United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

2 547 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 21 811 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed the job, loved the compensation. Didn't like not knowing
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Port Orange, FL2019, augusztus 8.
The job is and was hard 9 hr to 12 hr days in the hot sun and vehicles have no A.C could put you to the test. Sometimes if they called you in on your not normal days you needed to come in with your own vehicle and have insurance to be covered so you can drive for USPS. Still the job was good for me. The part that didn't work out for me and my family was getting one day a week drop everything on call . So if you were out spending time with your family around 1 pm get a phone call to tell you that you have to come in proved stressful and hardship especially if that job wasn't your bread and butter.
Rca job
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tennessee2019, augusztus 7.
I was an RCA for over 10 years, with promise of advancement to become a regular carrier every year, then few years back we merged with another 2 offices. No benefits being an RCA... holidays and ice/snow storms, I knew for sure I’d be called in, never a weekend off in 10 years. Saturday’s were mandatory. We couldn’t budget extra training on the new RCAs, therefore they’d quit.
2,0
Rca
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Missouri2019, augusztus 7.
This was an on call position, and cover every Saturday for the regular. Post masters will determine how you like your job... Since it was “on call” my post master would not approve me to be absent to see family in another state. He said “if you’re called in during that time and you can’t make it in it may count against you”. We had an ice storm one morning with 1/8-1/4 inch of ice on roads. We couldn’t stop at stop signs and we were sliding off the roads while parked at mail boxes. He would not pull us off the roads because he said he wasn’t authorized to do so. He said he had to wait for one of us to wreck. WRECK! It took state troopers to pull us off roads because we were hazards to other drivers.

The pay was ok... they decide how long it takes to run your rout and that’s what they pay you. Period. Even if it takes you 5 hours longer... you still get paid the rout rate. It’s horrible during holidays when there are a ton of packages. Sometimes we couldn’t fit al the mail in the vehicles so we have to make second trips back to the post office to reload. My rout was rated at about 7 hours. There were days mail was so heavy it took 10-11 hours. That means we didn’t truly get paid the 3-4 extra hours.

They do pay for you to use your vehicle but it hardly covered maintenance, tires, gas, and yearly personal property tax.

They then made Sundays mandatory for us RCA’s. Sunday’s we were made to deliver amazon packages. They do have special positions for that but there are just so many packages they have to recruit RCA’s to fill the shortage.

You get no vacation,
  több... no benefits, no sick time, and you are expected to jump when the regular calls you in on NO notice. Doesn’t matter what you have to do that day... you are expected to be available 24/7. It makes it difficult to keep appointments, children events, special occasions.

I guess the only pro I can think of is there is hardly any supervision. Once you are there you’re on your own sorting mail and getting your vehicle ready. Then when you are on the road you it’s nice not having a boss breathing down your back. You do get a lunch time but we normally work through lunch just to make the rout in time.
  kevesebb
It took me 4 months to get hired & 2 days to unfairly be fired
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scottsburg Indiana2019, augusztus 6.
The postmaster & the supervisor were not friendly or helpful. The other employees were great. It's a fast paced job & if you're not fast enough they fire you. And if you think you have 90 days to learn it, wrong they will unfairly fire you and get away with it. This job sucks. So don't plan on any long term employment with them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Georgia2019, augusztus 6.
My experience has been good. But I'm in a smaller office. My postmaster has been awesome; Coworkers the best. Some times you get alot of hours. Hard for some to stick with because you're only guaranteed one day a week. Holidays can be stressful but if you can stick with it, it's not a bad place to work. Pays pretty good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overworked, under paid and under appreciated.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ohio2019, augusztus 6.
I’ve worked there five years now. You start out as a substitute driver or carrier. They don’t give a hoot about your family life. They work you HARD during christmas. The vehicles they provide are over 30 years old. No A/C. Barely any heat. Rear wheel drive- good luck in the snow. The management Are all jerks. They don’t care about you, they care about their next bonus. Carriers do NOT receive bonuses not even during Christmas. . I’m desperate to get out of there. Oh but! Great benefits. *rolls eyes*
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
no advancement
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Whitewater, WI2019, augusztus 6.
no advancement. 7 plus years and still considered part time. Vehicles are not maintained. I do not feel comfortable putting a review in this website.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Aweful Management
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Carrollton, TX2019, augusztus 6.
Hired as a rural carrier, was told I'd work 60 hours every week (was not scheduled 40 hours-ever). Was told in just a few months would have own route, when got to station was told it's more like 2 years! They gave me 3 days "training" which means I drove my own car behind my trainer & just watched him. I never got to sort, case or do anything that would help me do my job. All my trainer was worried about was getting out as fast as he could since he got paid 8 hours, no matter what he worked. When there is not a route to do, you do express which has to be delivered by noon or 3 pm. The managers tell you to scan the packages as "attempted" BEFORE you leave the building! They explain that USPS does not want to lose any money for late deliveries, so go ahead & lie. IT'S OK! So many lies were told while in classroom training, they lead you to believe this is the best job you'll ever have. I DROVE MY PERSONAL CAR 90% OF THE TIME AND WAS NEVER PAID MILEAGE. I'M STILL OWED $200 & *SHOCKER* MY FORMER BOSS WILL NOT RETURN MY CALLS. Imagine if I stole $200 from them, do you think nothing would happen? The training was so bad that when you mess up you're manager calls you in & does not listen to you or give you more training or offer any help or solutions. When you do something good there is zero praise. Later found out he was promoted & hated being a manager-IT SHOWED!
Pro érvek
nice, helpful co-workers (mostly)
Kontra érvek
managers in carrollton tx are tools
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Management is TERRIBLE!
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Murrysville, PA2019, augusztus 6.
If you are alright being called in at 6 am to work and having no life on the weekends, this job is for you! If you have family that you don't care about, this job is for you! If you are okay with being harassed by your post master for getting bit by a dog, remotely complaining about your hours (too much or too little), Get a job here! You will work 6 days a week, 7 if they need you! The job says part time, but it's basically on call all the time.
Decent Salary, Good Workout
Kontra érvek
On call all the time, poor management
an RCA perspective
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mason, TN2019, augusztus 6.
Pros: The pay is good. If you're at a good PO, then you'll likely have a good experience.

Cons: Only guaranteed to work one day a week [some RCAs are fortunate to work more days] and you might be an RCA for years before having an opportunity to become a regular carrier.
Worst job ever
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  DuBois, PA2019, augusztus 5.
The only good thing about this job is that it is union so you basically can't be fired. There are no benefits until you go full time and that could take 10+ years to achieve. I have yet to go to an office that has been managed properly. The supervisors have no idea what the job entails nor will they step out from behind a desk to find ways to improve any situation. Most of the time they can't even make out a schedule!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to have a career
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salinas, CA2019, augusztus 5.
I was a rural carrier associate, meaning i made 16.40 when i first started in 2015. Its gone up since then. To make career takes a while with the Rural side, but is 100% worth the wait. The rural carrier union is phenomenal and the benefits are great
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's going down hill, quick!
Rural Mail Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tennessee2019, augusztus 5.
I love the actual job, I do. What I hate is I am still part time, work more than any regular. I have spent in the last 2 years over $30k on vehicles to "work" out of. Management has caused my anxiety to go insane. My nerves are shot! Christmas time is beyond unorganized, and being a RCA you're always getting f*cked. Run, far away!
Pay, being alone
Management, christmas
Na
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pleasant Grove, UT2019, augusztus 5.
Job atmosphere is demanding, but worth the experience. At all time stay focused on such as follows: reading, driving, lifting, listening, weather conditions, and health.
Great American Postal Service
Clerk PTF/ PSE/ Rural Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nebraska Tri-City area2019, augusztus 4.
I enjoyed working for the great American Postal Service, it was fast paced and there was a lot to learn. There are opportunities to apply to other positions, I worked as a rural carrier, a clerk and PTF/part time flex, that can work up to full time. I travelled and worked at smaller post offices out of a larger post office, I liked the variety and learning new things. It is culture that is integrating tech, but not everyone understands it.
RCA - Rural Carrier Assistant
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Holland, MI2019, augusztus 4.
sort mail for your route in the morning - load your vehicle - deliver the mail. Everything is timed to the minute. your individual workload varies daily. USPS is a union shop, so that means all the trappings that come with it are always in play - for better or worse
Fast paced
RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sandwich, MA2019, augusztus 4.
Very hard when learning or during holidays. Enjoyable during slow periods and nice weather. Way better home and life balance compared to my previous concierge and restaurant jobs.
Very poor management
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Olive Branch, MS2019, augusztus 4.
Supervisors are petty and poorly trained. Show favoritism and get mad when you can’t come in to work last minute when someone else calls in. Don’t like when you request off for ANYTHING and you’ll be lucky if it is approved. The Post Master is no better. He is lazy and not helpful AT ALL! Employees gossip too much and can’t just mind their business and do their jobs! STAY AWAY FROM THE OLIVE BRANCH POST OFFICE!!!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very busy job, customers are very appreciative
RCA - Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Niles, MI2019, augusztus 4.
This job is great if you are a full-time employee with your own route. Full time employees receive ALL benefits.
If you are coming in as a substitute carrier, however you need to have a very flexible schedule and assume to work many long hours at times, and then have some weeks where you work very few hours. When I was single without little kids, this was the most fabulous job you could have. The pay is great, however as a substitute you DON'T receive ANY benefits. They only recently added healthcare as a minimum requirement under Obamacare. If you're a generally healthy person, this isn't an issue. I recommend this position if you have a spouse who already receives benefits for your family, otherwise wait until you are promoted to full time to begin your family.
Sucked
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Punta gorda2019, augusztus 2.
Horrible experience with low life management use u up and then talk to u like trash
Very poor leadership and absolutely the worst environment I have ever been exposed to
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van