United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

2 392 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 20 839 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
They work you to death and tell you to hurry hurry
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Basalt, CO2019, május 23.
Do not work here.terrible unsafe worplace. They work you to death . Ask you when are you going to be done every hour. Worst job i ever had. No no no no no no
Amazon
Munkahelyi kultúra
good
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Enfield, IL2019, május 23.
drove around the country delivering mail in a small rural area in Illinois. Sort, pick up and deliver. Used personal vehicle but was allotted millage.
Felt like family
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Soddy-Daisy, TN2019, május 23.
If you do not like working outside then this job is not for you! If you don't like working close to Christmas or holidays this job is not for you! However if none of that bothers you.... I had the pleasure of working at a small post office where everybody knows everybody and everyone likes to help out whoevers struggling. Just like every business you have your good days and bad days and your nosy people and the people who you like and can trust. The only downfall is that you have to be on call when you first come in but it's well worth it in the compensation and also you come in as a substitute which means you don't get all the benefits of a government worker until you become a regular which could take some time. But you still get one week unpaid vacation as a sub you just got to make sure you can keep up with the route you are assigned. It's a lot of hard work but it's worth it 100%.
Compensation, friendly people
Kontra érvek
Working out in weather, NO work life balance, NO benefits for newbies
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great experience learning to deliver mail.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Alma, GA2019, május 22.
I liked learning how to deliver mail in a fast paced timely manner. My coworkers were a big help. Management is too worried about others personal business than managing people in the work environment.
Pro érvek
Working on your own free will.
Kontra érvek
Costs of vehicle down time and repairs can get costly
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a very quick paced company
Rural Carrier Letter Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hazleton, PA2019, május 22.
It was a very interesting experience to work in USPS, it is a quick paced duty, but the work environment is amazing. We use to start organizing the DPS en other mail and parcels, go to the route at 11:00 am, and take the whole day to complete the route, it make this job entertained.
The Federal Benefits
Kontra érvek
This work makes a lot of pressure to the employee
Employees Are Not Valued By The Upper Echelon
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Northeast Kingdom2019, május 22.
This is the only company I have ever worked for that doesn't compensate their employees during the holidays. All they care about is NOT paying overtime! They send a general email to the postmaster about how "thankful" they are for the work everyone does. The postmaster then shares that with the crew...did I mention hysterical laughter followed by, well, I hate to say it but...puking and scowls? Any corporation I have ever worked for at least gave employees a certificate towards a ham or turkey...some even had them delivered to the property so they could be picked up...to convenience the employees! Imagine that...the postal service really could use some fair & humane management training.

Amazon made it worse. Now people work so many hours there is no chance to have a life...and they still insist the job needs to be done in the same amount of time even though there are three to four times the packages than there used to be! The postmaster suffers right along with everyone else...it's ridiculous! I left the job because six to seven days a week, minimum 10 hours (on a slow day) per day got to be too much. Yes, the money was okay, but not worth missing my family and the rest of my life. Enough was enough!!!!!
Pay is "ok"
Kontra érvek
Too much work, no compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
The workers are very competitive and selfish
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Concord, NC2019, május 21.
This company use me just for a temporary job as they use most of the people that they hired close to October, because they need it. They never clarify during the training that you are there because they need to cover the season. Dishonestly company for me.
payment
Kontra érvek
You are considered as a machine or computer instead of human being
Munkahelyi kultúra
Better if offered full time employment
RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dexter, MO2019, május 21.
Originally thought I was being hired on as full time with benefits, but that is not how the do it at the post office, you are part time as needed, on call six days a week, with no benefits. Would take several years to be full time.
Energetic
Assistant Rural Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palm Bay, FL 329072019, május 21.
This job is very fast-paced and physical demanding. Supervisors are kind and really care about the employees. Must keep hydrated at all times especially during the summer months.
per diem
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lake Wales, FL2019, május 20.
this position is per diem which does not guarantee other than one day or work per week. this is kind of stressful for the person that is looking to be able to feed his family, for the young people with not many responsibilities it might work.
great work enviroment
not enough hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst place i ever worked.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ringgold, GA2019, május 20.
The training was sub-par and the management was very unsupportive. They expected you to be unsafe while driving on the opposite side of your own personal vehicle because they don't provide sub drivers with a delivery truck.
poor management.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful place to work but not enough hours
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lodi, OH2019, május 20.
Absolutely love working here but as a sub in a small office there are not enough hours to make a living. If you are at a large office you are over worked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a good job .mail can be a little overwhelming
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Savannah, GA2019, május 19.
Learning different routes is exciting..delivering for different routes can be a little bit challenging because some routes are larger than others so there is more mail and packes to deliver
This is a terrible job
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Peculiar, MO2019, május 19.
The people that work here work really hard and they are highly unappreciated. The management is constantly nit picking about everything. You have to wait forever to get to be a full time employee because they only promote from within. So in the mean time you will start out working 1 day a week and getting tiny paychecks unril the holidays when you get slammed and i mean slammed were talking 60+ hours a week. You never see your family on any of the holidays. Wouldnt work here again for nothing.
Pays good.
Dirty job, no appreciation
5,0
Safety is a must.
Part time rural carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lumberton, MS2019, május 18.
I start my day off by say good morning to everyone. Look at my case area for any mail on hold. Get my mail that is sorted already to go through it to observe any holding mail. Then I get my packages marked by my route, and organize in order packages while marking them. I then get my hot case mail that is not sorted, I organize it in order of my route. I then double check to make sure I have it all. I pull down in order of my route to keep organized. Load my vehicle up as neatly as possible for my route to have a organized day.
Get paid mileage
Kontra érvek
When your vehicle breaks down
Munkahelyi kultúra
its the easiest, hardest job I've ever had
Assistant Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Centreville, MD2019, május 18.
It's an easy job if you're organized and learn fast. The moneys good, especially during thanksgiving christmas time. the rest of the year can be a struggle as an RCA you are only guaranteed 1-2 days a week (possibly 2-3 if your office does amazon on sundays but if there are too many rcas in the office you have to rotate, it also depending on how many routes and rcas the office has) you're expected to be available when needed, so if someone calls out or something happends, if your lucky they will call the night before but quite often its the morning of so never make plans cause you are certain to get called in if you do. after your 90 day probation period you can call around to other offices to get hours but keep in mind your home office comes first. This is not a job where you can have a second day job unless your second job is super flexible. hope this helps anyone considering an rca position
good hourly pay
Kontra érvek
the wait for a full time postion
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent place to work if you have the right Postmaster.
Rural Route carrier associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jennings, OK2019, május 18.
The Postmaster at my facility was an amazing advocate for the employees, however the district manager and above have the philosophy of "We were looking for someone when we hired you. You're replaceable". The company, as a whole, demonstrates very poor communication among their staff.
Pro érvek
Excellent pay for the job.
Kontra érvek
Extremely poor support from company- It is a union shop
Toxic environment
Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Arkansas2019, május 17.
It's hard to say what a typical work day is like when your typical work day is always changing. This is a failing business and they are always looking for ways to cut costs, usually at the cost of the ones who are doing all of the work. There are more arbitrary and useless rules being introduced daily. You are not treated like a human being who is able to learn from their mistakes, you are expected to be perfect from day one. The most enjoyable thing about the job is that you get to be by yourself all day, and even then you aren't truly by yourself since you have a GPS tracking your every move and alerting your supervisor. You aren't even allowed to go to the bathroom unless you count it as part of the 30 minutes you get for a lunch break.
Pro érvek
Get to be outside instead of in an office all day
Kontra érvek
The most stressful work environment ever
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Part Time Hire
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kingston, NY2019, május 17.
Work is physically and mentally demanding. You sort mail from one stack to another to correspond with the way you drive to drop off mail. You then relocate these trays to vehicle in order and then you leave your location. The hardest part of the job is trying to finish the delivery in the allotted time, especially with different distractions.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
good paying job
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ellicott City, MD2019, május 17.
some days are good and somedays can be overwhelming & stressful. somedays you have people there that will help you. but you can not depend on people to help you all the time, especially when they have to case up and pull down there entire route plus delivering mail & parcels. I don't mind helping people sometimes.
My motto is to get in & get out I don't like being there all day, its too hot to be casing up & delivering mail all morning & evening so the less you talk the more work you can case so you can hurry up and get on the street.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van