk like someone who has to do their bad unresponsive, when you ask for so
Pro érvek
mthing you do not like they are one team with the union against you
Kontra érvek
unless you know someone who's good for them as there bosses...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very productive and diversified operations. Well compensated benefits. Excellent job security
Learning new things everyday. Supervisors ever ready to assist in problem solving.
Punctuality and safety precautions

Job security and advancement

Excellent customer service
Munkahelyi kultúra
whatever you do, do not excel
the union has made it so that if you take pride in your job and do it well, it is a detriment. there is ZERO incentive to be excellent. be as indifferent as the next guy and you have a shot. seniority over merit is as antiquated as the uniforms and llvs, but they blame the loss of billions of $$$ on other things. was proud, now just hate my job.
One of the WORST Companies on the Planet
Contrary to what is portrayed in public, the USPS culture is extremely toxic. PSEs are treated like garbage. You work six days a week, 8-12 hours a day. Don't expect much of a personal/family life. For PSE clerks, there’s not really a set schedule. Be prepared to work whatever management wants you to work. Management is incompetent, unprofessional, dishonest, and disrespectful. They don’t care about employees. They only care about getting mail out the door. Some coworkers are great and work hard. Others, not so much. Management picks and chooses how and who to apply rules to. If you’re friends with management, you can get away with almost anything. If not, expect a different set of standards. If you can last long enough to get converted to career, then you have it made. Conversion time varies for different locations and crafts. If your ideal job is a dumpster fire, then apply away.
Pay is good
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Be prepared to work overtime, especially around the holidays.
The only thing I didnt like about the US Post Office is the management. Lots of workers become managers with no type of training. I think that there should be a management training school that they need to go to before becoming a manager.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is excellent. The work life balance not too goid. I was on nights 21 years.If your a night owl this is the job for you.
Moneys great be prepared to sacrifice home life. Working 10 to 12 hour days, no weekends off. Be prepared to work all holidays. Night work 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm. Some jobs have split days off.
Money
Kontra érvek
Night work no weekends off, lots of overtime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Post master is awesome management needs improvement. It was good money but couldn't keep help and would work you to death. They wouldn't send help out to help you if you was running late but would throw a fit if you was late coming in
Terrible
They treat you like a A nobody and if you stand up for yourself when they are doing you wrong they will cut your hours pretty much forcing you to quit or find another job
Great place
Love working there. Management is great. Easy job. Great place to learn and explore different opportunities. Easy to get a job if you are starting out.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I hated every minute of it
I delivered mail, as a city carrier assistant, everyone at work was isolated and kept to themself, during the six months I worked there i took lunch zero times so I could finish my work on time and still had to not get paid even though i skipped lunch six months in a row, if I did all my work my reward was helping slower employees. Would not recommend.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No work/life balance with a constant state of stress and dread.
The workplace "culture" is what ultimately became a dealbreaker for me. The daily job duties take time to understand and grasp initially. The actual "work" was what I most enjoyed! It was almost like a daily game of Tetris, but with packages & mail!

The unprofessional behavior displayed by certain members of Management, yelling at employees during safety meetings for asking valid questions, berating employees on a daily basis, and bullying employees to act as "sheep" instead of actual human beings became the long list of reasons why I would not recommend this office for anyone. Constant violation or threats towards employees of "union contract enforcement", which became apparent only certain parts of any contract or postal policy was only to be followed when management "felt" like it. Management (including the local Postmaster) disregards customer harassment of employees, and does not stick behind their employees.

Not every office operates the same as far as management, but this is one I would not recommend. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet so many different customers, and learning the job, but unless you're prepared to be talked down to on a daily basis, or yelled/screamed at in front of your peers, this is not the job for you.

The Mail Carriers are amazing! Its management that needs to take a few refresher courses on how to interact with PEOPLE and employees. This office consistently treats employees like garbage. There is no such thing as "constructive criticism" or "teamwork" in this office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job just wasn’t for me
The job was kind oof over working and we only had one 15 minute break after lifting heavy boxes your supposedly should get help with and you don’t do your back is hurting and your tired the job sucked.
I would work here again
I would work here again if the hours were consistent. I didn't get enough hours to pay for daycare so it wasn't worth it at the time. However I think if given full-time hours u would work here.
Awful manager
Could never please the manager. She didnt explain things very well. The delivery part was fun and exciting. The dogs on the route was frustrating and some of the customers were not always fair n friendly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work is easy but management is poorly done. Looking for another job because of the frustrations.s
This job is easy and pretty self explanatory. Working on the machines and manual operations is easy but working with the employees and bad supervision is something I dont like.
Work is easy
Management is poor
Munkahelyi kultúra
survival of the fittest the good workers get used up !!!!
Training? There is no training. Bad attitudes lurking around you all day. Mgt. just doing whatever no communication, one say this way another says this way. you can get your fight on whenever in this ghetto atmosphere.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés