United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 246 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 246 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 423 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You came in at 6:30 am and began sorting your mail. Next, loading up your vehicle, and then going your route. I learned that you slow down so that you make fewer mistakes. Management was ok. The hardest part of it was sorting through all the mail including packages. Then going your route I thought was the most enjoyable.
great pay
Kontra érvek
having to work every day during peak season
Munkahelyi kultúra
Roseville fired me and 4 others for no reason after heavy abuse by supervisor. I transferred from Grass Valley after worse abuse by supervisor and I left Auburn to work for the state for overtime. State pays overtime, USPS does not.
Hours were ok.
Politics were awful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Sunday managers at some locations are just mean. They make working there awful. Rural delivery is also unsafe and sometimes scary and sometimes there's no cell reception for emergencies. They also require you to use your personal cell phone for navigation (again, may or may not have reception) when making you take parcels not on the written directions.
It pays well.
Kontra érvek
No cell reception in rural areas=unsafe
Munkahelyi kultúra
Need to work fairly hard, a lot is expected of everyone, don't care about personal needs. You are only a number or a tool. Schedule is ridiculous.
Trucks are very old, break down often, no air condition, very hot.

Training not good, done by people who are not trainers and don't care if you get it or not. Most regular carriers are nice, some are nasty.

Pro érvek
wages and benefits are fair
Kontra érvek
They treat RCA's like slaves, only care about their own needs.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would not recommend this as a job for anyone ever at any time unless they enjoy being treated poorly by a supervisors and management this job takes place in two locations one inside the building and one in the mail truck supervisors work you to death and treat you like a body that means nothing
All of it
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Might be more for younger adults (25-35 years) Typical day, in Bastrop-I arrived to the station by 7am, pulled my bin of larger mail (magazines, large envelopes) Cased that and then cased my DPS.Then labeled my packages...sometimes 90 plus...while casing all of their flags to the address, so I knew there was a package for that address. Pulled it all down into tubs and wrapped it into manageable bundles . Needed to have it all in my vehicle so I could take off by 10am or so.Delivered a 90 mile route and had to be back by 4:30 so the outgoing mail got on the truck. There were 900+ boxes on the route I delivered most often.It was too tough, for me, at 52...I ended up having a problem with the tendon that supports my middle finger on my right (delivery) hand, and had to quit without any notice:( DIDNT LOVE having to deliver Amazon packages, on Sunday and holidays...but as an RCA...thats what you DO. I DID ADORE the people I worked with, and hated that their jobs likely got harder, because I couldnt work:( Hope this helps!
Great wages
Alot of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
wow, where to start...management is totally incompetent, bullying is rewarded. They claim to care about safety but that's false. When you try to suggest better solutions, you will be ignored. No wonder it's a woefully failing business. Maybe the new PMG will fix things, but I also see it as making it shittier for everyone, equally. Prepare to have to be a team player lol. Even more than when you're new.
Pro érvek
working by yourself delivering, sometimes getting home early, pay good
Kontra érvek
breaks like non existent, bad management/workplace culture...a LOT of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal service sends you to orientation to watch movies about how great working for them is. How far from the truth. The trainers even gossip about other employees while telling you how not to do that practice. They have no or little respect for the covid-19 pandemic, as they train with little observance of the rights of others but expect you to learn what someone else has been doing for years and do it as good or better. People will naturally pickup someone else skills over time and patience, but not by belittling them for not fully grasping their time trained skills. As said in other comments,by others, the equipment is worn out and in some cases dangerous to drive, but they care less. They expect that the wage they pay should be sufficient to go out and buy a right hand drive vehicle to be promised a part time job. no advance notice to any working schedule, except if you replace someone going on vacation for a week. Instead of hiring new carriers, they should consider better management hiring or promotion practices and keep some of the trainees they have wasted money on to hire ,rather then fire if they don't excel in weeks with this type of boot camp mentality. People who have previously been clerks most of their career think and stand behind the theory that RCA's should be able to shadow a regular carrier in a separate car around there assigned route on (1) day, then on day (2) deliver half of the route, and on day (3) deliver the other half of the route and be efficient at that job in 3 days of training and that is the USPS standards for training. You should also - több...
Pro érvek
Most regular non management co-workers are helpful and nice
Kontra érvek
Very Bad management want a be's with no clue how to manage people
Munkahelyi kultúra
They expect you to deliver as fast as the regular carrier after a week or so, which is totally unreasonable. Management called my phone every hour while I was delivereing. This is a safety issue and created a stressful work environment. They don't care if you're new, just don't come back with mail . The job is too physical. Don't apply here.
Pay
Kontra érvek
stressful work environment, no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want a life this job is not for you. Post Office owns you. Stressful. Good money but I want to enjoy life. This job wont let you. Depends on your supervisor. My supervisor didnt like me n the way she would talk to me n others was way wrong.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is good for a young person with no life and no self worth. Everyone is rude and cut throat. Good luck during the holiday seasons. I am sure cattle is treated better than you will be.
Pro érvek
Plenty of hours if you want them
Kontra érvek
The job is hard on your body and management could care less about your health.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s been a blast working for the postal service, I’ve been working in a few offices since I started up in May, I was hired in February but due to COVID I had to wait a few months to start, and I enjoy working with everybody up there, like I said I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to work with!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS promotes those who get in trouble because the union is so powerful. The worse you are the more likely you are to be promoted. Those who show up and do their job and do it well are then required to do the jobs of others who just don't have the time, or showed up late, or not at all. I had a route that the previous carrier took 8.5 hours to do every day, and I did it in under 5. This carrier threatened people at work, and walked out and quit. I was promoted, given the route, worked it for 7 months, when I was told the former employee and the union had fought to get his job back and it was his route again, and i would be demoted to part time carrier. Not to mention I had written approval to be off for my child's surgery and they called me in on that day and scheduled me and said they didn't care if my child was having surgery or that I had previously be given written approval by a previous postmaster, that if I didn't show, I would be considered AWOL and be put before a disciplinary board for termination.
You get paid for 8 hours even if it takes you 4
You get paid for 8 hours even if it takes you 12
Munkahelyi kultúra
You must purchase a right hand drive vehicle to even have a chance to be successful. You must be a quick-twitch type of person. You must be able to memorize large amounts of information. You must be fast at casing mail, sorting packages and delivering. You must be mentally tough because this job is a mental beat-down. You will work in the rain and heat as well. You'll spend considerable time repairing your car.
$18.56 per hour, $0.72 per mile
Kontra érvek
Unreasonable work load, no lunch, no breaks, 12 hard hours per day, 6 day work week, 72 hours per week, work every Sat/Sun/holiday, use your own car with numerous repair costs, inadequate & brief training, delivering NUMEROUS packages is the worst thing
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Been an RCA for nearly three years in two different offices. Read many reviews on here about management. Some of it is true, but I've had some great supervisors as well. So i think it really just depends on the office.

The best thing about the job is the pay. I mean I work part-time about 25-30 hours a week and make more than many friends working full time. As an RCA you will work every single weekend and most of holidays because the regulars always take the day after those off. And it's usually very heavy mail volume so it's like doing two days work in one and only getting paid for one.

It's a fast paced and physical job, so better for a young person. You will have some great co-workers and some that seem like they're mad at the world. But it's one of those jobs where you really don't have to talk to them. I think I've learned some valuable things about customer service and have grown as a person. So I think overall working for USPS has been a positive experience.

I would try to apply at small or medium size office because it's just less stressful that way. There's no retirement or other benefits until you go full time, which in most cases will take years. Delivering for customers is probably the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pro érvek
Good Pay, part time, get to meet new people
Kontra érvek
No weekends off, very few benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
You barely get training or poor training and are expected to be quick right in the beginning or you will get very few hours. The quicker you can get done the faster you can go home so they don't have to pay you a full 40 hours. If you spend 40 hours in your first week of training they will schedule you only 1 or 2 days to make sure you can't get 40 hours.
Pro érvek
no lunch, no breaks, get to go home after 5 to 6 hours.
Kontra érvek
only work 2 days a week if you try to get 8 hours a day in while training.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Your estimated route time is how long they think it will take you to run a route.
That route time is based on experienced carriers, and a pre-pandemic workload.

As you can imagine, online shopping has increased and that means an estimated route is 8 hours but it'll take you closer to 10 or 12 depending on the route. That means you might be working a 60 hour week and only getting paid for 40.

They may only schedule you for 1 day a week, but you can't work a second job because you need to be available to them all 7 days.

You will regularly be scheduled for one day and come in the next day and you're working 5 days with no notification. You need to check that schedule every day.

The trucks you drive are barely operational and not street safe.

Expect to break down. Often.

PS the truck might spontaneously combust.

And RCAs/ ARCs dont qualify for federal benefits until they make "regular." Which you can't until someone retires.

You will work every holiday and weekend.

"But the post office is closed sundays and federal holidays?" You aren't. They made a contract with amazon and you're working it.
No nights
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Part time position they expect you to be at their beck and call at the last minute and be waiting by the phone. Incredulous attitude toward you when you are unable to go in to work.
Pro érvek
Work solo once out of the facility.
Kontra érvek
Degrading reprimands in front of all employees on the work floor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has it perks but not with the area I worked in., I was treated very unfairly and was fired without cause. Not given proper care when accidents happened. Just awful my 10 years there
Munkahelyi kultúra
The worst job I ever had HANDS DOWN! The management lie right to your face. It was not surprising to see/hear the management being CUSSED OUT! Yes you read right, cussed out!
The Union.....I guess
Kontra érvek
No health benefits, forced to work late, no uniforms, sometimes had to use your own vehicle to make runs. The list can go on, but I will stop there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I used to love coming into work. Then the drama started. Cut throat coworkers and managers who pretend to care. If you want any kind of social life or time to do anything besides work and sleep, do not work as a carrier! Especially as an RCA or a CCA. Been working everyday, 10-15 hrs each day since Thanksgiving of 2019. Had stretches of months go by without a day off. Sleep deprivation. Heath declined. And yet they still expect you to give more. As long as they “have a body to deliver” they don’t give a rats bum about you.
Pro érvek
Free water and maybe a “thanks”
Kontra érvek
No breaks, no days off, drama. No life.