United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 246 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 246 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 430 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I left them after a year because they don't pay the RCA's hardly anything compared to the "regulars", but the RCA's do twice the work and have five times the stress. It is falling apart on many levels, but the most is that the PO doesn't want to deliver mail anymore, just Amazon. They will tell you there is no money in delivering mail and that it costs them more to do so. What they don't want to say and is illegal to say is that with their Union, they can't fire the lazy people that now litter the PO. In the branch I was in, we had a large minority working there and if they didn't feel like working that day, they didn't! They would show up, but would refuse to do anything and basically dare the supervisor to make them. "I'm in the Union, I'm black and you can't fire me! The best example: Three employees were using the trucks coming from Jacksonville that delivers the mail from the sorting facility as a drug hauler. They would load the drugs on the truck, deliver to the loading dock at the PO, and then sell on the routes. When they were caught red-handed, the Union fought for them and they did NO JAIL time and STILL KEPT THEIR JOB! They are losing money so bad, that no other company would still be in business after losing $160 BILLION! And still growing.
Pro érvek
Work by yourself after you leave the office.
Kontra érvek
No bennies to speak of for the RCS's, way less pay and no sick/holiday pay. The regulars get all that, but a sub or RCA does not.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a RCA, it has to be the most stressful job. No help you better learn the routes quick and prepare not to get help. Oh and how I forget they will complain about everything
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
rigid work schedule, had to get all of the mail delivered each day no matter the weather or the roads. Had to drive your own vehicle and also drive on the right side of the car.
later start time
Kontra érvek
Have to use your own vehicle
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The rural route that I ran had racist people on the route! Everyone on the job was from the town besides me! I got 3 days to learn 904 mailboxes. It was the hardest job I ever had in my life! Using my own vehicle to drive! Delivering mail from the wrong side of the car! Definitely rethink working in your vehicle! No lunch and no bathroom! Smh
Good money
Unorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work was fairly easy. Took a while to get the hang of things and once out of the office it was nice yet the management could care less about the employees. Good pay but would work a lot of hours. During holidays get ready for 12-15 hr shifts. Started my days at 5 am ended them around 9:30-10:00 pm with maybe 1 day off if lucky.
Management, work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Post Office could be a great career. However the management there is awful. They use time cards for RCA employees, which mean getting paid for all your time is hard. I worked 64 hours in one week and only received pay for 50 hours. I was then told I had to file a grievance which could take weeks. In order to file a grievance you have to make contact with your Union Stewart. And another hidden detail when filing a grievance if you don't pay to be in the Union the Union Stewart will not take you serious so good luck with getting your money. Let's just say I never got paid even though its was obvious I had worked the hours in question. The rumors of working for the post office is great is basically nonsense. The pay is good if they are doing right by you. Some of the routes are not evaluated accurately and the supervisor expectations of new employees are set too high when coming into this industry.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managment is rude and demanding, hours are unpredictable and your expectations are unreasonable, your mental health is at risk, and you will have absolutely no life outside of the postal service
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was by far the worst job I have ever done. I managed to stay with it for two years & never felt more happy to quit a job after I left. You really don’t have a life. If they call & you happen to answer, they expect you to drop everything & come in. They’ll put you on a route that you’ve never done before & expect you to know it without any help. Full timers get away with a lot & don’t help Part timers. Most of the supervisors are only looking out for themselves.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is deception in the job descriptions. I was looking to only work part time and due to the union contract, I worked full time. I was hired for a part time job. The amount of stress on that job is far above what people can do. They failed me.
The customers
Volume expected from employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Find anywhere else possible to work over the USPS in this day & age, too much confusion & mismanagement now! Everyone there is working under too much stress every day in every position just to get by in these trying times...im Outta there!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for the United States Postal Service but needed to find a position that allowed me to gain more hours than the amount i was able to get while working as a Rural Carrier Associate for the USPS>
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for this company for 10 years and I learned how to be a good employee.... And how to work together as a team.. Sometimes the hours are long but the pay is good.. Sucks that you are on call everyday but again it pays well...
Pro érvek
Work alone.. most of the time..
Kontra érvek
You work alone most of the time...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked very hard to complete the route. Seemed impossible most days added materials and boxes were often making it impossible to complete.Days mail was delayed made it impossible to finish route in the time frame.
wages
Kontra érvek
workload, time to complete route. too many stops
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job, love working with the public, and meeting new people, very fast paced, and I love giving good customer service. The people are all great to work with.
Rain sleet or snow
Munkahelyi kultúra
typical day at work ,sort mail ,deliver it,overall the u.s.postal has good pay,and helped me to a good retirement.the hardest part of the job dealing with management,new rules every day
Munkahelyi kultúra
Been here for 6 months and love it so far. Training was good and picked up on the route pretty quickly. Sometimes the packages are a bit overwhelming but nothing you can’t handle.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Only guaranteed one day a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm sure there was a time and place when this job was decent. My grandfather retired from it and lived comfortably until he passed from this life. But now, it's just an awful place to work. Nothing is organized, managers are jerks and are super lazy, and you are constantly harassed by management. I've worked at two different locations thinking it would be better but it was no different than the last. Give it a try, maybe it's for you, but it didn't work out for me. The postal service needs to have a do-over.
Pro érvek
Benefits if you get them, pay is good
Kontra érvek
Management, no work-life balance, unorganized, harassment, dangerous work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Let me start off by saying this. If you’re looking for a job that pays decent to start, then sure, go ahead and apply. If you’re simply looking for a part-time job, this is NOT it. I’ll go into details about that later on.

It took me (and several others) roughly three (3) months from start (application submitted) to finish (first day training) to begin my/our career(s) with the USPS. You’ll be with several other applicants during the orientation/pre-training process.

Your first actual day at the office will consist of learning where things are in the office, the case and how to case, and eventually how to deliver mail. You probably will not deliver mail on your first day, you will watch the career carrier mostly. You’ll spend several weeks in training which will consist of learning the case, how to case, sort parcels, how to load your truck, and how to deliver the mail. There is so much to learn and list. You’ll be working quite a bit (I was working 3-5 days during my training period) during your training period.

Eventually, once you learn how everything works, and you’ve somewhat got a good grasp on what you’re doing, you’ll be thrown on the route by yourself with little to no assistance. Once the post office feels like you’ve got the basics, this is where you’ll have to be flexible. You will be working only one guaranteed day a week on your primary route when the carrier you’ve been training with is off. Other than that, you could possibly be off the next several days, or perhaps you’ll be scheduled on a different route in that particular office one day, or you’ll be
 - több...
Pay (for some) Good co-workers
Kontra érvek
Overworked, Unfair management/supervisors, No benefits yet they work you like a full-time employee, Lots of favoritism.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work for the USPS and recommend it for those who have a lot of time on their hands. The pros of working here is meeting great people and customers. Cons, the hours are hard to meet if you have a growing family and don’t have much time to spare
Munkahelyi kultúra
Go to P.O. put all the mail for that day, then put packages in delivery order. Load my truck,proceed to my route and do my job.Management is up and down, being there so long, they come and go, some know how to do there jobs some don't.The hardest part of the job is the elements, can be extremely hot or bitter cold, the LLVs (mail trucks) are pretty old . and do not make for a bearable day when the weather is rough. When it snows our LLVs are horrible, hollow tin with no weight and rear wheel drive.The best part about the job, when you leave the office you are on your own, just me the mail and my customers.
Pro érvek
used to get some free pastries or water, it's been awhile
Being treated unfairly